HELP! I cannot log on to a site! What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Dear CS folks,
I know quite a number of CSnappers are extremely tech-savy and therefore, I was hoping some kind tech gurus out there can help me. :)

I am currently taking this finance course in school right now (yuck! :sticktong ) and it is a complete online course. According to our syllabus, for part of our overall grade, we are supposed to log on to a particular website and answer all the questions.

Unfortunately almost 4 weeks into the course and so far, none of my classmates has even managed to log on to the website. :dunno: Everytime I tried logging on, the site will always give me the same message - Cannot find server. The page cannot be displayed... The only consolation was last Sunday around 4pm, the site loaded and therefore I was able to log on and do some questions.

So far between classmates, we found out that regardless whether you are a Starhub or Singtel user, users from both companies were unable to log on.

I have also tried different timings in a day - no good too.

Therefore, I was wondering if this technical error is somewhat the same that happened to MSN Messenger recently where users were unable to log on?

This is the website:

http://www.moneyskill.org

I will truly appreciate if any kind folks out there can provide some help and assistance. :lovegrin:

{mich} ;)

looks ok to me.. some advert site it seems to me..

The website was last updated on 3rd March 2005 and had since remained inactive.
You can still see the archived URL at : Click Here

yanyewkay said:
looks ok to me.. some advert site it seems to me..
Looks ok to you? How come?

Because when I typed in the site, all I see was "cannot find server".... :(

No, it is not an advertising website. But some site about planning your money... blah blah blah...

Just curious - are you a Singnet user?

{mich}

AEC said:
The website was last updated on 3rd March 2005 and had since remained inactive.
You can still see the archived URL at : Click Here
Hi,
Just curious - how did you manage to find this "archived URL"?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm just curious as in why a lot of my friends and I just cannot seem to log on to the site.

{mich}

mich_2103 said:
Hi,
Just curious - how did you manage to find this "archived URL"?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm just curious as in why a lot of my friends and I just cannot seem to log on to the site.

{mich}

The website should be back to normal now.
Click here to view

think singnet transparent proxy is dead again...wifout manual proxy i wun b able to view it...wif manual proxy im able to view it...

for those on singnet can set the proxy n port as follow;
proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080

Looks ok to me too, both qala and starhub user. :think:

OT a little, the domain name sounds so er... "spam" :p

Anyway, if the site is having so much fault, you should reflect..er... complain to the school. Bang table ask for refund. :think:

Seems like its free???

Actually, if you and your friends attending the course are having problem, you should let your teacher know, and also perhaps contact the organiser/webmaster to settle the issue. It would certainly be much faster.

dreamerz said:
think singnet transparent proxy is dead again...wifout manual proxy i wun b able to view it...wif manual proxy im able to view it...

for those on singnet can set the proxy n port as follow;
proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080
OMG!!! Your method works!!!

Thanks very much!!! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.