HOw to boost GSM Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

garytanbw

Apr 4, 2004
Hey, I am working in a hard sheltered building. The problem is that I found a sweet spot in the building which can receive hp signal. But it is quite a distance from my desk, Is there a way to tap the signal to my desk area? Any advise on this? is that a product that meant for this purpose? A repeater or something? Pls advise...

Agree with +Evenstar. you can ask the building management to get the respective service provider to install booster inside the building but that will depends on the number of users in the specific location.

isn't there a way not to involve management? haha..... That will involve cost and sure kenna gun down..... Any low cost method?

isn't there a way not to involve management? haha..... That will involve cost and sure kenna gun down..... Any low cost method?

I think almost all commercial buildings have handphone signal boosters and the handphone companies does the installation for free. They might even need to pay the building's management for installng the antennas on the roof. The signal boosters are everywhere, even inside the toilets, M1, Starhub, Singtel, all located close to each other.

Last edited:
Can I just ask what might be the reasons for the only spot in the center of the room to have reception? Does wires help?

Status
Not open for further replies.