Is it really need to purchase extended warranty for plasma tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limbang said:
finally bought a 42" plasma without extended warranty.
very pleased with the set.

now, looking for dvd hardisk recorder.
Which model?

I never believed in extended warranty at the rate technology is getting outdated and thr price falling down.

dawgbyte77 said:
I never believed in extended warranty at the rate technology is getting outdated and thr price falling down.
That depends, read my #14 post.
And u know why. I'm not the only one, another guy at HWZ has his Panasonic Plasma with almost the same problem, paid $1k for the repair.

evq said:
That depends, read my #14 post.
And u know why. I'm not the only one, another guy at HWZ has his Panasonic Plasma with almost the same problem, paid $1k for the repair.
Wise move my friend, especially at the price you are paying for it.

jbma said:
Wise move my friend, especially at the price you are paying for it.
Yeah, at that time, i was on the fence, can't make up my mind, then, to think of that $700 warranty, as compared with $7k that I was going to pay for that TV, it is just 10%. It will give me some peace of mind. Why not rite?
Now, I am a believer of extended warranty.:bsmilie: Of cos, also depends alot of the price of the product.

I have a 42 JVC plasma since March. The installer guy says JVC pays him $200 for every installation including repair jobs, and of course this $200 will be passed on to owner on top of whatever repair labour and parts charges (which will also not be cheap) after the warranty period. IMO, I think the plasma screen (be it Japan or Korean) will easily last for many years, but I'm not too sure whether the loads of miniature electrical/electronic components inside the TV can tahan the extreme heat and last just as long! Imagine paying say $400 juz to replace a broken 50 cents capacitor! So, extended warranty definitely should be considered...

i think is not necessary .. cos usually a tv wont broke down in less than 3yrs

simon80 said:
i think is not necessary .. cos usually a tv wont broke down in less than 3yrs
That is only for CRT TV. Plasma & LCD are diff.

evq said:
That is only for CRT TV. Plasma & LCD are diff.

my CRT spoil every year leh... my room previous philips 29" died exactly 1 year later, happen so no warranty liao... den now my room 1 also about to die again.. another 29" crt... reason y i get CRT cos i play shooting games... lppl... piang piang...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
my CRT spoil every year leh... my room previous philips 29" died exactly 1 year later, happen so no warranty liao... den now my room 1 also about to die again.. another 29" crt... reason y i get CRT cos i play shooting games... lppl... piang piang...
U so suay.
Remember there was time when all CRT from all brands came with 10yr warranty?:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.