Lens maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jepoy

Dec 2, 2006
Hi guys I need to check from all experts out there whether if my lens can still clean due to the fungus inside? Any recommended shop that doing this kind of service also any idea how much?

Hope you can help me, thanks! :)

yup u can try ya service centre or stores such as the camera workshop or camera hospital in the penin area..

cheers

If it's not really serious (like if the fungus is not all over but only at one spot), you can still get it clean but if it's a serious problem, you might have to change the elements in your lens... Try The Camera Hospital at Sunshine Plaza, they're pretty good ^^

Thanks a lot man for the help!

For lens maintenance, you need Dry Cab. The best friend for camera's gear.

When you clean fungus, the quality of lens is drop. Depending on how bad the fungus and how good is the cleaner.

Regards,
Arto.

Does anyone wipe your lens clean before storing it in the dry cab?

Does anyone wipe your lens clean before storing it in the dry cab?
Only if I have time and remember to wipe it. Usually after come back from sea side is a must for me.

Regards,
Arto.

I really am quite paranoid about touching the lens, so usually, I just use solution to clean the filter. Am I doing the right thing? I was thinking, since I've always got my skylight filter screwed over the lens, the lens should be clean right? Btw, is there like the most proper method to clean filters other than 1) Blow off particles with blower 2) Spray the cleaning solution on cloth provided or lens cleaning paper, then rub in circular fashion 3) Blow dry or wait for it to dry? Please enlighten.

I really am quite paranoid about touching the lens, so usually, I just use solution to clean the filter. Am I doing the right thing? I was thinking, since I've always got my skylight filter screwed over the lens, the lens should be clean right? Btw, is there like the most proper method to clean filters other than 1) Blow off particles with blower 2) Spray the cleaning solution on cloth provided or lens cleaning paper, then rub in circular fashion 3) Blow dry or wait for it to dry? Please enlighten.
I prefer not to use any solution. Wipe it gently with microfiber cloth should be ok. Do not use microfiber cloth for lens to wipe the camera. Use another microfiber cloth for camera.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.