image quality loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

inckurei

Apr 25, 2007
Jurong East
www.butterflycircle.com
anyone knows how to preserve the color quality when converting .tiff or whatever big formats to jpg?
im quite upset abt the fact that the image looks great in photoshop but when i save it to jpg the color quality just drops terribly.

is there an alternative to saving in another format that can be viewable on the internet without losing the color quality?

anyone?

i tried saving to jpg or png.
for jpg.. i saved it at max quality and 5 scans.. some how the image still loses its vibrant feel =[

ROAR im getting quite pissed off with PS. ok let me show you guys an example. and please please please someone resolve this terrible problem of mine! heres a sample of what im experiencing. and sorry for the large image

shitty_ps_by_inckurei.jpg

can you guys see the color difference in the two shots? the background one is the original and when i save it.. it turns into mush!

The color is very bad.

But your original question was incorrect. SAVE FOR WEB IS NOT SAVING TO JPEG.

File size is much smaller. As a result, quality has tobe sacrificed a bit. Unfortunately, if you done use save for web but rather just save as jpg, the image appearing on the web will not improve much, and your file size will be huge.

Try the instruction in this link and follow the steps re color problems.

http://bigfolio.stikipad.com/support/show/Image+Optimization

Dont slam Photoshop. It's not ideal, perfect, but the best that is available at this time for 90% of us.

Thanks for the help. the colors improved a little. i think with a bit more of tweaking it should be good to go! =D

im not very good with photo editing softwares =(

The color is very bad.

But your original question was incorrect. SAVE FOR WEB IS NOT SAVING TO JPEG.

File size is much smaller. As a result, quality has tobe sacrificed a bit. Unfortunately, if you done use save for web but rather just save as jpg, the image appearing on the web will not improve much, and your file size will be huge.

Try the instruction in this link and follow the steps re color problems.

http://bigfolio.stikipad.com/support/show/Image+Optimization

Dont slam Photoshop. It's not ideal, perfect, but the best that is available at this time for 90% of us.
good advise, have you also checked your colour spaces? your tif is in sRGB? the jpeg surely is, if the tiff is in prophoto or aRGB a colour shift may result as well.

I do not know your source file, for your TIF could have been in in 16 bit colour. JPEG have been defined only for 8 bit colour. There can be a significant colour change converting from TIF to JPEG even at the the lowest compression and highest quality.

ive sourced out the problem already. the color profile is not set when i saved in. a bit of tweaking and everything turned out fine =D thanks loads for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.