If you can only bring one PRIME lens...

If you can only bring one prime lens, which would it be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
20mm f/2.8 (sweet). Light and good walk around.

I am not a photographer. I take pictures is only for memory of events and captures my family's activities. I am particular about picture clarity but not Artistic purposes. My favourate lens are Sigma 20mm F1.8, Nikon 50mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.8, but if I can only bring one prime lens, then it will be Sigma 20mm F1.8.

My canon 50mm F1.4! But then it's the only prime lens I have :p Love it for being light & fast.

28mm. Not too wide, little dostortion, good enough for most scenic shots.

I voted for the 85mm just because I love the EF 85/1.2 for portraits. The EF 50/1.4 is a very very close second.

Not too shure really.

How close will the models be :dunno:

Will the size of the lens help them feel more comfortable with the shoot etc: :bsmilie:

AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED.... Thats all i need for my F100

:)

sriram said:
I'd use a 35/1.4 or a 50/1.4, most probably the 35. I like the angle of view better than the 50. However if I want to travel really really light it would be the 50/1.8.

If a porter is provided and someone is paying, I wouldn't mind the 200/1.8L or the 1200/5.6L. Great stuff !

How nice if I have the range of yr Ls.
I agreed that my EF 35 1.4 is my choice.

i am going for a packaged tour to Australia soon. and thinking of travelling light with only 1 50mm lens on d-SLR, think it is ok?

:embrass:

Paul_Yeo said:
i am going for a packaged tour to Australia soon. and thinking of travelling light with only 1 50mm lens on d-SLR, think it is ok?

:embrass:

You will be missing out on the nice wideangle shots... 50mm is not a very useful range for travelling.... If u prefer prime, then i can only recommend the Nikkor 14mm/2.8 for u :)
1428.jpg

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

28mm or 35mm. Any wider than 28mm built in flash will produce vignetted pics. 50mm not wide enough for indoor shots.

Edit: These focal lengths are for film.

Red Dawn said:
Hi
And it's actually fun to challenge yourself with prime lenses.

maybe we should have a poll to find out how many pple use prime lenses >80% of the time in their photography :)

Since using a 105mm prime then a 17mm I've rarely used my 28-70mm f2.8 zoom lens. Latest prime lens in gadget bag is 24mm.

I use the 105mm for macro and portraits. The 17mm and 24mm for street photography and portraiture as well.

Primes are fun. :thumbsup:

icarus said:
You will be missing out on the nice wideangle shots... 50mm is not a very useful range for travelling.... If u prefer prime, then i can only recommend the Nikkor 14mm/2.8 for u :)
1428.jpg

with the adaptor on and UV filter, will it has vignetting?

one thing about wide angle is that i am scared of shooting it without the adpator/filter put on, dust , scratches etc.... :embrass:

I will definitely bring the lenses on my specs. They are my second pair of eyes.

Okay, seriously, my all time favorite is still a 50mm.

photopurist said:
Okay, seriously, my all time favorite is still a 50mm.

Amen to that!

since if i can only bring onli 1 prime, den my safest bet would be 50mm..

icarus said:
1428.jpg

*drool.... drooll.....* the picture is sooo big and beautiful...
*drool.....*

icarus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.