Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon said:
I saw 3.....
BUTTERFLIES flying round the bottle.
:cheers:
WOW! :bigeyes: nice idea! that would be my personal choice :D wonder how he/she shot it.... :D

got a few use water & water droplets & water as reflection. u know who u r, very nice.

also a few that use some kind of background (bathoom curtain?).

one uses pure flowers to take the shape of the bottle, no actual bottle seen.

one uses a bunch of red/orange/yellow rose at the back as background.

got one uses fake flowers & butterfly.

got chess board.

got colour smoke aura.

well, thats about it. :) i can see many 'high hand' here, all shots very well taken, can use for commercial me thinks. :D

saw flowers in the shape of the bottle, droplets of water or splashes of water all over the image, bottle sitting amongst green leaves or petals, wind mill like movements, yeap, three butterflies fluttering around the bottle, leaking perfume from the bottle with image of the bottle in it, falling petals, etc. if these are one or two of yours, congratulations. one shot of mine was among the 30 images.

took some pics while there.

cant wait to go have a look... :D
btw, did you managed to see one with droplets of water and flower by the side of the bottle set in white background?

what colour is the flowers? many uses flowers. outdooor shot or indoor?

Its a purple flower on the left side
Its taken outdoor.
Couldnt make it down.. and probably will not be able to
till the weekend... suspence is killing me.

Thanks.

===

Think my entry got in. Many thanks to Mocha for PMing the good news :)
cant wait to see you guys' works. Hope to learn for all you pros out there. :thumbsup:

hptay said:
cant wait to go have a look...
btw, did you managed to see one with droplets of water and flower by the side of the bottle set in white background?
I suggest you go there and see for yourself :) Im telling you, its really surprising to see those finalist! In case your picture was not selected, you wont regret seeing the final selected entries. Although my picture has been selected too, i still learn something new after i saw the other entries.....

Congrats and thanks to clubsnap for sub-organizing this kind of events :thumbsup:

three similiar postings. attest to the extreme slowness in accessing the cs. when a new post appears for the first time, it is already 4 mins later.

reachme2003 said:
three similiar postings. attest to the extreme slowness in accessing the cs. when a new post appears for the first time, it is already 4 mins later.
yeah.. actually i already cancelled my posting... i thought its not working...

Hi hptay,

I saw the pic you described, but the name tag for the pic is Felimon. I think u may want to make a trip down soon to ensure the tags are correct. :)

Agila, could u ask Felimon if his pic has been tagged wrongly with hptay's? I know their pics are displayed back to back.

I know there's another such case where back-to-back photos are tagged wrongly. :)

Mocha said:
Hi hptay,

I saw the pic you described, but the name tag for the pic is Felimon. I think u may want to make a trip down soon to ensure the tags are correct. :)

Agila, could u ask Felimon if his pic has been tagged wrongly with hptay's? I know their pics are displayed back to back.

I know there's another such case where back-to-back photos are tagged wrongly. :)
my friend also notice it..

Important, Please take note:

if your pics are tagged wrongly, the organiser should swop the photographer's name, title and description ONLY. Photo number should always remain with the photo throughout the competition - this is also to ensure the votes for the photo submitted today (22 mar) remains with the photo. :)

Wah.... I went down yesterday.

Only one thing to say.....

notworthy.gif

which is the best you guys think so far? :dunno:

to each his own, IMO.

As expected, mine were in the bin :bsmilie:

Congratulations to those who made it. Gosh, I can see you guys are really good and the effort put in ... incredible. Well done guys.

Mocha said:
Important, Please take note:

if your pics are tagged wrongly, the organiser should swop the photographer's name, title and description ONLY. Photo number should always remain with the photo throughout the competition - this is also to ensure the votes for the photo submitted today (22 mar) remains with the photo. :)

dun know if the organiser even bother with it. they probably find it too troublesome to dismount & swop tags.

i m saying this becos they got my name spelt wrongly. i SMS Jing Wen & i got "sorry about that... its your works that counts right? thank u for participating" still wrong name i think, haven't gone down to check. :(

well, look on the bright side, waiting for my 'pour homme' D' Issey. :D

for those who didn't make it. dun be despair. for what i observe, i conclude that the company is not really looking into good looking pics. rather, they r looking for many diff concept to showcase their product in as many diff light as possible. its a way they r promoting this model of Miyake. so i m very sure u all have shot well, its just that they want diff looks for their prod, so similar concept r chopped off. mine was not well shot but makes Miyake look diff, thats why its up there. didnt pin any hope either. :sweat:

:cheers:

(ps. after looking at Jing Wen's reply, i also dun bother to tell her that she hung my pic upside down. probably won't change anything either.)

smurfman said:
which is the best you guys think so far? :dunno:
As reachme 2003 said "to each his own" but if i were the judge, i'll choose the "Reflections" entry. wait.. is it ok to discuss our personal choice here? if not, then i'll delete this post :)

which one? is it the one with splash of perfume with the reflection of the bottle in it? the concept of reflection were used quite extensively.

speaking of the consolation prizes.. is it possible to get a "for Men's" 125ml L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme? I may assume that those who got 2 entries selected got 2 bottles also?

Mocha, please ask the organizer about this... :bsmilie: Thank you so much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.