Is milk good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's put it this way, if there's no controvesy over something, the scientise makes no money.

I had some despairing discussion with my xxx, she attended some detox camp and says that milk is actually no good...

that was last week, and this week wify just saw documentary on it also say the same.

I would'nt know the scientific terms of it or why is it...anybody care to share if you hear the same thing?:dunno:

Every food in this world will kill us eventually... so we are going to believe it ?

The next I am going to hear is spinach , onions and garlic will kill us by some scientist- yes it will be only the partial truth, as there are various conditions for this to happen..

Live in moderation , in a common sense. Man has been drinking milk for millenniums and we still live by it. Just take it as a pinch of salt and not get too worry about it. You are less likely to be killed / harm wholely by a milk based on a normal lifestyle.

Remember - science only give the partial truth under the specify condition. Do not believe blindly without applying common sense.

let's put it this way, if there's no controvesy over something, the scientise makes no money.

lets put it this way too....

if the scientists doesn't do their jobs, your docs don't get the required drugs, and then u can go suffer your illness and die from it.

so please mind what u say...if u don't know the ins within a profession, its better to keep your mouth shut

like any kinda medical advancement/invention/discovery, there will always be 2 sides of the coins.

Look at Da Vinci, look at Newton, the past so called "DISCOVERS/Inventors" Da Vinci had NO TRAINING in Science nor Medicine, yet he made drawings that impacted the revolution and understanding of Medicine. Gallileo and copernicious have always been persecuted by those who didn't believe in them even though they have made impt discoverys and inventions.

So, to answer the question whether milk is good? In general, milk is good in terms of NUTRITION, although the better tasting ones are usually full cream of high fat content.

However, the main problem and argument is that
1) Asians tend to have more lactose intolerance ---like me.... but i dun care:p
2) Cow's milk contains alot of bovine antigens (which the naive human body when exposed to it, MAY mount a drastic immune response to these antigens, hence effecting an allergic response).. if the situation is severe, it can lead to a systemic hyperallergy which is rather dangerous. Children with their naive immune system are usually more susceptible.
3) Breast milk from mothers to infants/children are the best form of nutrition...especially the "first milk" for those who are more familiar with this term. It usually contains alot of natural antibodies that the mother can pass on to her baby and this is one of the reason y most clinicians will encourage this practise.

so whats the conclusion? u've heard the pros and cons....

if u can't take cows milk, go for soyabean milk (like me)
if you have a baby, y not start him/her on breast milk?

Put it this way, Medicine is WHOLISTIC. Its not just the scientists/pharmacist/docs/nurse that is solely responsible for its practise/advancement.

u'll need engineers who can manufacture surgical steel, u need the pharmacist to derive the exact concentrations per dose of a drug, u need scientists to experiment with new ways to target say AIDS viruses, SARS-CoV, and even to utilize Stem cells blah blah blah.... last but probably the most important, u need the frontliners.... the nurses and physicians to explain and access the situation, to perform triage and to treat another fellow human

Milk is a natural detox for me. I drink milk when my sewage system gets choke up.

I believe that cow's milk is not good for you and therefore products made from cow's milk are not good for you. I don't eat any dairy products unless they are made from goats milk, which is not mucus-forming like cow's milk. I also believe it's a myth that you need to drink milk for calcium when in fact much research shows that milk strips your calcium reserves. It's much better to get these minerals from green vegetables instead.

Infants do not drink cow's milk. They have breast milk or formula and I don't believe anyone would give a young baby a bottle of cows milk!

ALAMAK!!! I drank cow's milk as a baby/toddler/kid/teenager....

SIAO LIAO!!!!

Not to mention my achy breaky bones...

Infants do not drink cow's milk. They have breast milk or formula and I don't believe anyone would give a young baby a bottle of cows milk!
Check out the ingredients of most formulas in the market..

They definitely do not use human milk. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i only heard LOW-FAT milk is not good for females because some stuff are stripped from it in the process of removing the fats and was suggested to be the main cause of infertility and other problems.

I've not and never heard of drinking milk being HUMful. I meant harmful.

It is 'true' milk makes your body produce lots of 'mucus' (so to speak) but all protein rich foods does that! I think divers who suffer from sinus or congested nose problems will know the trick to stay off protein rich food weeks before their dives to reduce 'excess protein' in their bodies which produces the 'mucus'. That doesn't apply only to milk. Beans and soy products are included as well.

It sounds like a MLM scam to me.. playing on the half-truths and making you buy their cow milk alternatives at exorbitant rates in the name of good health.

Check out the ingredients of most formulas in the market..

They definitely do not use human milk. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
it's called FORMULA milk... but I tot it is additives to cow's milk? :dunno:

it's called FORMULA milk... but I tot it is additives to cow's milk? :dunno:

Wiki:

is a modern artificial substitute for human breast milk. Formulas are designed for infant consumption, and are usually based on either cow milk or soy milk.

Additives to cow milk? Yeah, it's mainly cow milk though. :bsmilie: Just pointing out some mistruths!

Anyway time to debunk the milk strips calcium myth (IF I remember correctly.. :sweat: )

For the body to absorb protein it needs calcium as a vehicle, so it ain't the milk, it's protein-rich foods (anyway the body is not that dumb to strip calcium off the bones to do that; excess protein is disposed via urine).

Similarly, the body needs Vit C to absorb calcium, therefore calcium through green vegetables are more "effective" because of the Vit C.

At the end of the day, just eat everything in moderation.

Additives to cow milk? Yeah, it's mainly cow milk though. :bsmilie: Just pointing out some mistruths!

Human milk farm??? :think:

Two Legs GOOD!! :bsmilie:

Anyway time to debunk the milk strips calcium myth (IF I remember correctly.. :sweat: )

For the body to absorb protein it needs calcium as a vehicle, so it ain't the milk, it's protein-rich foods (anyway the body is not that dumb to strip calcium off the bones to do that; excess protein is disposed via urine).

Similarly, the body needs Vit C to absorb calcium, therefore calcium through green vegetables are more "effective" because of the Vit C.

At the end of the day, just eat everything in moderation.
Doesn't really "strip calcium", but it does not aid as much in the calcium for bones drive as claimed everywhere.

A few detailed write-ups on the issue I read a while back stated that the rough gain in calcium due to the "stripping effect" and gain by means of milk's calcium negated each other. So effectively there is no harm.

In short, a person with a diet lower in protein would not require as much calcium as a person whose diet is high in protein. So it isn't green vegetables, milk or what, it's your diet, and then you must adjust to see how much calcium you need.

I drink milk because it tastes good and yummy. LOL! But the same rule still apply, eat in moderation. Live for a hundred year. Hehehehehehe...

Satay this weekend anyone? :)

I drink milk because it tastes good and yummy. LOL! But the same rule still apply, eat in moderation. Live for a hundred year. Hehehehehehe...

Satay this weekend anyone? :)

Drink your milk but leave the cow alone. Can forget about your beef satay unless u go for mutton. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.