how many people use MF lens on canon DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, is it possible to use nikon DX lenses on a 5D? is there enough clearance for the mirror in the 5D?

yeah.... dx lenses don't have a part protuding out of the back..... unlike ef-s lenses.... there's gonna be lots of vignetting though

great, thanks. so basically can i safely say that only EF-S lenses cannot be mounted on a FF camera?

come to think of it, kinda ironic isn't it.

imagine a 10.5 fisheye on a 5D. wow i'm going to try that!

EF-S and DX can not be used on FF, not the ass problem, it is the dark ring on the picture, awful and sick...

most EF-S and DX lense MTF also not good as FF lense, also not sharp at all unless u always prefer F8-F11

PQ23 sell AF chip adaptor at reasonable price in our forum, it come with ETTL...

AF chip not only to help u get focus confirmation signal, but also cheat CMOS and its DIGIC engineer ready to react at its best performance. it is vigo for DSLR....

The chip that he's selling is a convertor for which mount?

Also, how do you know that the chip will actually trick the CMOS and DIGIC chip to "react at its best performance" as you keep saying? Do you have any proof on this?

you do have a point there... heh heh. i will keep a look out for it. the angmohs in New York all very high-class and use L lenses...hard to find 3rd party lenses. haha

Try looking for the Peleng 8mm. It's a circular FE available natively in M42 mount, but there are tons in the market that have their mounts adapted to EF mount for you.

Review here

Try looking for the Peleng 8mm. It's a circular FE available natively in M42 mount, but there are tons in the market that have their mounts adapted to EF mount for you.

Review here

good lens... not cheap though.... 400+

proof? proof is the image quality, try it if you have chip.

for medium format on 5D, I highly recommd Petacon 6TL carl zeiss jena medium format and Pentax 645/67 lense...

contax 645 lense can be used also, it has AF at USM! (just need small modification)

proof? proof is the image quality, try it if you have chip.

for medium format on 5D, I highly recommd Petacon 6TL carl zeiss jena medium format and Pentax 645/67 lense...

contax 645 lense can be used also, it has AF at USM! (just need small modification)

Thanks for the tips. Contax 645 lense with modified chip? How?
See I can borrow the lens from my club. :)

contax 645 and contax N AF lenses little bit different, they need special chip mount from Canada...check with Weekh, he has experience.

may i know the yc zeiss 18mm can use in canon 5d body?

21/2.8 can, but 18/4 need cut ass... can fit 1DSMK3, new FF use deep "throat" by the request of too many MF users...

I'm also using MIR-20M with canon 40D. Looking for Zeiss 35/24. Does anyone has a spare?

zeiss 35/2.8 and leica 35/2.8 will better, zeiss 35/2.4 anti-flare is terrible.:)

Hi,

I have a contax zeiss 100f2.8macro, used it on 40D. Very good macro lens but not able to focus at infinity even when turn to max, at infinity position. Can it be rectified?Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a contax zeiss 100f2.8macro, used it on 40D. Very good macro lens but not able to focus at infinity even when turn to max, at infinity position. Can it be rectified?Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Most likely is adapter problem... ie adapter too thick

Normally when i'm out shopping for adapters i'll bring the shortest lens i have to try.... sometimes longer lenses can focus to infinity but shorter ones can't... if you've used extension tubes before you'll know what i mean....

Status
Not open for further replies.