Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion said:
The winner is to be decided by voting.

So if you are first out with your great photos, you can creat the first impression which will dilute and outlast any other viewing of other L'Eau d'Issey photos. How many perfume bottle photos can you tahan?

i believe posting of images has nothing to do with winning at all or increasing the chances of winning.

Sion said:
The winner is to be decided by voting.

So if you are first out with your great photos, you can creat the first impression which will dilute and outlast any other viewing of other L'Eau d'Issey photos. How many perfume bottle photos can you tahan?

Nah, I don't think that that's his intention lah.

Anyway, I believe if a photo is bad it's bad. If it's good it's good, you'll be able to distinguish it from the rest.

*disclaimer* - I'm not saying that my picture is good okay.... :bsmilie:

edward1 said:
Why are you so desperate to post your picture?

Hi there,

cos i believe transparancy, if i post first, others will post also, then don,t need to go down and see mah.................that simple loh..

good is gd, bad is bad, thats simple also.....

If i go down and see, also to see i got select or not, some more dont know coloue ok or not, if they print dull colour out, gone case liao man......

copperbird said:
Hi there,

cos i believe transparancy, if i post first, others will post also, then don,t need to go down and see mah.................that simple loh..

good is gd, bad is bad, thats simple also.....

If i go down and see, also to see i got select or not, some more dont know coloue ok or not, if they print dull colour out, gone case liao man......

Agree with copperbird here. Why think so much into it? Anyway only the customers get to vote and how many of them are csers. :D

May I suggest....

How about get Luxasia to agree to post ALL the selected pixs here, same day as when the public exhibition starts. Then we can all view at our own leisure, even in middle of the night if we so desire.

Also, it might be interesting to learn from our thought processes and failures if we post those pixs that we did not submit, eg we imagine the pix would look nice but when actually take it, looks so so only.

But these would have to be totally different concept, not a slight variation of our entries, such as same pix with slightly different exposure or cropping.

xmen2003 said:
Maybe the results will only be released on the actual day itself - 22 Mar 05.

Results will certainly be after the exhibition.
Quote from the Issey Miyake mailer I received "Vote for your favorite piece & stand to win a pair of tickets to the most romatic city in the world, Paris".

Make sure you visit the exhibition and vote ...... your way to Paris. :bsmilie:

Aim said:
Results will certainly be after the exhibition.
Quote from the Issey Miyake mailer I received "Vote for your favorite piece & stand to win a pair of tickets to the most romatic city in the world, Paris".

Make sure you visit the exhibition and vote ...... your way to Paris. :bsmilie:

I am referring to the top 30 and not the overall winner. ;)

xmen2003 said:
I am referring to the top 30 and not the overall winner. ;)

Timelines and Deadlines:-
12th January to 31st January : Pre-Selection Phase - Submission of entries for pre-selection.
1st February to 7th February : Pre-selection of photographers by Luxasia and notification of selected photographers.
8th February to 28th February : Competition Phase - Submission of images by selected photographers.
22nd March to 27th March : Exhibition of images at Centrepoint atrium.15th April : Announcement of Results.

in Their timeframe, i think we will know the selected top 30 now.(?)

i wud like to have the 'pour homme' ver too. :angel:

xmen2003 said:
I guess so. Maybe the winners were already been notified. ;p
thats means we are the losers.. we are the ones who doesnt know what is going on.. LOL! :bsmilie:

xmen2003 said:
Where is Mocha? He should have the most up-to-date info. ;p

hello, unfortunately I've no new info to offer. I am totally in the dark. I guess all of us will know the final 30 entries tomorrow. Maybe some of u did try pestering the organizer for info? Pls share. :bsmilie:

Anyone working nearby Centerpoint, maybe he/she can take a peek and shed some light tomorrow during lunch time. ;)

Yup. Anyone working near Centerpoint? Get some photos of the exhibits and post leh.... :bsmilie:

Hi guys, I just heard from my friend that the 30 exhibits are up at Centrepoint Atrium. You may want to go down and take a look after work or school. All the best to everyone! ;)

I saw a.......

CHESS BOARD.... ;p

:cheers:

I saw 3.....

BUTTERFLIES flying round the bottle.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.