just a quick 'survey'...(cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the GR6 trans confirm + guarantee shifts much faster than the s5 when i tested it even when i put the s5 into dynamic mode.

Sorry, I meant GR6 vs DSG/S-tronic, not vs the Tiptronic, I presumed besides S5 you would have also tested something with DSG.

It's interesting to see how everyone has picked up on this technology, eg. Mitsubishi and Porsche with the SST and PDK respectively. Too bad it can still be jerky on lower gears (not to mention cost and weight) which means it will be some years before it supplants the automatic transmission and CVT.

i know cars in aussie land are pretty cheap(compared to sgp).
how much did his s5 cost over there?

when i was studying in aus, a base wrx cost about 35-40k niah.

price of an S5 back then was about $130 odd k's. (he daren't tell my mom cause she would have had a fit! haha)

does it matter?

Lol....

Eh,I think he's thinking along the lines of at traffic light junction, see a lambo stop by, then look at the driver's seat, only to find a balding ah pek there:bsmilie:

Lol....

Eh,I think he's thinking along the lines of at traffic light junction, see a lambo stop by, then look at the driver's seat, only to find a balding ah pek there:bsmilie:

i was in an SBS bus once, and this ferrari pulled up beside it. engine reving, light turned green, ferrari shot off, and the bus just rumbled along. got to the next set of lights, and guess what... we pulled up next to the ferrari. this went on for about 2 or 3 intersections, it was classic, the ferrari couldn't shake us. (the open road was a different story though.)

i was in an SBS bus once, and this ferrari pulled up beside it. engine reving, light turned green, ferrari shot off, and the bus just rumbled along. got to the next set of lights, and guess what... we pulled up next to the ferrari. this went on for about 2 or 3 intersections, it was classic, the ferrari couldn't shake us. (the open road was a different story though.)

Yea! Aiyah, SG too many traffic lights lah.... But dunno why ppl still jaywalk:think::dunno:

singapore roads are just no built for these cars. vy bad for the engines. but well. it is their choice to get the car. ha

so anyway. TS. congrats on ur car purchase. Drive safe.

Congrats on the GTR. Are you going to be joining the GTR gathering at Kallang, every weekend? :)

Congrats on the GTR. Are you going to be joining the GTR gathering at Kallang, every weekend? :)

GTR owners all so free one arh?:bsmilie:

vote to S5

Ai yo... i came back from work to read this thread...

Missy Jeanie is definately a girl not to be trifled with... :sweatsm:

She is quite smart at answering all the questions... especially someone asks he is beginning to wonder how she looks like & how Missy replies him...

Missy definately knows her stuff... more so than many men... i guess Missy is a car enthusiast.

Ai yah, another point is those CSer dun come in here to lecture her on the practical aspect of owing a car in Singapore leh... i dun want to read that kind of post... just want to see or read abt the car...

Black Edition means your car is black in colour loh... isn't it? :sweatsm:Besides the wheels being black, the body & interior also black one wat... if it is gun metal with other body colours, then those are premium edition isn't it?

GT-R dun have sunroof one is it? I never quite noticed.

as for tyres, i am not sure.but by the time i change tyres, i think there will be stock on shelves for this 20 inch BS.either that, or i may just slap on semi slicks?RE55s maybe?and try it out in sepang.(though semi slicks are definitely street illegal).

I have seen Honda Civic Type R that uses this tyres as daily rides.

i believe mine still has the 180km/h limit cos it's stock.

anyway i dont intend to remove it, cos if going NS highway, i will take other cars instead of the gtr.
unless i decided to take the gtr to sepang to stretch it's legs.but even so,
being female, at the end of the straights turn one, i usually dont dare to go above 200km/h.

ecu reflash will remove the 180km/h limit i heard.
from cobb tuning?or HKS speed delimiter?

HKS & Mine's got. In Japan got Amuse Powerhouse but i dunno if locally got... if got i also dunno where, maybe Garage R, coz i saw a Honda S2000 with Amuse Powerhouse bodykit goes there for servicing.

ok guys.

bought the gtr.delivery in 2 weeks time.

so i'll be the ah lian in a 'ahbeng' car.
but it's ok.

wow.... :thumbsup:

Just saw this thread. My vote would have gone for the S5, principally because in Singapore or Malaysia, it would be hard to appreciate the extra performance that the Nissan provides over the S5, and yet (to me), the S5 oozes more style.
On the other hand, the S5's design is sorta diluted by the rest of the similarly-looking range. If you want something that stands out, then the GT-R it is! I think their dual-clutch system beats even VW's...

me envious... :) give chance to us poor folk when you're on the road! :)

colleague ask me why i need such a fast car when every 100m there's a traffic junction.

somehow this answer shot to my mind.
"why do olympics have 100m sprint now that we have bicycles, cars, trucks, roller blades, skateboards...blah?"
"what's the difference when usain bolt reaches the 100m mark at 9s(?) vs a primary school fat boy reaching the mark at 1 minute?"

why?why?why did japan come up with a 0-100kph car in 3.5 secs, when tokyo has one of the worst traffic jams in the world?

why why why does paris hilton owns a mclaren SLR when a cherry QQ can bring her to red carpet events too?why why why?

there are simply too many whys to be answered.

non car enthu will NEVER understand WHY enthu's love for performance cars will always be in their blood.

prob not.but may go mingle, or may join them for B-road drive up north.

i used to join meetups, but it always ends up comparing each other rides, or popping bonnets and see who zhng the most...blah.
i dont really see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.