Is milk good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjourn

Aug 9, 2004
Punggol 21
I had some despairing discussion with my xxx, she attended some detox camp and says that milk is actually no good...

that was last week, and this week wify just saw documentary on it also say the same.

I would'nt know the scientific terms of it or why is it...anybody care to share if you hear the same thing?:dunno:

All sorts of mumbo-jumbo, there are 80,000 arguments as to why milk is not good for you and why milk is good for you. Who cares? So long as you exercise and don't take too much of anything it will be ok.

Some I've heard:

1) Milk increases the amount of protein in your diet, and this in turn leads to a loss in calcium due to a higher amount of protein in your diet. So milk providing calcium is self-defeating argument. =/

2) Milk causes you to produce large amounts of mucus. Bad for body. This is true, but not problematic, really.

3) The way milk is produced today causes your milk to have tons of cow blood, various mucus from cows, and pus. Uh-huh. Nothing that pausterisation won't get rid of leh.

Why do you have a despairing discussion with your xxx? =D =D =D What is xxx? =D =D =D

there has been a growing trend to ppl saying milk is not good.
a leading webbie would be www.notmilk.com, check it out.

generally, there has been studies that say that milk might not be all it is, a calcium provide. studies have given insight that some sickness might be worsen by the consumption of milk, that cow's milk carries inate forms of diseases and a leading cause of stomach illness. advocates of non-milk say that cow milk are only meant for calves only.

well take all this in with a pinch of salt. the worldwide stand is that milk is still good. but over-consumption is not.

i'm asking as this is a hot family topic now...thinking of whether to feed my children milk or not....:confused:

XXX stands for someone in my family.

milk is good, chocolate milk is better. :bsmilie:

i'm asking as this is a hot family topic now...thinking of whether to feed my children milk or not....:confused:

XXX stands for someone in my family.

of cos u should becos they are children.

only those pple who ate rubbish need to detox themselves
:cool:

Juz to point to something more obvious...

if milk ain't good... wat hav all the babies (including ourselves in the past) been drinkin all along. :dunno:

honestly speaking...i treat milk like water...for 3 years...LOL!!!

Another something to consider...

those "Dr"s who contribute to nomilk.com... wat they feed their babies with? :dunno:

There's a lot of controversy in most common health topics. One moment I hear or read researchers from XXX Uni (some even reputable ones) say that taking fruits and vege is good for you. Then the next moment, ABC Uni says there is no conclusive proof that eating fruits and vege can help prevent ZZZ diseases. Some say eating this is good, others say that. All these research is rubbish to me. I just follow the general consensus to guide me. I think there are perhaps many other factors to consider. Such as use of pesticides on the food, and of course, your genes.

As for milk, it's another controversy. The best food for thot I've heard is: "Cows don't drink cow's milk. Why should you (as human)?"

Juz to point to something more obvious...

if milk ain't good... wat hav all the babies (including ourselves in the past) been drinkin all along. :dunno:

that being said... there are cases where infant body DOES reject milk, or something like that. Dun hav the stats tho.

As for milk, it's another controversy. The best food for thot I've heard is: "Cows don't drink cow's milk. Why should you (as human)?"

Good for bathing. :think:

Milk no good...

That explains why all of us have screws loose! :p

but what if there's no cow milk then there's no cheese, no cakes, no cream for coffee, no bakeries, no pancakes, no milkshake too.

Wow I can't believe there are people gullible enough to believe that milk isn't good.

About the only reason I can see why some people can't drink milk is because of lactose intolerence. For these people the main reason is because they stop drinking milk at an early age and therefore don't have the enzyme lactase to break down the milk.

I believe that cow's milk is not good for you and therefore products made from cow's milk are not good for you. I don't eat any dairy products unless they are made from goats milk, which is not mucus-forming like cow's milk. I also believe it's a myth that you need to drink milk for calcium when in fact much research shows that milk strips your calcium reserves. It's much better to get these minerals from green vegetables instead.

Infants do not drink cow's milk. They have breast milk or formula and I don't believe anyone would give a young baby a bottle of cows milk!

Status
Not open for further replies.