imac vs pc graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the specs for your comp...maybe an upgrade will be all that you need... :)

i seriously dunno.i go check later and i post.
but the last time(a few months ago) when i went to SLS and ask what other upgrades to speed up my com, they told me it's already the fastest they can do.but if i want any faster, i have to change the entire motherboard and cpu and all that blah blah blah.:cry:
btw, i did see a imac using windows interface.

worth getting?or if i do get mac, should stick to mac os?

have never really trusted the people from SLS...of course some shops are better than others, but they will mostly know the general stuff (if at all) but might not be as informed about optimizing for specific purposes...

even though mac have the possibility of switching to windows, just stick to the mac OS.
I dnt see much diff between mac an pc. Nowadays the mac wants to be a pc and the pc wants to be a mac.

but now my pc already 2GB ram.
so will the imac 24 inch makes any difference in speeds at all?

due to the different system and software architecture in the PC n mac, u cant differentiate the speeds just by looking at the specs. in the PC world, the 2 famous brands of processors, Intel and AMD, have different processor clock speeds but a 2.4Ghz AMD processor may not necessarily be slower than a 3GHz Intel processor. this is due to the different architectural design of the 2 chips.

so to make it simpler, buy the iMac now MTL then find out for urself. :devil: BBB!

but the last time(a few months ago) when i went to SLS and ask what other upgrades to speed up my com, they told me it's already the fastest they can do.but if i want any faster, i have to change the entire motherboard and cpu and all that blah blah blah.:cry:

stick to the Mac OS if u dun need the Windows OS. if not, u're better off saving the price premium n sticking to ur PC. and yes, the newer Macs can make use of a software Bootcamp to run Win OS.

due to the different system and software architecture in the PC n mac, u cant differentiate the speeds just by looking at the specs. in the PC world, the 2 famous brands of processors, Intel and AMD, have different processor clock speeds but a 2.4Ghz AMD processor may not necessarily be slower than a 3GHz Intel processor. this is due to the different architectural design of the 2 chips.

so to make it simpler, buy the iMac now MTL then find out for urself. :devil: BBB!
I think the question should be: is the difference great enough to buy a whole new computer...
and personally, all things being equal, the difference in the way Macs and PCs use the same amount of RAM can never justify buying a whole new computer, Mac to PC or PC to Mac...

PC users tend to install more things to "try out" and then uninstall.... these leave traces behind that can clog the PC. If you use a PC and run XP, it is recommanded to install this:
http://www.ccleaner.com/

CCleaner cleans the XP OS so you'd regain some space and more importantly have a leaner registry....

ANyway, I am using both PC with XP and Apple with OSX....

PC is more value for money when it comes to raw power. Apple OSX is not bad too. Its really Apples and Oranges... ;)

If I go out, I prefer to bring along my Apple - its white and looks presentable...
At home, both has its advantages.... like I said raw power to the PC. Esp if you slap a good graphics card on it. ;)

but now my pc already 2GB ram.
so will the imac 24 inch makes any difference in speeds at all?

your new imac will look oh so sexy sitting on your desk
you don't even have to turn it on

it just works better, speed is relative
what are you going to do with your new imac?

it can look faster, just add a horse wallpaper

well, if you don't mind it looking like a clone, along with other imacs ;p ;)

it just works better, speed is relative
what are you going to do with your new imac?

it can look faster, just add a horse wallpaper

ya lor.must have sexy desktop to compliment my sexiness (bitch mode on:p )

i intend to only do DI PP on my imac (if i buy it).
but as u know, i'm so computer idiot, i dunno what to buy now!the imac24inch really looks cool but is it 'upgradeble' or not?i really dont want buy liao then realised not fast enough, not good enough.then regret ah.

seems like must go through this entire thread again.i skipped some of the super long posts by the helpful csers .

i'm beginning to like bulls than horses.:sweatsm:

That's why I treat my Mac as a mstress and my PC as a wife...;)

so how do you make love to both?:p

ok ok...oot:sweatsm:

so how do you make love to both?:p

ok ok...oot:sweatsm:

Hehehe... exotic places for the Mac (library, McD, on the road, backstage, etc), she just loves the attention....:heart:

In the study for the PC..... strictly meat and potatos... :bsmilie:

ya lor.must have sexy desktop to compliment my sexiness (bitch mode on:p )

i intend to only do DI PP on my imac (if i buy it).
but as u know, i'm so computer idiot, i dunno what to buy now!the imac24inch really looks cool but is it 'upgradeble' or not?i really dont want buy liao then realised not fast enough, not good enough.then regret ah.

seems like must go through this entire thread again.i skipped some of the super long posts by the helpful csers .

i'm beginning to like bulls than horses.:sweatsm:

how fast do you DI? the computer is never fast enough
there is no way to buy and then discover that there is something faster

bulls also have

Oh.. Those clones from PC manufacturers. :bsmilie:
no clones from Mac or PCs...that's why I build my own PC...so I can be as individual as I wanna be :D

if u r already running a 3GHz monster, doesn't matter if its dual core or not, its already excellent for photo works. if not for my old 3GHz mainboard died, i wudn't even be bothered by "upgrading". i still keep my old devices (HDD, DVD burner, etc) despite having a new board, ram & graphics card (can u call this recycle?). now thinking of adding a creative X-Fi sound card for that extra sound processing. :p

coming back to ur question. if u r using mac, shud juz stick to OS-X & not XP. when u first install the XP onto the intel mac, u will be prompted for device drivers not found. OS-X doesn't comes with XP drivers & u might have problem getting one for the mac hardware. its ok with me but others might say "see i told u XP very 'leh je', must find drivers, this & that..." :bsmilie:

if ur wintel machine is not giving u problems, juz stick with it & get a nice big 24" LCD instead.

even though mac have the possibility of switching to windows, just stick to the mac OS.
I dnt see much diff between mac an pc. Nowadays the mac wants to be a pc and the pc wants to be a mac.

i think its more like computers want to be everything they can be. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: coffee maker anyone. :bsmilie:

the iMac is very much what it is. the only upgrade u can get is RAM & ext drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.