How to make a reflector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgbyte77

Mar 27, 2005
Singapore
I read a lot about how easy it is to make a reflector but any recommendation how to make a portable reflector? I normally buy a big white sheet of paper from Popular bookstore but the biggest size (A3) is just good enough for still shots and macros. Also, I feel like a jedi knight when I carry this in the bus so is there a foldable reflector I can make like those car shades?

Since I'm new to this, I may not know what I'm talking about so "politely" correct me if you think that is necessary. ;)

well my way is

1) buy those circular foldable car shades
2)buy silver cloth from Spotlight or any textile stores
3)buy gold cloth from Spotlight or any textile stores
4)cut both to size
5) sew them by hand inside out leaving a gap so that you can squeeze the car shade in
6)turn then inside,squeeze in car shade..

DOne! cost: <$10 :)

Wow. Reply so fast! Great manz! Thanks. Going shopping tonight. :)

Astin said:
Buy a magazine.

Magazine about reflector or magazine as reflector? Isn't that small? Anyway, that's my next experimental project. All about reflectors and shadows.

Buy a glossy magazine, ask the model to hold the magazine under her chin, the glossy mag will act as reflector and bounce the light up to the face. That is proivded you are shooting face shot or head and shoulder shot.

If you want to shoot full length, ask the model to stand next to a white wall, near a ceramic table, on sandy beach or water, all these are natural reflectors.

magazine is too small la
juz get a silver car windscreen cover or something...those can be folded up too ya...

cheers....

Status
Not open for further replies.