imac vs pc graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
help me out on this one guys.

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

i checked out the specs, i think the response time not that great?
30 inch a bit too big.if i do get it, i reckon i'll have to sit further back to do PS.

i use my com for photoshopping, spreadsheets, and occasionally games.

looking at the 24 inch.

help help!
good or not?worth getting or not?:dunno:

Yo pal, long time no talk with you liao... Now looking at 30"???? you are really going too fast liao... I got a friend using the 26" TV as his monitor and in no time he gave up and go back to 19" instead:) Sometime... the size does matter.

Yo pal, long time no talk with you liao... Now looking at 30"???? you are really going too fast liao... I got a friend using the 26" TV as his monitor and in no time he gave up and go back to 19" instead:) Sometime... the size does matter.

why he downgrade?
but like some guys said b4 in this thread, tv cannot be used as monitor mah.:dunno:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

30 inch a bit too big.if i do get it, i reckon i'll have to sit further back to do PS.

looking at the 24 inch.

help help!
don think you will need a fast response LCD unless you are serious about gaming/video editing... etc

don think you will need a fast response LCD unless you are serious about gaming/video editing... etc

i need.when i play FPS games...

looking at the 24 inch.

help help!

it's good. juz make sure ur graphics card has DVI interface & supports that rez (1920 x 1200 60Hz).

from the specs, it can display the full 16.7mil colours (true 8 bit panels) & the response time is decent enuf for most work.

i also checked the apple 23" display (no 24" from mac), it has the same standard DVI interface. so if u r really keen, can buy also & use it on ur PC, no need to get a mac juz for the LCD.

hope this helps. :sweat:

it's good. juz make sure ur graphics card has DVI interface & supports that rez (1920 x 1200 60Hz).

from the specs, it can display the full 16.7mil colours (true 8 bit panels) & the response time is decent enuf for most work.

i also checked the apple 23" display (no 24" from mac), it has the same standard DVI interface. so if u r really keen, can buy also & use it on ur PC, no need to get a mac juz for the LCD.

hope this helps. :sweat:

u mean i can get the mac lcd screen for my pc ah?

sigh...now that i thinking of changing to a 24 incher, must go see if my graphics card can suuport.doh:rolleyes:

indextop20060807.jpg

no point paying for an apple display if you are not using a mac.

what's a good graphics card now?

as said, for games and ps.
maybe gog SLS later.
need info now:kiss:

maybe gog SLS later.
not good, but BEST = 8800 GTX (single GPU). :bsmilie:

maybe gog SLS later.

i'm currently using the nvidia 7600GT 256MB & it cost $200. casual gaming & PS is overkill already. btw, its a PCI-E card, if u r using the older AGP graphics, u can get a good card to support that hi rez for about the same price too. :)

happy shopping. :D

(ps. i really dun see any diff with mac display vs non-mac. last time i went to wheelock place, the mac shop has samsung LCD & MS 2 button mouse for demo. the samsung LCD didn't look bad at all & its not those hi end ones.)

Guys just another question. Sony launch their first HD 1080 LCD TV, does it make any difference for the usage of that as computer monitor? As of a TV I must say I am impressed..

Where is the best place to get an iMac? Is it on ww.apple.cpm.sg Store?

Tia! :)

Without a doubt, SGL Marketing. :thumbsup: I got both my iBook G4 and Macbook Pro from there. Very nice service by the lady owner and of course most importantly, better pricing than your apple stores. :D

i need to come back to this thread for more advice.

http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPL...6364020/wo/UW4PteFJD8Nk2mZGmbLKlS35Og4/3.?p=0

looking at the 24 inch.
is the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 128MB SDRAM, 2.16GHZ processor and 1GB mem good enough for CS2 and LR applications?
good as in NO LAG.

and WHERE is a good place to buy it.are all mac controlled price or can i get it cheaper somethere.

please advise.:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.