Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, I agree with Darren. I think there will be chance for everyone to appreciate each other's work during the exhibition. There and then we can share our thoughts and exchange our views. I think we have to hold back our enthusiasm for the time being. Breaking the terms may risk getting our entries disqualified. :)

Mocha said:
hi guys, I agree with Darren. I think there will be chance for everyone to appreciate each other's work during the exhibition. There and then we can share our thoughts and exchange our views. I think we have to hold back our enthusiasm for the time being. Breaking the terms may risk getting our entries disqualified. :)

Agreed. Just wait till 22nd lor. Then all of us can go and see. ;)
Sigh.... think you guys may have very good pics... :cry:

Adiemus said:
Agreed. Just wait till 22nd lor. Then all of us can go and see. ;)
Sigh.... think you guys may have very good pics... :cry:

Dont think like that, everyone's a winner, cos we win perfume liao, may get another guy's perfume ok..... ;p

Since everyone submits 2 photos, there would easily be about 60+ entries.
Luxasia is selecting 30 shots. Does that mean that there would be a possibility that 2 photos from the same participant be selected?

:think: :think:

I think so, cos a good shots means a good shots, even from same photographers..........no reasons to reject another good pic from same photographer :)

copperbird said:
I think so, cos a good shots means a good shots, even from same photographers..........no reasons to reject another good pic from same photographer :)

So assuming that it can happen. Some participants might even walk away with 2 bottles or win $3000 and a bottle. :bigeyes:

*drool*

never think that far.................................. :think:

Adiemus said:
So assuming that it can happen. Some participants might even walk away with 2 bottles or win $3000 and a bottle. :bigeyes:

*drool*

:bigeyes: As long as they don't make me return the earlier bottle, I'll be happy already :sweat:

so, those submitting may start posting under Still Life variations of the images submitted or other images not submitted. yes?

reachme2003 said:
so, those submitting may start posting under Still Life variations of the images submitted or other images not submitted. yes?

Alamak, no need until like that lah!

Otherwise, if really want can just crop 1 mm from the sides, or make brighter/darker by a little bit and then argue that it is not EXACTLY the same pix.

By the way, just submitted at 5pm, wah stressful.

First pix taken on Sunday. Done. Happy.
Second, 3rd, 4th.... pixs taken during the week, all not happy. So so only.

Finally last night got another idea, this morning wake up, take pix, go develop, go all the way to Bedok to scan with KEK - who provided wonderful friendly service and did a great job - then take taxi go submit.

Only now can relax and breathe easy a bit.

Good luck to all (including me, ha ha).

reachme2003 said:

Pls do. By the way, I am not one of the participants and is unlikely I am making a trip down to centerpoint. :)

stressful - this could not have come at a worse timing for me personally- both work and home front have first calls on time avaialable. Finding time to shoot this was a problem. The thin nature of information on what the organiser wants is a problem. did a whole nighter for this.

xmen2003 said:
I think it should be ok as long as you don't sell your photos before the entire competition is over. After that, I think they will only restrict the winning entry right?

I would think the organizer would want you to sign in the entry form that you'll be given up all rights to the submissions?

If they don't do so, where is the proof that you consent to give away the rights. The regulations say so? It's interesting to see what the court say so in this case.

Another point is that those photos you have taken of L'Eau d'Issey may not be of any commercial use to you. You would need property rights for them to be used commercially. Even you don't shoot with the perfume label full on, the bottle has a distinctive shape which is patent. At the very most you may use it as an editorial illustration for an article about French Perfume in a magazine.

And if you think the prize money is too low after discovering that your winning entry is being used extensively in a multi-million international ad campaign? Well, an American model has successfully sued the photographer and ad agency that the payment to her was unjustifiably low after discovering her face was splashed across all over the place.

By the way I am not a lawyer only a CRFTP (campaigner for the rights and fair treament of photographers). :sweatsm:

exactly can post or not?????????? :confused:

deadline over liao...............................can post?????

copperbird said:

from the r & rs perspective, i would think that those images submitted for final competition are only those which photographers had relinquished their rights to Luxasia. so, those not submitted are those which you still have rights over them.

copperbird said:

As long as it is not EXACTLY the same, it is ok. :D

Quoted by Darren:

not the exact same image .. can show a variation or slightly different image

copperbird said:

Why are you so desperate to post your picture?

edward1 said:
Why are you so desperate to post your picture?

The winner is to be decided by voting.

So if you are first out with your great photos, you can creat the first impression which will dilute and outlast any other viewing of other L'Eau d'Issey photos. How many perfume bottle photos can you tahan?

Status
Not open for further replies.