Lee Big stopper

Night time don't need the big stopper la boss. Unless you are crazy enough to wait for a few hours. :bsmilie:

Always remember that the exposure will go up exponentially whenever you use the big stopper.

The longest I have ever done was 45 mins. This was shot in Perth (without any filters of course).

4756877148_eecf92a68c_b.jpg

Cool! nice picture! wah 45mins very long leh.....so you just stopped down to acheive the long exposure?

You bet I did, but the Lee filter holder ALWAYS out of stock EVERYWHERE. Even Teamworkphoto ran out of it again within a few hours, nothing much I can do at all. Gonna get the Hitech one which is cheaper overseas.

I feel so happy I got it on BnS... ;)

The ones sold at TK are the 100x150 ones. 100x100 GND ones on formatt is like 85 pounds for 3 pieces mix n' match.

TK sells the package of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 soft edge GNDs (all 100x150) for $200 IIRC. my 0.9 ND cost $60.

TK sells the package of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 soft edge GNDs (all 100x150) for $200 IIRC. my 0.9 ND cost $60.

Are you refering to LEE GND or other brands?

There's a 3-6 weeks delay worldwide. Poop! I have an el cheapo Hitech 10 stopper but it's pretty bad.

Dear Bro

Can someone show a picture of the Big Stopper....

I am on Cokin P holder with Tian Ya ND filter.... I am wondering if Lee or B+W ND 10 can be used on this???

I am new to this, so I got some queries..... is ND4= 2 stops, ND8=3 stops?? I tried to stack my Tian Ya ND4 & ND8 but have a color cast....

Thank you...

Last edited:
The Cokin Z holder lets in too much light. You don't want light seepage at such long exposures.

I think Lee's are worth the money, even its filter holder system. I really don't like my Z-holder. It feels so cheap.

Here's a link to a review of the Big Stopper (with images of the product): Big Stopper

There is a foam gasket outlining towards the outter edges.

Happy reading!

Last edited:

This price is for hitech filters.

Just asked TK last week:
Hitech GND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2 are $90 each.
GND set of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 is $200.
GND set of any 3 combination is $235.

Hitech ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2 are $60 each.
ND set of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 is $120.
No choice of any 3 price.

Lee Foundation kit still out of stock.

This price is for hitech filters.

Just asked TK last week:
Hitech GND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2 are $90 each.
GND set of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 is $200.
GND set of any 3 combination is $235.

Hitech ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2 are $60 each.
ND set of 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 is $120.
No choice of any 3 price.

Lee Foundation kit still out of stock.

I never knew they actually carried Lee stocks so far... Anyone bought any Lee items from them in the past? I think they waiting for their Lee stocks to come in... Only Hitech since they've opened at Funan.

$90 for GNDs, that should be what I've paid for.

Thanks for the info!

Here's a link to a review of the Big Stopper (with images of the product): Big Stopper

There is a foam gasket outlining towards the outter edges.

Happy reading!

Thanks bro for our link..... I enjoy reading all these....

Only tested my Tian Ya filter yesterday, and finally know how to use it ND filter.... now, have yet to try in the field yet... so I am hoping I could have a chance to do soon.... ;)

Thanks bro for our link..... I enjoy reading all these....

Only tested my Tian Ya filter yesterday, and finally know how to use it ND filter.... now, have yet to try in the field yet... so I am hoping I could have a chance to do soon.... ;)

Glad to be of some help. Most importantly shoot more and have fun! :) I'll be going out for some evening shoots soon, don't want my equipments collect dust...

Glad to be of some help. Most importantly shoot more and have fun! :) I'll be going out for some evening shoots soon, don't want my equipments collect dust...

I have not tested my filters cos I lack a stable tripod.... always shaky.... till now.... now, can test out the filter more...... and get the technical know how..... seems I got the know how now... it is the field test next..... ;p

I never knew they actually carried Lee stocks so far... Anyone bought any Lee items from them in the past? I think they waiting for their Lee stocks to come in... Only Hitech since they've opened at Funan.

$90 for GNDs, that should be what I've paid for.

Thanks for the info!

I think they carried LEE filters even after moving to Funan but it's always out of stock, so maybe getting from online would be faster :)

I think they carried LEE filters even after moving to Funan but it's always out of stock, so maybe getting from online would be faster :)

I stand corrected then. Just yesterday, I visited the store, and saw some typically colourful Lee boxes under the counter. Not a whole lot, maybe their stocks clear very fast!

I stand corrected then. Just yesterday, I visited the store, and saw some typically colourful Lee boxes under the counter. Not a whole lot, maybe their stocks clear very fast!

Oh maybe that's the filter holders? The boxes are really quite colourful :bsmilie:
If I'm not wrong, I think the filters come in black pouches. But they told me that the hitech filters sell faster.

Both Cathay & TK are listed as dealers on Lee Filters webby.;)

Oh maybe that's the filter holders? The boxes are really quite colourful :bsmilie:
If I'm not wrong, I think the filters come in black pouches. But they told me that the hitech filters sell faster.

I believe the ring adaptors are colourful kinds as well... What I saw was not as big, so I'd assume just the rings.

Yes, hitech filters sell faster because they are usable on Lee holders. The only filter from Lee I'd recommend is the Big Stopper (for starters), everything else would be hitech.

Those looking for the Lee rings and foundation kit, Cathay got stock today. Better call and reserve before it's all gone in a flash again.

Those looking for the Lee rings and foundation kit, Cathay got stock today. Better call and reserve before it's all gone in a flash again.

Chiong sua ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :bsmilie: Yups, I agree... nevermind kiasu... if you want get it today, otherwise wait for another blue blue moon... The Lee holders are hot items. Still have stocks of the Big Stopper?