I hate Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
madmacs said:
windows since 1st version and dos before that. mac since 1993. you leh?

btw...fcp5 worth the upgrade from fcp4?
More than 15 years since LC2 and using PC before windows, DOS period but I hate DOS despite it being more stable than windows.

How do I avoid getting prompted by Mac OS to key in credentials everytime I perform an admin task? It's freaking annoying.

madmacs said:
btw...fcp5 worth the upgrade from fcp4?
Its funny, FCP came from the creator of Premiere but the interface and stability was far better but FCP5 look ironically similar to PremierePro now. 4-5 differs at the HDV support mainly, otherwise FCP4 is a great improvements from ver3 already on Text and effects. :D

Hommie said:
More than 15 years since LC2 and using PC before windows, DOS period but I hate DOS despite it being more stable than windows.

For a moment I thought you were gonna say... since Altair dayz....
;p

Zplus said:
For a moment I thought you were gonna say... since Altair dayz....
;p

on first look (from far without ur specs and in dim lighting), altair 8800 looks a lot like a G5. :bsmilie: So much for innovation.

Hommie said:
Its funny, FCP came from the creator of Premiere but the interface and stability was far better but FCP5 look ironically similar to PremierePro now. 4-5 differs at the HDV support mainly, otherwise FCP4 is a great improvements from ver3 already on Text and effects. :D

yeah i have fcp 4.5 which has hd support. thats why i didnt upgrade to fcp5 yet.

you mean the fcp interface or premiere interface and stability is better? i never tried premiere.

madmacs said:
oi...really or not. dont anyhow say :bsmilie:

I nearly burn my leg the other day... Isin't this the main reason why Apple switch over to cooler Intel chips?? I ask the salesguy at Apple once whether there is such a thing as G5 laptop.. He oso said "G5 cpu too hot not possible to put it into a laptop". :bsmilie:

maddog said:
on first look (from far without ur specs and in dim lighting), altair 8800 looks a lot like a G5. :bsmilie: So much for innovation.

:bsmilie: Just flip it one side... hahaha

Just for laughs... Don't take it personally.

G5_8800_Hybrid.jpg

madmacs said:
yeah i have fcp 4.5 which has hd support. thats why i didnt upgrade to fcp5 yet. you mean the fcp interface or premiere interface and stability is better? i never tried premiere.
Apple hire/lure the creator of Premiere from Adobe the king of low cost editing system to Mac to create a competition against Adobe whose, at that time dominating both the PC and Mac platform in editing system. Thus, came Final Cut Pro whose interface was very similar to Premiere but far more stable(Premiere was buggy) and cleaner look.

By the time FCP reached 3, Apple have taken at least 70% of the Mac editing market from Adobe. Premiere who reached 5-6.5 was still buggy(on both system) and losing Mac's market share to FCP decided to release the PremierePro to fix the bugs and isolate Apple by not releasing the future Premiere on Mac from then.

Btw, I use Sony Vegas the most now. It is amazingly simple yet powerful editing system. IMHO, Vegas is better than FCP, Premiere and Avid. :thumbsup:

Hommie said:
Apple hire/lure the creator of Premiere from Adobe the king of low cost editing system to Mac to create a competition against Adobe whose, at that time dominating both the PC and Mac platform in editing system. Thus, came Final Cut Pro whose interface was very similar to Premiere but far more stable(Premiere was buggy) and cleaner look.

By the time FCP reached 3, Apple have taken at least 70% of the Mac editing market from Adobe. Premiere who reached 5-6.5 was still buggy(on both system) and losing Mac's market share to FCP decided to release the PremierePro to fix the bugs and isolate Apple by not releasing the future Premiere on Mac from then.

Btw, I use Sony Vegas the most now. It is amazingly simple yet powerful editing system. IMHO, Vegas is better than FCP, Premiere and Avid. :thumbsup:

now, that's something new... FCP was a Macromedia product, bought by Apple.

oeyvind said:
Ahaaa, FCP aka Keygrip is not even a finished product when Apple bought it. Final Cut Pro was named after Apple bought it. :bsmilie:

maybe its just me, but I also find a PC quicker to work with. I can't find equivalents for a lot of the shortcuts that I'm used to in windows PS in the Mac version of PS.

Hommie said:
Well, it doesn't help with Apple overhauling and totally changing it architecture twice in the last 4 years (MacOS X was released in Mar 2001). OS 9 -> OSX is a hugh one in programming; some companies (like MS and Adobe) have not fully migrated yet as it is a complicated (risky as well as expensive and timeconsuming) task to rewrite the code totally. Now, PPC -> x86. Who wants to invest $$$ so much when Apple keep pulling the rug out under them ?:sweat:

Furthermore, compatability is an issue. I can run some DOS programs written before some of you here can talk. Mac? :rolleyes: I'm betting that I can run Photoshop 3 on Vista... ;)

FYI, DOS 2.2, DeskQView, Apple II original and NEC 8008 machines are the first computers in the various platform.

maddog said:
How do I avoid getting prompted by Mac OS to key in credentials everytime I perform an admin task? It's freaking annoying.
It's not. It's a good feature. I purposely enabled everything to prompt me for the admin password prior to changes. On my UNIX machines, logged in as an ordinary user, it gives good security.

If you do not want them to prompt, you can turn it off under User Accounts under Preferences Pane.

oeyvind said:
It requires at least 30GB of space to install, if I don't have an 80GB and/or 100GB HDD, I can really forget about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.