Hi! I need help and advice regarding photoshoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlakedaemon

Jul 14, 2004
North East
Hi...thank you for dropping in to take a look into this thread...Not too sure if this is the place to post this thread, but since i am a newbie, I guess its okay. ;p (sorry moderators if i made a mistake)
I am helping my friend to do a photoshoot in Singapore. It is for his school project and we need to take lots of photos about interesting and nice and even beautiful places in Singapore. The thing is there are some photos shots that I would to take of a paranomic and a wide view of Singapore's skylines, buildings and even the river both day and night like near the Esplande, Boat Quay and Singapore River. And this would inevitably would require me to be at a much higher plane. I was wondering :think: how do photographers ever get permission to go up to the tall buildings and even the roofs of these building to take such shots. Do you need some special permission or approval? Or should my friend get a written letter from his school? Would greatly appreciate any contribution. :D

xlakedaemon said:
Hi...thank you for dropping in to take a look into this thread...Not too sure if this is the place to post this thread, but since i am a newbie, I guess its okay. ;p (sorry moderators if i made a mistake)
I am helping my friend to do a photoshoot in Singapore. It is for his school project and we need to take lots of photos about interesting and nice and even beautiful places in Singapore. The thing is there are some photos shots that I would to take of a paranomic and a wide view of Singapore's skylines, buildings and even the river both day and night like near the Esplande, Boat Quay and Singapore River. And this would inevitably would require me to be at a much higher plane. I was wondering :think: how do photographers ever get permission to go up to the tall buildings and even the roofs of these building to take such shots. Do you need some special permission or approval? Or should my friend get a written letter from his school? Would greatly appreciate any contribution. :D

:confused: not sure about the permission though, but you can got to the 37th floor in UOB building. There is a viewing gallery there, saw a lot of people there. Maybe need to hide your triport and camera. But will need to get the filter for shooting through the glass panel.
;)

think there was a similar thread posted a few months ago. anyway, i think its best to get an official letter from the school abt the purpose of shooting. with 9/11 and all the terrorist threats, some commerical buildings might not take it too well if u suddenly whip out your cams and tripods and start shooting.

oh yes, u do need a special filter to cut the glare from the glass windows. else, u have to press ur lens agst the windows to shoot. another place, i dun know whether can or not, is to go up to the helicopter roof of westin stamford. excellent view of the city. on a clear day, u can see all the way out to bukit timah. think u can try writing in. my wife and i went up there during last years nat day to watch the fireworks.

Okay...thanks :D
But what is the filter that I need in order to take a picture through windows...? And maybe any other recommendations? ;p

xlakedaemon said:
Okay...thanks :D
But what is the filter that I need in order to take a picture through windows...? And maybe any other recommendations? ;p

It's a circular polariser, and is used to cut down reflections. :D

coldman said:
:confused: not sure about the permission though, but you can got to the 37th floor in UOB building. There is a viewing gallery there, saw a lot of people there. Maybe need to hide your triport and camera. But will need to get the filter for shooting through the glass panel.
;)

040506c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.