If you can only bring one PRIME lens...

If you can only bring one prime lens, which would it be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd use a 35/1.4 or a 50/1.4, most probably the 35. I like the angle of view better than the 50. However if I want to travel really really light it would be the 50/1.8.

If a porter is provided and someone is paying, I wouldn't mind the 200/1.8L or the 1200/5.6L. Great stuff !

Canon EF 50mm f/1.0 L USM can? :D

It will be my trusty Nikon 50mm1.4.:cool:

Originally posted by ckiang
which would it be (for what you normally shoot lar)?

Regards
CK

20mm f/2.8 AIS rocks!!:thumbsup:

travel.jpg

not only the view angle or focal length, I always take into consideration the closest focusing distance of a lens...so that I can shoot close-up pic. So, faster lens not necessary good...have to take into consideration the CFD.

Originally posted by Kho King
not only the view angle or focal length, I always take into consideration the closest focusing distance of a lens...so that I can shoot close-up pic. So, faster lens not necessary good...have to take into consideration the CFD.

That's true, for CFD wise, me thinks the 28mm f/2.8 can go down to 20cm so that's really close :cool:

andrew

Originally posted by kh_drew

That's true, for CFD wise, me thinks the 28mm f/2.8 can go down to 20cm so that's really close :cool:

andrew

to be clear, it is the Nikon AIS 28mm f2.8. Having the closest focus distance in Nikkor. :)

Originally posted by ckiang

How does it compare to the AF-D?

Regards
CK

er...never tried the AF-D coz all my primes are AIS but from what I read on the net the optics should be similar? :dunno:

andrew

this may sound CRAZY but I think I'm falling in love with the EF300 f4L

bulky yes... big yes... heavy yes... L lens yes... white yes... good yes... powderful... you betcha! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.