Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agila said:
speaking of the consolation prizes.. is it possible to get a "for Men's" 125ml L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme? I may assume that those who got 2 entries selected got 2 bottles also?

Mocha, please ask the organizer about this... :bsmilie: Thank you so much :D

Agila, your wish has been granted! :bsmilie: :vhappy: :cheergal:

May we have all entries posted in CLUBSNAP now.
Afterall, it almost a project by the CLUBMEMBERS.......
a first I presume :))

Mocha,

Mucho gracias for the update :)
Many thanks to Issey for the opportunity to shoot as well. Invaluable experience.
Hoping for more opportunities in future.

Had a minor ego boost seeing my work on display.... (but quickly deflated after seeing quality of other works... ) Great work from all the entrants.

About the finalists' entries on display, haw mani are from pro and haw mani are from amatuers?

I think those with pro studio equipments may have upper hands on this one as some of the difficult effect such as "frozen stream of water" is difficult to achieve with a 60-watt daylight household bulb. :)

And also considering the skill level, would it be fair to lump pro and amateurs together instead of having 2 separate divisions?

I think with the experience of organising this contest, Luxasia will do a better job next time round if there is a next time.

I have a commercial interest in still life photography. The final entries show me how far I have to go to produce arresting still life shots.

Thank you all!

Well. Thanks to Luxasia and Issey for this opportunity.

It's been a good learning experience. Thanks to Mocha for regular updates! :thumbsup:

hip, hip, hurray to Luxasia. still waiting for Darren's update from Luxasia regarding seeking their consent for posting of 30 images on CS.

reachme2003 said:
hip, hip, hurray to Luxasia. still waiting for Darren's update from Luxasia regarding seeking their consent for posting of 30 images on CS.

Sorry lah. I just saw Darren stepping into his private jet for a weekend in Paris. Ring Paris Hilton lah. The hotel not the star.

I think the old view that pros have more equipment than hobbists is dead. A few CS with full studios are not pro in that sense of the word ie deriving the bulk of their income from photography wink rather it could be the reverse photography is the biggest expense they have. Anyways as you well know a lot can be done with a little - your own works have proven that.

ellery said:
I think the old view that pros have more equipment than hobbists is dead. A few CS with full studios are not pro in that sense of the word ie deriving the bulk of their income from photography wink rather it could be the reverse photography is the biggest expense they have. Anyways as you well know a lot can be done with a little - your own works have proven that.

I have to agree with you to a certain point.

Although I've produced 7,000 commercial still life cliches in the past 4 and half years, everytime I desire a certain classy lighting effect, I come up against severe limitations with my 60-watt household bulbs.

I've learned how to live with them by simplistic solutions. Anyway two or three of the excellent standard of the finalist shots you've seen won't be enough for me. I need more than 10,000 of average shots that could be mass produced cheaply and in 15 minutes. Otherwise there won't be vegetables, pork and hot soup on my dinner table. :sweatsm:

Sion said:
I have to agree with you to a certain point.

... I need more than 10,000 of average shots that could be mass produced cheaply and in 15 minutes. Otherwise there won't be vegetables, pork and hot soup on my dinner table. :sweatsm:

hi sion,

just curious, do u take commercial still life for a living? :thumbsup:

thx mocha for this update. :thumbsup: its helpful people like u that make this forum beautiful. :cheergal:

so any news on how to collect our prizes?

thx a million!! :heart:

Hi all,

Have decided to register so that i can post my reply myself instead of having to trouble desmond all the time..anyway..thanks though.

Well...i am here to annouce the winner of the Imagine L'Eau d'Issey Spring 2005 photography competition :)
Well...after tabulating the votes....the winner is

MS ERYN YEE
Title of work: The Soul of Water

congrats and i will inform you again for collection of prizes. Remember to look out for next week's You-Weekly ya.;)

To the other 29 entries...kindly come down to collect your 125ml L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme ya.

(Also to those that din submit your work..please help by taking initiative to return me the bottle of fragrance so that i will not need to call you all one by one. );p

Thank you all for participating!!

Ms Jingwen, can post her winning image here for us to admire?

wow hazelnut did it again ! man is she good.. :sweatsm:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

looking forward to see more of your pic postings. :D

Congrats Eryn! :cheergal: :D
care to post the winning picture here? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.