How insensitive can pp be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
centuryegg said:
Just one line.... survival of the fittest.

Neh. From this thread it seems more like "survival of the nastiest" or "nice guys finish last".

i guess me and my friend was very lucky not to get any incidents like wat the TS had. but i also had enough of the crowds at the bridge. moving somewhere else for fri/sat fireworks

First off, as a photographer who wants a good spot, nothing beats being early. If you ever cover an event officially, it pays to recce the spot first and go down really early for your spot. Especially so if you expect the area to be crowded.

In this case, to be fair, the guy with kid has a right to stand up. Even put his kid on his shoulder. Just like you have a right to setup a tripod and block anyone behind you.

Most of the photographers I spoke to who had the spots at the railings were there as early as 2pm. Whether they took leave or whatever is moot. To them, the shot was impt enough to be early to get a spot.

Myself was there at 6pm and got a spot on the bush area. I was nice and friendly to public folks around me and of course they returned in kind by not blocking my shot. I asked them to stand first so that I could adjust my shot.

I saw some photogs coming in at around 8pm looking for a spot but of course by that time it was crowded... (saw garion ambling around too.... SGT Garion... never see me??:))

Anyway, the point is, I find it kinda immature to blame the general public becoz a good spot cant be found. ;p

Worst! To suggest t-shirts with "Code of Conduct".

After the fireworks died down, a senior photog came by (he came late and was blocked) and asked how early I came down to get the spot. I told him around 6pm and those in front came between 2 to 5pm. He said he would be there at 4pm, taking 1/2 a day off from work on friday to catch this. I think he has the right attitude. ;)

Maybe the T-shirt should say:
"I vow to be early or miss my shot...":bsmilie:

No offence guys, just feel that some reality should be injected in this thread...

Zplus said:
First off, as a photographer who wants a good spot, nothing beats being early. If you ever cover an event officially, it pays to recce the spot first and go down really early for your spot. Especially so if you expect the area to be crowded.

In this case, to be fair, the guy with kid has a right to stand up. Even put his kid on his shoulder. Just like you have a right to setup a tripod and block anyone behind you.

Most of the photographers I spoke to who had the spots at the railings were there as early as 2pm. Whether they took leave or whatever is moot. To them, the shot was impt enough to be early to get a spot.

Myself was there at 6pm and got a spot on the bush area. I was nice and friendly to public folks around me and of course they returned in kind by not blocking my shot. I asked them to stand first so that I could adjust my shot.

I saw some photogs coming in at around 8pm looking for a spot but of course by that time it was crowded... (saw garion ambling around too.... SGT Garion... never see me??:))

Anyway, the point is, I find it kinda immature to blame the general public becoz a good spot cant be found. ;p

Worst! To suggest t-shirts with "Code of Conduct".

After the fireworks died down, a senior photog came by (he came late and was blocked) and asked how early I came down to get the spot. I told him around 6pm and those in front came between 2 to 5pm. He said he would be there at 4pm, taking 1/2 a day off from work on friday to catch this. I think he has the right attitude. ;)

Maybe the T-shirt should say:
"I vow to be early or miss my shot...":bsmilie:

No offence guys, just feel that some reality should be injected in this thread...
:thumbsup: just be there early!!!!

cya guys today!!! 2PM!!!!!

so sad..i go straight after lunch..haha

anyone wanta join me?

hASHbrown_kopitiam said:
Wahh....then i oso want to go during lunch...
then move my office computer there to work...outdoor office

think your boss also will shift your pigeon hole beside you, then ask speedpost to send u your termination letter... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ho mia leh, mian zho gang... rich ppl ju si rich ppl... :sweatsm:

haro..u yr boss yrself ley..

u coming?
:dunno:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think your boss also will shift your pigeon hole beside you, then ask speedpost to send u your termination letter... :bsmilie:

u r so evil
:sticktong

If come late, no good location to shoot, can't blame other people. But hate people who jump queue when come late and block other people's view ;(

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ho mia leh, mian zho gang... rich ppl ju si rich ppl... :sweatsm:
Ya loh, still have to work full time, finish work then can go.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

I dun think he will spend money to send thru Speedpost, he will ask e office courier to send to me...cheap cheap de.

:dunno: Wonder if put tripod there, but person not around. Will ppl take away ur tripod...?:dunno:

zcf said:
If come late, no good location to shoot, can't blame other people. But hate people who jump queue when come late and block other people's view ;(

Ya loh, still have to work full time, finish work then can go.

Ya, remember few times was damn early, then still ppl come late, then just setup tripod beside your group, then u squeeze abit, then on came ppl jaming together later... sianz...

esp hate those use hp take fireworks 1, then have to raise their hands up to take pic, spoil my pics... waited sometimes 4 or 5 hours just for that shot, and somebody have to mess it up... pissed...

You guys should pool your money together and book a hotel room facing the river and have your own unobstructed fireworks shoot.

Or just Google for Fireworks. To me; you've seen one you seen them all. :bsmilie:

Myfz1 said:
You guys should pool your money together and book a hotel room facing the river and have your own unobstructed fireworks shoot.

Or just Google for Fireworks. To me; you've seen one you seen them all. :bsmilie:

pay more nearer to window, pay lesser stand behind... then spend money buy super big circular polariser... :sweatsm:

hASHbrown_kopitiam said:
I dun think he will spend money to send thru Speedpost, he will ask e office courier to send to me...cheap cheap de.

:dunno: Wonder if put tripod there, but person not around. Will ppl take away ur tripod...?:dunno:

tie it with lock & chain... but no gurantee if they kapo your expensive ball head anot...

Aiya. Today last minute got urgent meeting at 7pm. Sian. Cannot shoot liao. Tomorrow also got shoot. H:cry: No more fireworks liao.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
esp hate those use hp take fireworks 1, then have to raise their hands up to take pic, spoil my pics... waited sometimes 4 or 5 hours just for that shot, and somebody have to mess it up... pissed...

If lift fully extended tripod up then no one can lift hands taller than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.