How do you store & take care your equipments on a holiday trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than that, nothing else to worry, just don't forget your warm gloves.

Agree on this. Need a warm gloves that can still allow your finger move like you are not wearing a glove. some warm gloves are too thick, thus makes you difficult to adjust the camera's setting efficiently.

Hi thanks for pointing out i almost left out :)

If in a cold country other than warm the batt, how about the body and the lens any special care to be take note of?

I will be heading to aus somewhere beside brisbane this nov for a 2 weeks trip and im not sure about the humidity and the weather over there =/

Brisbane in Nov is bloody hot with low humidity. Just don't take the cam to the surf and you'll be right, MATE!

is it possible to bring silicon gel up the plane?

is it possible to bring silicon gel up the plane?

Not worth the trouble, can result in unnecessary delay, why not check-in in your luggage?

At other airports, sometimes I saw travellers being asked to removed their shoes and belts for scanning.

Brisbane in Nov is bloody hot with low humidity. Just don't take the cam to the surf and you'll be right, MATE!

oh ic.. thanks. i seldom travel so wont know the humidity of the country im heading haha

Yes i think. Must be less than 100ml.

According to the regulation.

yup limited to 100ml for liquid. best is put everything to check-in instead of handcarry

This is a really funny thread. But yes, ensuring your equipment is safe during the trip is essential. Remember to carry your camera bag on board the plane, as I have a friend who checked in his entire gear, and only to find the bag later at the pick-up belt. It happens man. Lens, flash, body and CF cards all gone.

What a "great" way to start a travel huh.

A pack of a pack of silica gel is good out door. If staying in hotel, leave the bag open. In air con room not so moist.

1 good practice is to clean the lenses and filters before each bedtime. I would usually blow and do a dry wipe on each of them to avoid dust (and stain) buildups. Take me no more than 10 mins for 3-4 lenses.

As for the cam body, I will do a sensor clean every 3-5 days, depending on frequency of lens change. In addition, beware of dust buildups in areas that we usually overlook, eg CF card compartment.

Really, there are some simple habits that will go a long way in maintaining your equipment in prime condition during such trips... Always keep your cam bags closed; change lenses in a relatively clean environment; try not to leave equipment anywhere else other than its designated slot in your bag; etc...

Hi thanks for pointing out i almost left out :)

If in a cold country other than warm the batt, how about the body and the lens any special care to be take note of?
=/

Not sure if anyone else encountered this, but something to note is, when there is a small droplet of water (especially saliva) on the lens surface, it is almost impossible to rid in winter temperature. It apparently freezes and gels to the lens like a crystal... if you try too hard to remove, you might damage the coating.

Best thing is kwai-kwai wait till you are in a warmer environment before trying to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.