How do I recover photos from my camera's SD card?

HENSCORE

Dec 19, 2023
Good afternoon! I had an unpleasant incident. The samsung 64 gb sd memory card from my camera is not working. There was important material on it. The card does not appear in the camera itself. If you connect the card to the computer, the system says that the card is damaged and needs to be formatted.

Does anyone know how to help me?

Welcome, chances are SD card is damaged or corrupted. If you want to recover the data DO NOT FORMAT memory card!!! This permanently erase data . However if you watch the linked video it tells you to do a "quick format". Then download Recuva FREE ( got paid pro version ) data recovery software and do a deep scan of memory card.
Save files in desktop or folder. You can transfer back to SD card.
Watch the full video .

But before you do this step , try another card reader .

Download Recuva https://download.cnet.com/recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html

Another tip, if you use a Mac computer do not shoot more than 4096 photos on SD card as Mac operating system cannot read more than 4096 photos. 😱
But there is a solution. Watch the video.

Last edited:
This is closer to the goal. This software found about 40% of my material. But I would like more, if possible.

This is the first software I've tried, I've had experience with this software before. But then I was recovering data from a hard drive.
Welcome, chances are SD card is damaged or corrupted. If you want to recover the data DO NOT FORMAT memory card!!! This permanently erase data . However if you watch the linked video it tells you to do a "quick format". Then download Recuva FREE ( got paid pro version ) data recovery software and do a deep scan of memory card.
Save files in desktop or folder. You can transfer back to SD card.
Watch the full video .

But before you do this step , try another card reader .

Download Recuva https://download.cnet.com/recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html

Another tip, if you use a Mac computer do not shoot more than 4096 photos on SD card as Mac operating system cannot read more than 4096 photos. 😱
But there is a solution. Watch the video.

This is closer to the goal. This software found about 40% of my material. But I would like more, if possible.

Then pay for pro version. They purposely limit your recovery. 🤔
All recovery software want you to pay to get full features or benefit. Nothing comes for free I'm afraid.

Then pay for pro version. They purposely limit your recovery. 🤔
All recovery software want you to pay to get full features or benefit. Nothing comes for free I'm afraid.
You misunderstood me, the program found 40% of the material for recovery. But this is not all of my material. I would like to recover most of it as cheaply as possible.

You misunderstood me, the program found 40% of the material for recovery. But this is not all of my material. I would like to recover most of it as cheaply as possible.
As what I said before, it is most likely it is limited unless you buy full version. You can try other free/ trail recovery software but it is still trail and error if you find the right one which I think not likely. You can also try open source software like GitHub. Then again the developer does not promise it will work for your SD card. A free open source but without obligations on developer's part. You may learn something in the process of searching and trying. Good luck.

The less you know about the topic, the better it is to get professional help. Simple question: how much are those files worth to you? There is your price tag.

I was able to recover 70% of the material.
Hetman Partition Recovery software was able to recover 70% of the data from the flash drive. This is probably the best result so far. In general, I am satisfied because I was able to recover most of the material for a small amount of money.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: one eye jack
Thanks for sharing your results after trying out the different software. Sounds like you know what you're doing, just looking for more specific advice, and good to hear that you're satisfied with the results from the software you found.

Many free versions of paid software show you what files are potentially recoverable after scanning the drive, however the limit is the amount of data it can recover for free. If it was unable to find the files in the first place, makes sense not to pay for it.

I've used Recuva and it helped to recover enough data most times for me before. From my research last time another free tool was recommended, it's supposed to be more thorough but it's not as user friendly, so I kept both for situations when they arise.

Sometimes the controller of the drive fails and the drive is totally unreadable, then you probably need some electronics background or send it to someone who can get to the raw data for recovery.