HELP: Problem in formatting SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybaokong

Jan 10, 2007
Hi all,

I'm trying to format my SD card, however i encountered the following error when formatting.

"The card is write protected. Remove write protection."

The card is not locked.

So what should I do now? Need to format the card cos i need to use it tomorrow..

Thanks all in advance for your help!

JBK

i came across this problem before so this whats happen.

1.my card reader not compact to the PC as i need to but another SDHC card reader then my PC would not say write portected.

2.the Card was lock so i unlock it then ok .

but sorry you format in to PC or Camera :dunno:

Hi all,

I'm trying to format my SD card, however i encountered the following error when formatting.

"The card is write protected. Remove write protection."

The card is not locked.

So what should I do now? Need to format the card cos i need to use it tomorrow..

Thanks all in advance for your help!

JBK

There might be a problem with your card reader (if you are using one). The contact in the card reader that sense the write protect is having issues.
Try your SD card on another card reader.

hi all..

thanks for your response.. as I do not have another card reader with me, so i dont have a choice but to reformat it thru my cam..as i need the card for tomorrow..

will try getting another card-reader to try out.

thanks all for your help!

For my case is when I first load in the SDHC card to my D90 I format it. Then after few shots I take out put in card reader and want to delete from my pc, but it prompt "The card is write protected. Remove write protection." actually no matter I push it to lock or unlock on the card it still give me this message. But funny is I can delete pic direct reading from my camera.

Anyway, now everything turn ok (I also dont know how) I can delete pic either direct from camera or thru pc using card reader. No more that message will pop up.

Please check the slider on your SD card's write protect selector. Some cards, including one of mine, can be so loose, that when you push in the card, it rubs againsts the card cot's side and "write-protects" the card, and when you remove it resets the card and leave you wondering what happened. On the other hand, the card can be faulty, memory cards do wear out and they can become corrupted. In all, if such things happen, throw the card, or claim warranty. You deserve better when cards are so affordable nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.