Gundam Fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
richliow said:
membership is for fellow gundam lovers :bsmilie:
join the discussion..the more the merrier...kekeke

how come for cheat is gundam lovers but me is muz take photo of model i own....diff treatment hahhahaha

Witness said:
how come for cheat is gundam lovers but me is muz take photo of model i own....diff treatment hahhahaha

cos I was more attracted to the storyline than the mecha?
Truth is, I watch so many mecha-related anime other than Gundam, that I no longer truly love any one mecha anymore. Still, the idea of Gundam as an instrument of war, rather than a supposedly hero of the world or the galaxy, is really much more mature and appealing. :D

Another appealing mecha, are the Eva series, which till today, I still can't place them in any category. :bsmilie:

TMC said:
How many standalone are there anyways?

Standalones are either OVA or Movies.
As far as I know (without referring to anything), the OVA are as follow:
0079 (OVA edition), 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket 0080, Gundam 0083 - Stardust memory, Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz, Gundam Seed - Destiny

For movies, so far not a lot:
Char's Counterattack, Gundam F91, Gundam Z (20th anniversary trilogy)

Don't know whether correct or not. Feel free to add or modify. :D

Another Gundam U.C. fan here. Ok for Seed and Destiny. Dont like Turn A, V, Wing or the rest...

Here's the Zeon MS-18E Kampfer MSIA model. Amazing special forces Zeon mobile suit.

11461638.ms18.jpg

11462957.ms182.jpg

:)

The_Cheat said:
cos I was more attracted to the storyline than the mecha?
Truth is, I watch so many mecha-related anime other than Gundam, that I no longer truly love any one mecha anymore. Still, the idea of Gundam as an instrument of war, rather than a supposedly hero of the world or the galaxy, is really much more mature and appealing. :D

Another appealing mecha, are the Eva series, which till today, I still can't place them in any category. :bsmilie:

Actually, its the only mecha anime that shows that the mecha got no spirit, instead its the pilot's ability... NEWTYPE!!

i love 1 part the most, where in Char's Counterattack, when Amuro rides his new RX-93 Nu Gundam down to the warzone, everybody just retreat... true, they can go to into a dogfight, but strategically, they are to conserve resources to fight a better war... solid...

and i especially like Char's character, charismatic leader... but for the wrong cause...

and i really can't get another part off my head... not being a racist but, how come this 2 person (Char & Amuro) like Lala,... i mean, she look ugly... and imho, she is neither any good either... and both fought each other just for tis... omg...

Hee~! Any one has nice model of Quebeley or Quebeley Mark II? :D

Zplus said:
Another Gundam U.C. fan here. Ok for Seed and Destiny. Dont like Turn A, V, Wing or the rest...

Here's the Zeon MS-18E Kampfer MSIA model. Amazing special forces Zeon mobile suit.

11461638.ms18.jpg

11462957.ms182.jpg

:)

Was fighting this last night with my Gundam NT-1 Alex... damn mines... :thumbsup:

The_Cheat said:
Standalones are either OVA or Movies.
As far as I know (without referring to anything), the OVA are as follow:
0079 (OVA edition), 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket 0080, Gundam 0083 - Stardust memory, Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz, Gundam Seed - Destiny

For movies, so far not a lot:
Char's Counterattack, Gundam F91, Gundam Z (20th anniversary trilogy)

Don't know whether correct or not. Feel free to add or modify. :D

add 1 more, 08th - Miller's Report... Movie.

and also 1 i hated most... G-Saviour... **** man, i bought the PS2 Game, Jap R2 DVD, just to see how it sucks to the core...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Was fighting this last night with my Gundam NT-1 Alex... damn mines... :thumbsup:

On playstation!??? Darn!
Wished they release these on the PC..... but knowing the japanese... most likely not...

Yeah, the OVA made the NT-1 defeat this guy too easily...
;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Actually, its the only mecha anime that shows that the mecha got no spirit, instead its the pilot's ability... NEWTYPE!!

Bet to differ. The valkryries and veritech fighters, as well as all the other mecha on board of SDF, in the very first macross, also used the same idea that the machines are basically instruments, and have no inherent holiness within. But then, macross is a romance story... :bsmilie:

DCA said:
i love 1 part the most, where in Char's Counterattack, when Amuro rides his new RX-93 Nu Gundam down to the warzone, everybody just retreat... true, they can go to into a dogfight, but strategically, they are to conserve resources to fight a better war... solid...

and i especially like Char's character, charismatic leader... but for the wrong cause...

and i really can't get another part off my head... not being a racist but, how come this 2 person (Char & Amuro) like Lala,... i mean, she look ugly... and imho, she is neither any good either... and both fought each other just for tis... omg...

Aiyah! Don't use today's standard of what is nice and beautiful, with those of yesterday's lah. There are things that we hate today that were in fashion in the yesteryears, like baggy pants and long side-burn. Standard of what is nice and beautiful will change lor, and perhaps lala-sune was really beautiful to people then?

Talking about atrocious, have you heard the theme song of Gundam? I also fell out of my chair the first time I heard it lor! :bsmilie:

As for Char, well, he's the Darth Vader before Darth Vader even made it on the big screen. He's the single most famous and memorable character or character-type (numerous of his "clones" in the future Gundam series), that really make the heroes look more like weaklings. Imagine how the federation shake in their pants when they saw a red MS approaching... :bsmilie:

rayblade said:
G-Saviour :thumbsd: but like the graphics only.

watch Evolve... den u see wats better...

the best gundam animation now is MS Igloo lor... go find it... simply the best... esp the storyline...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

What game was that?

Seems like a lot of fighting gundam games on PS hor. If only they have more turn-based strategy or tactical games...

The_Cheat said:
Bet to differ. The valkryries and veritech fighters, as well as all the other mecha on board of SDF, in the very first macross, also used the same idea that the machines are basically instruments, and have no inherent holiness within. But then, macross is a romance story... :bsmilie:

Aiyah! Don't use today's standard of what is nice and beautiful, with those of yesterday's lah. There are things that we hate today that were in fashion in the yesteryears, like baggy pants and long side-burn. Standard of what is nice and beautiful will change lor, and perhaps lala-sune was really beautiful to people then?

Talking about atrocious, have you heard the theme song of Gundam? I also fell out of my chair the first time I heard it lor! :bsmilie:

As for Char, well, he's the Darth Vader before Darth Vader even made it on the big screen. He's the single most famous and memorable character or character-type (numerous of his "clones" in the future Gundam series), that really make the heroes look more like weaklings. Imagine how the federation shake in their pants when they saw a red MS approaching... :bsmilie:

ya... SDF too... I STILL REMEMBER LOVE ok...

and the theme song for gundam, i got a shock in life when it played as an alarm from my Haro 1st edition, esp in the morning... laugh until pengz... la la la la la... Gun Da mu... Gun da mu...

anyway, there is a new bmg for 0079 liao... cos i played the previous few PS2 of it, Journey to Jaburo, Megurai Sora, Hidden One Year War, Fed vs Zeon, all use that, until the new 1 dun have liao...

music wise, i still like the MS 08th Theme song.

Zplus said:
On playstation!??? Darn!
Wished they release these on the PC..... but knowing the japanese... most likely not...

;)

The OVA is a love story lah! There wasn't really a war going on when the series take place... so don't be so critically about the mechas. Anyway, I do hate NT-1 also... :bsmilie:

The_Cheat said:
What game was that?

Seems like a lot of fighting gundam games on PS hor. If only they have more turn-based strategy or tactical games...

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ps2_gundam_climax/index.html

turn base, either Super Robot War or SD Gundam G Gen... i prefer G Gen, cos its more true to the story then SRW ... too complicated and long for me...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya... SDF too... I STILL REMEMBER LOVE ok...

and the theme song for gundam, i got a shock in life when it played as an alarm from my Haro 1st edition, esp in the morning... laugh until pengz... la la la la la... Gun Da mu... Gun da mu...

anyway, there is a new bmg for 0079 liao... cos i played the previous few PS2 of it, Journey to Jaburo, Megurai Sora, Hidden One Year War, Fed vs Zeon, all use that, until the new 1 dun have liao...

music wise, i still like the MS 08th Theme song.

Can't recall how the MS 08th theme song is like liao. They never had any 08th MS team characters on any Super Robot Wars, so never got a chance to really listen to them. To me, the better music comes obviously from the newer series, like G Gundam, Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed.

Had enough of the theme songs of Gundam Z and Gundam 0079 liao. Really too err... yucky!?

Zplus said:
On playstation!??? Darn!

;)

try defeating it in the game lor... u will say otherwise... ;p

The_Cheat said:
Can't recall how the MS 08th theme song is like liao. They never had any 08th MS team characters on any Super Robot Wars, so never got a chance to really listen to them. To me, the better music comes obviously from the newer series, like G Gundam, Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed.

Had enough of the theme songs of Gundam Z and Gundam 0079 liao. Really too err... yucky!?

got wat, i remember have leh... earth mission always have MS 08th... i think even the PS version also have liao...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ps2_gundam_climax/index.html

turn base, either Super Robot War or SD Gundam G Gen... i prefer G Gen, cos its more true to the story then SRW ... too complicated and long for me...

Never like SD gundam... :bsmilie:
Still preferred to stick with SRW, since it will follow certain storylines, and integrate with the Bandpresto Original creations. The 3rd SRW Alpha give quite a bit of time on the Gundam Seed (or is it Destiny?), as well as other notable cartoons like Gaogaigar Final and End of Evagelion (yes! Eva series!!). I love it for the fact that it integrate new and old mechas alike into the game, and introduce some anime that would probably be unheard of outside of Japan.

Ooooh!! There's Haman in the game!? Cool!!!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
got wat, i remember have leh... earth mission always have MS 08th... i think even the PS version also have liao...

Not that I can recall. Anyway, should really find some time to replay some of the older SRW. :D
I miss Dunbine...

Status
Not open for further replies.