Lee Big stopper

Chiong sua ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :bsmilie: Yups, I agree... nevermind kiasu... if you want get it today, otherwise wait for another blue blue moon... The Lee holders are hot items. Still have stocks of the Big Stopper?

No idea man, didn't ask about that. My damn Lee foundation kit and adapter ring still with Singpost for god knows what reason. Hopefully tomorrow they deliver to my home...

No idea man, didn't ask about that. My damn Lee foundation kit and adapter ring still with Singpost for god knows what reason. Hopefully tomorrow they deliver to my home...

Still no sign?? What service did you use? Hopefully not the V-post...

Got mine already, used royal post, means still end up depending on Singpost.

Well well, congrats! Have you tested it out yet?

Weather hasn't been very good the past 2 days, so no. :( I hope woodlands waterfront will be clear tomorrow.

The longest I have ever done was 45 mins. This was shot in Perth (without any filters of course).

4756877148_eecf92a68c_b.jpg

nice!

wondering if i can get such skies in melbourne? cos going for a holiday trip next week. i will be staying at docklands area... maybe too bright... :cry:

Trying to update the price for this Lee big stopper, I check in CP now S$176!! woahhh.. tempted ler but they don't have stock like usual... may I know if there's anybody waiting so long for queue list in CP but in the end they called you back to let you know they already have stock for this?

A bit OOT now, Guys may I know if you using bulb mode for e.g like hazmee that take 45 minutes using bulb, what are you using to cover the viewfinder to reduce light entering from it? can share in here also? Thank you..

Trying to update the price for this Lee big stopper, I check in CP now S$176!! woahhh.. tempted ler but they don't have stock like usual... may I know if there's anybody waiting so long for queue list in CP but in the end they called you back to let you know they already have stock for this?

A bit OOT now, Guys may I know if you using bulb mode for e.g like hazmee that take 45 minutes using bulb, what are you using to cover the viewfinder to reduce light entering from it? can share in here also? Thank you..

Yes, you can ask to be on CP's waiting list. I did that but I reckoned that it might be faster to order online which I eventually did. So i got my filter before the arrival of the lastest stock at CP. I ordered my at Teamworkphoto.

I will like to know also if others cover the view finder. If remembered correctly, I read somewhere that the mirror lifts up when u take the picture therefore does not matter whether u cover viewfinder or not.

Yes, you can ask to be on CP's waiting list. I did that but I reckoned that it might be faster to order online which I eventually did. So i got my filter before the arrival of the lastest stock at CP. I ordered my at Teamworkphoto.

I will like to know also if others cover the view finder. If remembered correctly, I read somewhere that the mirror lifts up when u take the picture therefore does not matter whether u cover viewfinder or not.

woahhh.. how much did you buy it?

I wonder it also about that, some of my friends said that it's better if cover the view finder so not much light come through it, I tried it several times and Can't see the diff :sweat:

woahhh.. how much did you buy it?

I wonder it also about that, some of my friends said that it's better if cover the view finder so not much light come through it, I tried it several times and Can't see the diff :sweat:

Its about 180 SGD with shipping. The price of the filter is 80 pounds. The pound is quite cheap now so quite ok.

Well maybe what your friends suggested is just in case thing....anyway let's wait for other responses...

Last edited:
nice!

wondering if i can get such skies in melbourne? cos going for a holiday trip next week. i will be staying at docklands area... maybe too bright... :cry:
if you are in the city, might be a bit tough to get clean night skies. :D

I didnt bother to cover mine. So far no problems such as light leaking in. In you are in dark places, shouldn't be much of a problem. Hope that helps.

Wah so fast the big stopper out of stock. Good thing I quickly grabbed mine 3 weeks back. :sweat:

woah hazmee... so good you already got that.. is it better than B+W ND? what u think?

Big Stopper can be purchased from Cathay. Damage is $188, but stock is very limited (went to those on the waiting list) - best to put yourself on the list now... or call if they have leftovers (peeps who backed out)...

BIG YES for B+W ND110 ( 10 Stops )
has been out of stock for very long time ... got mine from the States ...
paid almost $210 ... Damn ...is good ... taken various pictures wif that ...

Just bought my B+W ND110 from TK Photo at $160 yesterday. No chance to test yet due to bad weather.

.......IAnyway the price is about the same including shipping. It was 80 pounds (SGD 160 plus ) plus about SGD20 for shipping.

I just bought mine yesterday for S$188.

TK sells the package of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 soft edge GNDs (all 100x150) for $200 IIRC. my 0.9 ND cost $60.

Its about 180 SGD with shipping....

New buyers take note ....... dont come here complaining later if you pay a MUCH higher price new or 2nd hand.....

Last edited:
guys generally when u shoot in bulb mode what is the recommended aperture?

guys generally when u shoot in bulb mode what is the recommended aperture?

I think it depends on how much DOF and length of exposure you want right?

Have anyone tried using Lee Big Stopper on Cokin Z-Pro holder?
Any light leakage problem?

Cathay's increased the price. It's now 200.