High ISO Noise: Questions & Observations

why stop yourself at full frame cameras? get a hassleblad. you can pixel peep the 39 megapixel image and jizz in your pants more frequently. :bsmilie:

Isn't that max ISO of 400? ;)

What Agetan said was very true... Photography and music are two similar things. I play electric guitar and people had been telling me that the gears don't matter, the tone is in the fingers. I didn't get it at first but after playing for several years, I finally got it. You may not be able to understand such a statement immediately but as time passes by, you should be able to get it. It is just something that comes naturally.

Woah.. been away on a shoot for the past 2 days and am surprised when I came back to check this thread.

I opened this thread for some friendly discussion. To discuss about ISO noise issues and what people felt about it. And also to discuss Sony's development with their cameras with regards to this issue..

Firstly, tarandip.. that was uncalled for. Agetan was just giving some advise from experience. He didnt attack anyone. Asking him about who he is to dictate waht is photography was quite rude.

So please guys. Lets keep this a clean fight. No hitting below the belt. Everyone has their point of view, which should be respected. If you want to comment on someones POV, please do, but remember to be respectful and mindful.

Another thing I want to elaborate. with regards to this thread.

I admit I am a bit of a pixel peeper. I mean I dont mind noise. In a BnW, noise is great. In colour it can be acceptable to a point. In colour, noise i feel stands out more.

I feel that my A700 at ISO 800 is a bit too noisy. I would just like to have it a bit more noise free...so to see noise coming in at around 1600 i think is acceptable.

My pro friends who use canon and nikon tell me Sony lacks in this area. So to see Sony's development in this area is good. It will put them on a more equal footing with canon and nikon.

just my 2 cents.

I am still a newbie to photography, so forgive me for pixel peeping. I do not pixel peep into my day shots as i now nothing to peep there. I do not peep into my night shots as I mainly use a tripod with a low ISO , so still nothing to peep(much anyway). I only peep when I do night interior shots when I can use a flash.

And anyway, I am a videographer by profession and I just want to do photography to relieve stress. I like going around Singapore and finding things to snap.

good for you, whatever floats your boat. thankfully i have a mind, so i'm entitled to think and voice out what i feel about your statements.

what's so hard about buying an expensive dslr? picture peepers don't really need to be consoled.. a camera is a relatively small ticket item. believe me, most people on clubsnap could probably get the top of the crop cameras and lenses - at most just BBB with credit card and PPP (pay pay pay) later.. :) not as if it's a huge house, or a ferrari, which would be a different story. 10K, 20K is nothing in the world of consumerism today. so the pixel peepers who think that the picture peepers need consolation are just fooling themselves. you can't pay any amount of money to take a great picture. but you can always throw money into high end cameras, get cleaner images, and pat yourself on the back with the lack of noise. :bsmilie:

why stop yourself at full frame cameras? get a hassleblad. you can pixel peep the 39 megapixel image and jizz in your pants more frequently. :bsmilie:

i guess to some, photography is more of a camera-totting, magnifying glass wielding deal than actually taking good pictures. but as you say, eye of the beholder, eh? messy, cluttered and noise-free photos, every pixel peeper's favourite, can examine the detail closely. :bsmilie:

More detail the better , anyways a900 is extremely value for money,

Woah.. been away on a shoot for the past 2 days and am surprised when I came back to check this thread.

I opened this thread for some friendly discussion. To discuss about ISO noise issues and what people felt about it. And also to discuss Sony's development with their cameras with regards to this issue..

Firstly, tarandip.. that was uncalled for. Agetan was just giving some advise from experience. He didnt attack anyone. Asking him about who he is to dictate waht is photography was quite rude.

So please guys. Lets keep this a clean fight. No hitting below the belt. Everyone has their point of view, which should be respected. If you want to comment on someones POV, please do, but remember to be respectful and mindful.

I'm tired of these people who telling me what is good photography and what is not. People photograph things for their own reasons, some for personal reasons , some for documenting events/history etc. Some try to pass it off as art etc, but that's their own thing. Good photography is about taking photographs that you are happy with and you find worth keeping to me. Thats all i meant. Anyways i apologize if i came accross as rude in that particular post, definitely not my intention.

And anyway, I am a videographer by profession and I just want to do photography to relieve stress. I like going around Singapore and finding things to snap.

any good places in sg to share share? haha...

any good places in sg to share share? haha...

I just started this thing about going around singapore to shoot.. we just do a lesiure shoot.. started last month.. my schedule is so packed that we do this only once a month... I liked Seletar camp becoz of the old buildings.... and Oh yes I like Industrial areas.. like Kranji industrial area.. sometimes got those old scrap cars stacked on top of each other... Another area I havent really got a time to properly check out is the Antenna farm near Lim chu kang area.

Yesterday we were supposed to have our 2nd lesiure shoot but I had to cancel as I was ona corporate video shoot. BUT the good thing was I found a new place.. We were shooting at Club street and Ann Siang hill area. alot of old buildings.. so as soon as I can reschedule I am heading out there... There is also this old building that was built in 1891 there... its been painted and all.. but it is beautiful.