last day

Status
Not open for further replies.

coklat

Dec 11, 2006
Hey, my first time posting picture here. Newbie here heheh. Thanks God, I manage to escape the storm from jakarta before the great floods destroyed the city. Here one picture that i managed to take from my hotel room.

Please c&c. And i can take harsh comment for me to improve. :sweat: Thanks guys.

Picture taken with my brand new D80. and.. i forget the setting.. hehhehe:embrass:

stormpd6.jpg

Ok... a picture with unrecognised processing potential.

Do u mean processing with photoshop? any idea how to improve it with pp? :dunno: i did slight adjustment with sharpening and colour tweaking.. but only alittle bit..

Dodge the buildings, burn the sky. However, leave the lightning area bright.:)

Just my tots.

Do u mean processing with photoshop? any idea how to improve it with pp? :dunno: i did slight adjustment with sharpening and colour tweaking.. but only alittle bit..

I can't tell you how to improve, for a photographic image can only have an aesthetic vision that can only be recognised by the photographer. The viewer appreciates, critques (if applicable) and admires.

There are many opporturnities to play with, like Curves, Filters and Gradient Maps. That's what's fun about PS: experimentation.

the setting is

1/90 f/6.7 ISO 100 at 28mm

:embrass:

btw, lastboltnut's suggestions sound good but need a bit of skills. that would really make it dramatic. XiaoMiaoWang has given what you needed to know. curves go up go down. colours go up go down. just playyyyyy! it's free.

this picture is really flat except for the nicely placed captions and the streak of lightning.

I can tell you how to improve, for a photographic image can only have an aesthetic vision that can only be recognised by the photographer. The viewer appreciates, critques (if applicable) and admires.

There are many opporturnities to play with, like Curves, Filters and Gradient Maps. That's what's fun about PS: experimentation.

I tried some filters but almost all looks very 'fancy' to me. Hm.. thanks for ur suggestion anyway i guess i should learn more on photoshop also. (now still learning about the cam :))

the setting is

1/90 f/6.7 ISO 100 at 28mm

:embrass:

btw, lastboltnut's suggestions sound good but need a bit of skills. that would really make it dramatic. XiaoMiaoWang has given what you needed to know. curves go up go down. colours go up go down. just playyyyyy! it's free.

this picture is really flat except for the nicely placed captions and the streak of lightning.

How do you know the setting????? :eek: :eek: :eek: u scaring me!! were u behind me???

superb capture with overalll nice composition. id leave it as it is. the tone and tone of the pic has a raw energy to it.

Thanks for your kind comments :D

mann you're very lucky to capture the streak of lightning, especially with 1/90 shutter speed...usually ppl capture lightning bolts by slow shutter plus tripod...

Shoot more, Learn more!
Happy Shooting ^^

mann you're very lucky to capture the streak of lightning, especially with 1/90 shutter speed...usually ppl capture lightning bolts by slow shutter plus tripod...

Shoot more, Learn more!
Happy Shooting ^^

ah.. no wonder so hard to capture... now i know why. First i use very fast shutter speed and slowly reduce it.. :bsmilie: hahha silly me! i should tot of that.. very slow speed with tripod ai yah.. never mind hope next time still got chance. I mean chance to shoot lighting not about the flood & storm.

wow .... very nice.

the main attraction is the lighting, which eventually leads my viewing path towards the tall highlighted building in the centre. :)

maybe can try PS to make the rest darker, leaving only the highlighted area on the tall building?

just my 2cents :)

thanks all for your c&c, really appreciate it. I can't wait for 5 more days to upload another picture :) so much thing to learn so little time...

question, if i want to upload again suggested pp of this work, should i wait for 5 days or i can do it anytime?

No need, if you make improvement of the same pic, you are suppose to get feedback and try out mah..... But I would suggest you post it in this thread and not starting another new thread.:)

thanks all for your c&c, really appreciate it. I can't wait for 5 more days to upload another picture :) so much thing to learn so little time...

question, if i want to upload again suggested pp of this work, should i wait for 5 days or i can do it anytime?

No need, if you make improvement of the same pic, you are suppose to get feedback and try out mah..... But I would suggest you post it in this thread and not starting another new thread.:)

Cool! then i shouldn't waste time
stormpd6cs4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.