I hate Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMC said:
Well MS need to depend on Apple for ideas. win win for both sides.
Expose + dashboard would be very good ideas :sticktong

What's the command equivalent to alt-tab in Win for Firefox browser windows. Seems like can only switch between apps in Mac.

madmacs said:
referring to the patent?
it is the patented technology. well anyway this post seems to attract more Mad's followers:bsmilie:

maddog said:
What's the command equivalent to alt-tab in Win for Firefox browser windows. Seems like can only switch between apps in Mac.
It's ctrl-tab for FireFox.

jopel said:
it is the patented technology. well anyway this post seems to attract more Mad's followers:bsmilie:

its ok..dun be jealous. we entertain you another time :sweatsm:

Klose said:
Speaking abt this, i hate linux too :bsmilie: no doubt i m proficient in its use but imho i dont think it's worth wasting time on when it comes to troubleshooting. User base forums normally reply with RTFFAQ when you ask for help. That's the sad case maybe those ppl need some social life :bsmilie: Windows is very much idiot friendly. :bsmilie:

Hmmmm... Linux help that bad meh? I always go IRC.... excellent source of help leh.....

maddog said:
I have a G4 laptop and a dual processor, 1 GB RAM G5 workstation at work. They are equally slow. I don't feel the G5 being significantly faster. In fact I can't tell the difference.

Quick sell to me cheap la;)

TMC said:

Well, let uncle tell you all a story....

Long long time ago in the days of DOS there was no windows. Then Xerox had a strong R&D team, employed a bunch of geeks to envision what the future office will be like. (Xerox was into office automation - photocopy machines etc). Basically, they set up a very conducive environment for them to R&D... so they came up with cool stuff like windows and also WISIWIG (what you see is what you get). And so in those ancient days, the mouse, windows, wsiwig fonts, drag & drop was born....

But when the geeks presented to Xerox Mgt, it did not generate an interest. They cannot see the future! So they just put these inventions aside as a showcase and did not develop them further. But they opened them up for visitors.

So Steve Jobs visited Xerox to check it out. ANd the mgt even asked its scientist to show Steve all the stuff. And the young man saw the potential. That's when the Mac was envisioned. But all they were good at Apple then was OS. No compelling software. And so he approached Bill Gates to work on stuff like Word and Paint for Mac. Why? Coz their common rival then was IBM (remember IBM PC ATs?)

Unbeknownst to Steve, when Bill saw the Mac OS and all the ideas it was supposed to do, he decided that MS should have it too. And Bill was co-developing on Mac! Anyways, when Mac was launched to the world, Bill was also on the panel of guest. Hehehee!

And of course by then Xerox went "Douh!!!!"
;p

Then when Bill came up with Win95, Steve went "Douh!!!"
:bsmilie:

Ok, lah shortened version for all of you....
Mac is good. So is XP. Unless you clog both...;p

TMC said:

Apple depends on Unix for security and filesystem. It also depends on OpenGL for Graphics, and Xerox for the mouse.

Tiger sucks. So fast 10.2++ liao. I get updates more frequently than Windows. :devil:

Have you guys tried copying large file from server1 to server2??

Safari is a joke of a browser. Luckily there's firefox to save the day.

madmacs said:
how long have you been using the mac? give yourself a bit more time to get used to it :)

what do you mean when you say "one slow click and drag at a time"?
Do I have to reveal my age and experience again?? :embrass: :bsmilie:

Zplus said:
Well, let uncle tell you all a story....

Long long time ago in the days of DOS there was no windows. Then Xerox had a strong R&D team, employed a bunch of geeks to envision what the future office will be like. (Xerox was into office automation - photocopy machines etc). Basically, they set up a very conducive environment for them to R&D... so they came up with cool stuff like windows and also WISIWIG (what you see is what you get). And so in those ancient days, the mouse, windows, wsiwig fonts, drag & drop was born....

And of course by then Xerox went "Douh!!!!" ;p

Then when Bill came up with Win95, Steve went "Douh!!!" :bsmilie:

Ok, lah shortened version for all of you....
Mac is good. So is XP. Unless you clog both...;p
Apple paid a undisclose amount of money to Xerox to settle the lawsuit from them to claim that window(the GUI) was invented by Apple themselves.

Hommie said:
Do I have to reveal my age and experience again?? :embrass: :bsmilie:

er..i never ask you mah...unless maddog is your other nick :bsmilie:

madmacs said:
er..i never ask you mah...unless maddog is your other nick :bsmilie:
And yours' is ESPN? :bsmilie:

maddog said:
Tiger sucks. So fast 10.2++ liao. I get updates more frequently than Windows. :devil:

Have you guys tried copying large file from server1 to server2??

Safari is a joke of a browser. Luckily there's firefox to save the day.

cos you never run windows update? :think:

dunno..i find safari ok. i use firefox as a backup but dun need to use for quite sometime liao.

Hommie said:
Apple paid a undisclose amount of money to Xerox to settle the lawsuit from them to claim that window(the GUI) was invented by Apple themselves.

HAhaa! MOney makes the world go round.... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.