Help needed : Dead Lexar card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
I filled my 1GB Lexar card with photos and how it's dead! My 20D says ERR CF and when I try reading from my card reader, it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Any help out there? I tried running the Image Rescue 2.0 but it just hangs at the intro screen.

I need to try salvage the photos. :(

kcuf2

Dec 29, 2005
KFC
i pray that it is not a total damage to the card... if that is so, even the image rescue wont be able to rescue ur files...

at the end of everything, exchange for a new card... lifetime warranty...

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
i pray that it is not a total damage to the card... if that is so, even the image rescue wont be able to rescue ur files...

at the end of everything, exchange for a new card... lifetime warranty...
Oh yeah I certainly hope so. Damn, the card ain't that old and it's dead already. ;(

kcuf2

Dec 29, 2005
KFC
I got the same problem with u, my lexar card is less than 1 yr but recently i have been having frequent encounters of "ERR" on my D70s... i got to shut down the cam, take the card out and reinsert back...

and my worst nightmare is when this ERR came during my gf birthday, and i was suppose to help her take the whole event :bigeyes: and i dun have a spare card arnd with me :kok: lucky after reinsert the cf card, it works again.... but after another 20-30 shots, the ERR come again....then reinsert again etc etc..

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Thanks man. The problem now is my PC does not seem to be able to recognize the card when I slot it into the card reader :(
if u like, can see if my cam can read ur card (yeah it's a long shot i know). say over kopi next week?

Jan 4, 2006
Ang Mo Kio, Singapore
I filled my 1GB Lexar card with photos and how it's dead! My 20D says ERR CF and when I try reading from my card reader, it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Any help out there? I tried running the Image Rescue 2.0 but it just hangs at the intro screen.

I need to try salvage the photos. :(
Happened to me once, after I accidentally dropped it... camera and PC card reader can't read.

Call up the local dealer for lexar... I recall its called "Convergent System". Office @ the OG building @ bugis... Send the card to US for recovery (forgot $20 or $50). Kept fingers crossed for 1-2months. Card came back with more than 90% of pics recovered :)

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Thanks. Yeah read that but my card ain't in those specified range :(

Happened to me once, after I accidentally dropped it... camera and PC card reader can't read.

Call up the local dealer for lexar... I recall its called "Convergent System". Office @ the OG building @ bugis... Send the card to US for recovery (forgot $20 or $50). Kept fingers crossed for 1-2months. Card came back with more than 90% of pics recovered :)
Oh cool! Will contact them. So who did you send the card for recovery? Through Convergent or you sent it yourself? Thanks

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Hi ndroo,

have u tried getting support thru a live chat with their technical officers?

here is the link:

http://www.lexar.com/support/index.html

hope it works.

all the best>
Tried that. All they could say is ask me get the card replaced ... :angry:

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Anyone knows of any local recovery services? Note that the card now can't be recognized by the camera or card readers and those recovery software I tried all could not recognize the card :(

Sorry to hear that. It happen to me on Saturday night when I was covering a weddding.

I was lucky that the computer was still able to recognize the card and the image recovery software was able to retrieve the pictures.... Not sure if I still want to use the card anymore.

What's sad and bad is this is my 2nd CF card that is having problem this month.... It's very scary. After this 2 cards, I am shooting with 2 camera by interchanging them from time to time whenever possible. I really do not wish to put myself in a situation where I need to explain to my clients about the **** I got myself into...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom