HELP! I cannot log on to a site! What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Dear CS folks,
I know quite a number of CSnappers are extremely tech-savy and therefore, I was hoping some kind tech gurus out there can help me. :)

I am currently taking this finance course in school right now (yuck! :sticktong ) and it is a complete online course. According to our syllabus, for part of our overall grade, we are supposed to log on to a particular website and answer all the questions.

Unfortunately almost 4 weeks into the course and so far, none of my classmates has even managed to log on to the website. :dunno: Everytime I tried logging on, the site will always give me the same message - Cannot find server. The page cannot be displayed... The only consolation was last Sunday around 4pm, the site loaded and therefore I was able to log on and do some questions.

So far between classmates, we found out that regardless whether you are a Starhub or Singtel user, users from both companies were unable to log on.

I have also tried different timings in a day - no good too.

Therefore, I was wondering if this technical error is somewhat the same that happened to MSN Messenger recently where users were unable to log on?

This is the website:

http://www.moneyskill.org

I will truly appreciate if any kind folks out there can provide some help and assistance. :lovegrin:

{mich} ;)

AEC

May 26, 2004
The website was last updated on 3rd March 2005 and had since remained inactive.
You can still see the archived URL at : Click Here

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
yanyewkay said:
looks ok to me.. some advert site it seems to me..
Looks ok to you? How come?

Because when I typed in the site, all I see was "cannot find server".... :(

No, it is not an advertising website. But some site about planning your money... blah blah blah...

Just curious - are you a Singnet user?

{mich}

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
AEC said:
The website was last updated on 3rd March 2005 and had since remained inactive.
You can still see the archived URL at : Click Here
Hi,
Just curious - how did you manage to find this "archived URL"?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm just curious as in why a lot of my friends and I just cannot seem to log on to the site.

{mich}

AEC

May 26, 2004
mich_2103 said:
Hi,
Just curious - how did you manage to find this "archived URL"?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm just curious as in why a lot of my friends and I just cannot seem to log on to the site.

{mich}
The website should be back to normal now.
Click here to view

dreamerz

Aug 13, 2005
Tampines
www.sherman-photography.net
think singnet transparent proxy is dead again...wifout manual proxy i wun b able to view it...wif manual proxy im able to view it...

for those on singnet can set the proxy n port as follow;
proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Looks ok to me too, both qala and starhub user. :think:

OT a little, the domain name sounds so er... "spam" :p

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Anyway, if the site is having so much fault, you should reflect..er... complain to the school. Bang table ask for refund. :think:

Seems like its free???

Actually, if you and your friends attending the course are having problem, you should let your teacher know, and also perhaps contact the organiser/webmaster to settle the issue. It would certainly be much faster.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
dreamerz said:
think singnet transparent proxy is dead again...wifout manual proxy i wun b able to view it...wif manual proxy im able to view it...

for those on singnet can set the proxy n port as follow;
proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080
OMG!!! Your method works!!!

Thanks very much!!! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom