How insensitive can pp be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt go this year (yet) but last Chinese new year fireworks was okay. However, I recall last national day fireworks there are some 'considerate' idiots who at the last minute when the fireworks start would rush out from their seats and place their body in front of my lens. Out of desperation, I have to put the cam overhead hoping I could get something. the results are predictable. Framing wrong and the usual camera shake. :angry:

Sometimes I wonder if its okay for me to push this people down the river, perhaps they will get a better unobstructed view there. Another solution is to wish someone invent special clothes that make Singaporeans transparent aka.. the invisible man. :rolleyes:

hanafi said:
i didnt go this year (yet) but last Chinese new year fireworks was okay. However, I recall last national day fireworks there are some 'considerate' idiots who at the last minute when the fireworks start would rush out from their seats and place their body in front of my lens. Out of desperation, I have to put the cam overhead hoping I could get something. the results are predictable. Framing wrong and the usual camera shake. :angry:

Sometimes I wonder if its okay for me to push this people down the river, perhaps they will get a better unobstructed view there. Another solution is to wish someone invent special clothes that make Singaporeans transparent aka.. the invisible man. :rolleyes:

Eating glass helps... but have to start from young, i'm too old to start, and i think the price would be too expensive for my kids in future... :bsmilie:

Not so bad lah... depression. Another guy who was there with his chick came up and toked **** around. Cos he was standing beside me and I was using a 12-24 so I told him to extend his hand and when I realised that his hand could be in my frame, I juz smiled and asked him if its ok with him if he dun extend his hand cos there's no way I could avoid putting his hand into the frame.

Another photographer asked me abt tripod, apparently he did not have one with his 350D.

Oh well, u meet nice and nasty ppl. Guess u're damn SWAY man.

do urself a big favour if u're really into shooting fireworks by turning up early. some CSer turned up as early as 2pm to secure good spots. u knw who u r! :bsmilie: i've no problem with that as long as u arrived early. it shows tat u're committed and serious abt fireworks photography.:thumbsup:

take leave or mc or simply dun turn up for work and book a good spot and turn nasty when some pea brain fools try to cut ur jelly.:thumbsup:

so if u turn up late and expect a good spot, gracious ppl and trouble-free on-lookers, good luck to u.

go there early, book a spot and be fierce to anyone who tries to be funny with ur little breathing space. they could damage ur million dollar fireworks photography!

they do not know creativity needs space.:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Alamak friend, you mean you didnt know such things will happen? This is the real Singapore man. Where have you been? Hehe.. Just kidding. I gave up shooting fireworks and I'd rather enjoy the view. Too many people in one spot makes me go nutz. Next time, its better if you go in groups.

So sorry to hear that....well they only thing I can do for you is to curse that fella....
"#@!$#@$$@%#^"

But don't worry though, I guess these people can't shoot anything great anyway since they are so narrow and impatient :sweatsm:

hazmee said:
Alamak friend, you mean you didnt know such things will happen? This is the real Singapore man. Where have you been? Hehe.. Just kidding. I gave up shooting fireworks and I'd rather enjoy the view. Too many people in one spot makes me go nutz. Next time, its better if you go in groups.

Ok, give you a good tip....go to the empty field beyond the new NTUC building...it's a little paradise....you will be greeted by a view like this..

dsc0947ka9.jpg

dsc0952em6.jpg

dsc0957ci9.jpg

Ooops....I might have more competitor for good spot tomorrow night :lovegrin:

Just one line.... survival of the fittest.

Cheesecake said:
do urself a big favour if u're really into shooting fireworks by turning up early. some CSer turned up as early as 2pm to secure good spots. u knw who u r! :bsmilie: i've no problem with that as long as u arrived early. it shows tat u're committed and serious abt fireworks photography.:thumbsup:

take leave or mc or simply dun turn up for work and book a good spot and turn nasty when some pea brain fools try to cut ur jelly.:thumbsup:

so if u turn up late and expect a good spot, gracious ppl and trouble-free on-lookers, good luck to u.

go there early, book a spot and be fierce to anyone who tries to be funny with ur little breathing space. they could damage ur million dollar fireworks photography!

they do not know creativity needs space.:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

I wanted to turn up early like 5 pm but my wife and children also wanted to follow loh. Must wait for them to makan and so on. End up like that loh. I told my wife, this Friday no way she is following me.

Big Kahuna said:
Ok, give you a good tip....go to the empty field beyond the new NTUC building...it's a little paradise....you will be greeted by a view like this..

dsc0947ka9.jpg

dsc0952em6.jpg

dsc0957ci9.jpg

I love the first pic. Angle is very different from usual angles

CreaXion said:
I wanted to turn up early like 5 pm but my wife and children also wanted to follow loh. Must wait for them to makan and so on. End up like that loh. I told my wife, this Friday no way she is following me.
5pm! tas too late!:bsmilie:

haf fun this friday! turn up earlier!

Big Kahuna said:

dsc0947ka9.jpg

dsc0952em6.jpg

dsc0957ci9.jpg

Haha, I shoot from there last tuesday also.
PICT0242-02copy.jpg

Such people are always around. Since there seems to be more shooting chances, why obther with them? Go and shoot again!

imagine..a post by a layman, or normal citizen..

'i was quite pissed off yesterday, when i went to see fireworks with my friends happily, and then whenever we stand, some people keep on telling us they need to take photo and ask us to move away, and they use their tripod and huge equipment to clear space like they have the rights more than me. it is sad they just go anyway whenever there is an event, can't they just look up and enjoy the fireworks? or can't they just go to higher place that they won't obstruct people?'

come on, be fair... ha.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm.. if it takes these campaign to get it to work, and yet u guys are complaining, then i think its not working...

either we're too gracious, or there is a hell lot of room for improvement... are photographers gracious, or we are deceiving ourselves...

The people of Singapore are by and large gracious. Only some of them like to block photographers. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
The people of Singapore are by and large gracious. Only some of them like to block photographers. :bsmilie:

hmm, so u mean its actually an activity or hobby instead of the ungraciousness... :think:

Next time someone on CS shall sell shirts with prints in bold saying "I'm taking photos. If u r human, pls dun block me." or "U think u eat glass is it?" or "Don't block me or i'll embarrase u infront of everyone."

Any prints of similar message can be done. Shirts will sell like hot cakes. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.