If you can only bring one PRIME lens...

If you can only bring one prime lens, which would it be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mervlam
Canon EF 50mm f/1.0 L USM can? :D

reading from reviews....f1.0 being discontinued...and all.
dun think f1.0 kickas* so far f1.4 sharpest i think.
2 cents worth of thought

Originally posted by denizenx
optimus prime lens...
Prime.jpg

hahahahaha this one gets me!!

yeah, Chinatown in Sydney. Australia's my favourite holiday destination :thumbsup:

andrew

i will bring my 35mm AF F2 ,prefer it over the 50mm,and it can focus very very close too.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my 200 1.8.......yeah rite! :p :p :p

I am picking the 35mm 'cause it would be close to 50mm on the 10D... otherwise on a film SLR, would be 50mm...

It depends on what other non-prime lenses I have with me. The only prime lens that goes with me has to be complemented by the supporting cast. The prime alone just cannot do all jobs.

However, the answer would be different if the question is re-phrased such as "What is the one and only one lens that is a prime you would bring along?". Then my choice would be a 105mm 2.8 macro.

Originally posted by clive
if like that then might as well don't shoot

Then maybe it might surprise you to know that it isn't the lense that limits you...

But well, yes, i agree... You might as well don't shoot.

So many beautiful pictures taken with primes and all you can come up with is, "might as well don't shoot"? ;p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by clive
if like that then might as well don't shoot

My first time shots with a manual 50mm (SMC Takumar) are richer and sharper than my current shots with a Minolta AF 28-80mm.

20mm or 24mm for landscapes and general travel

i'd settle for the EOS 85mm f/1.8 - after all, william castleman www.wlcastleman.com did state that the EOS 85mm f/1.2L weighs like a tank and focuses slower than the 1.8, which i think should be because of the sheer weight of the optical lenses...

tried out the 85mm f/1.8 at CP last night, and it's wonderful... look at our new model! :D

03-06-16-kelvin-portrait.jpg

ISO 400, f/1.8, 1/60s @ 85mm

EF 50/1.4

Even if i had the 50/1.0L and the 50/1.8, i would bring the 50/1.4. But that's on a 10D. i think on a full-frame, i will get a 85mm.

For me, my small camera bag has 3 slots. A 16-35L and a 50/1.4 gives me the right weight and range for a carry-around package. The 50/1.4 sees more use than the zoom. The 3rd slot can be 75-300, or flash.

Revo77: a 1.4x and a 2x on a 50mm? i think a consumer zoom might give better pictures at the 100mm range, less hassle and cost.

Right now i only have nikon 50mm f1.8 :cry: , so i can only bring that lens.

DennisLee said:
Right now i only have nikon 50mm f1.8 :cry: , so i can only bring that lens.

I'll bringing my 50/1.8 too! :cool:

I'll bring my Mamiya 65mm lens & it's 32mm focal length converted to 35mm format...... :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.