How do you store your unused paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glt

Feb 24, 2004
Friends,

I'm still new to the darkroom and i have question regarding paper.

What is an acceptable way to store my unexposed paper? I heard that i ideally it should be in the drybox and should be used within 3 months or so. Is this true? Anyone has experience keeping out of the dry box?

Reason i ask is that i just bought 16x12 which won't fit into the drybox, so i'm wondering how "dangerous" it is.

glt said:
Friends,

I'm still new to the darkroom and i have question regarding paper.

What is an acceptable way to store my unexposed paper? I heard that i ideally it should be in the drybox and should be used within 3 months or so. Is this true? Anyone has experience keeping out of the dry box?

Reason i ask is that i just bought 16x12 which won't fit into the drybox, so i'm wondering how "dangerous" it is.

glt,

ideally, they should be refrigerated when stored. Yes small packets you can put in the fridge, but big ones like you have is a big headache. Actually I had a pack of unused paper that was kept in the fridge for 20 years, being passed from one fridge to another, and just recently, I found it and took it out to test; it still worked perfectly!!

Big sheets I believe will still have to be kept dry and cool, in an air-con room if you have access to. Bring it to the office and keep it there.

There is a chance that it will fog up, if you store it in a warm and humid environment.

Left it in the closet for 2 years. Had just took out and used..NO problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.