How to remote trigger multiple dumb flashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
In the case of a single flash, we can use a cable to link the hotshoe to the flash, or a pc sync cable to do the same.

However, suppose I have 2 or 3 dumb flashes which must be triggered by the hotshoe. How do I rig my camera to do this, and what equipment do I need? Is there any cable solution? I think that'd be cheaper than wireless.

If your master flash is an analog unit, or you can disable the digital pre-flash, you can esasily go wireless with optical slaves. Alternatively, there are digital ready optical slaves available.

for shoot multiple flash units set up with manual mode.

if you want to use connect by wire only, will need a multiple socket for connecting all the pc sycn cables together, this thing cathy has it, brand I think is UN, and you need one cable and a hotshoe adapter with a pc sycn connection for each flash (if your flash do not have a pc sycn port), total set up is very costly.

but if you use a optical slave (hotshoe with slave) option, it will be cheaper and more convenient then wire all flash unit with pc sync cords.

I see. I have 3 flashes that must be triggered by the hotshoe.

Is it possible to have one trigger attached to my camera hotshoe remote triggering 3 separate receivers, each attached to a flash? I've never done this before so was just wondering if it's possible before I source for the equipment.

Basically, I want to recreate the typical 3-point lighting (key, fill, back light) using these flashes.

I see. I have 3 flashes that must be triggered by the hotshoe.

Is it possible to have one trigger attached to my camera hotshoe remote triggering 3 separate receivers, each attached to a flash? I've never done this before so was just wondering if it's possible before I source for the equipment.

Basically, I want to recreate the typical 3-point lighting (key, fill, back light) using these flashes.
very simple.
get one radio wireless trigger, transmitter at your camera, receiver at your key light, the other two use hotshoe optical slave.

btw, you can replace the radio wireless trigger with pc sync cable, if you doing this, connect the cable to the nearest flash instead (mostly is the flash use for fill light)

Status
Not open for further replies.