imac vs pc graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
best to ask the colour professionals
but as far as i know, NO cms is 100% correct

I agree.

But if Apple's Macs has a higher percentage chance to getting close to 100% accuracy, then it would be quite a different story altogether.

if the variables are cut down to only select models
then the results can become more predictable

thus a better chance of getting closer to 95% accuracy.

I wish I could have two PCs too. But not economical for me to have 2 PCs each in 3 different homes spanning 2 countries. :bsmilie: So... bringing around a MBP and a iBook G4 does the job for me. :)

best to ask the colour professionals
but as far as i know, NO cms is 100% correct

sorry to ask again... how do u actually use the color sync feature? the links shown r merely ads for apple leh, saying how good how good. i fiddled with it & it seems to be some s/w that will convert the pics to any preset profile in the list.

but where do u or how do u create a profile accurately in the 1st place? still need an ext device right? can't possibly adjust the accuracy by juz looking & adjusting mac's profile in advance mode right? where's the reference?

TIA :D

it depends on your devices and if they come with profiles or not
you need profiles for screen
scanner
camera
printer, paper, ink

everything must remain constant
if you change something, you will need to recalibrate

what are you calibrating? to output device?

i see. thx for explaining. :)

so for a typical scenrio, i shoot from DSLR & then want to print out to inkjet printer, how shud i set the profile? assuming the images r in RAW & they r converted to sRGB.

how about if i sent the same files to photo labs? do i need to tell them about the images profile?

lastly, how do i set film scanner profiles? using the Nikon ED5000.

thx again! :) if using mac easier to tie all these profiles together, then i'll like the new change. :bsmilie:

decided to junk the idea of imac.

i bought a 27inch monitor yesterday.:)

Currently now... no matter what you do, the color of your 27' monitor will never match that of your 27' even the 30' mac monitor does not have the same vibrancy as te 24'. i think its the current hardware that supports the color rendition on your monitor. n mac is mainly tailored for graphics use. its not because of ascetics, its cos mac really manages color better. :)

i know.generally mac is better than pc for graphics.at least, that's what i heard:dunno:

but!

i'm no pro, i dont really need a imac and hell, i dont even need a 27incher.:bsmilie:

i think i am only attracted to imac by it's asthetics.:embrass:

i know.generally mac is better than pc for graphics.at least, that's what i heard:dunno:

but!

i'm no pro, i dont really need a imac and hell, i dont even need a 27incher.:bsmilie:

i think i am only attracted to imac by it's asthetics.:embrass:

happy for you jeanie, that you got what you need. I'm glad you were happy with what you got, that's all that matters. :)

Currently now... no matter what you do, the color of your 27' monitor will never match that of your 27' even the 30' mac monitor does not have the same vibrancy as te 24'. i think its the current hardware that supports the color rendition on your monitor. n mac is mainly tailored for graphics use. its not because of ascetics, its cos mac really manages color better. :)

really ah? i thot once u calibrated XP correctly, then it shud look as good as the mac? no? i'm not sure if mac really manages color better (untill i can figure out how Colorsync works on my PC psuedo mac) apparently what i normally do is to use the "Let Photoshop manage profile" selection to print/work, applies to both OSes. any big diff here?

dun know leh... still can't feel that mac is better. maybe need some color management class :sweat: & advance mac lessons.

porsche,ferrari, ferrari, porsche.
which is better?which is faster?

no conclusion one lah.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.