Guard of Honour Boo Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPDS badge... u must see if its a sliver one or gold one... red or black backing.. hahahaha...

SAFPU dun send their pple for diving course lah..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i dun think they need to catch convicts under water...

aiyah.. this one small mistake no need to get so uptight about sign 7 or sign 14 lah...

For your info, the unit is now called MP Command; no longer SAFPU.

hmmm i still don't see anythng wrong.. except for the 1st guy... who's the shorterst.. not having the bayonet (the knife thingi?) and he didn't wear the 'belt' ? :p
didn't notice anyone making funny faces though

hmmz.. I got an innocent question...Why the newspaper never spot/edit/crop it before publishing the photo??

to maintain the "truthfulness" of the situation?? or to maintain photographic "rule" of not cropping and cutting off people at body joints? for composition? or simply cos never spot??

Just wondering...Do newspaper photographs strictly follow an aspect ratio?? If keeping the aspect ratio, cropping the last guard-of-honour out will result in the Crown Prince being cropped off awkwardly.. so is that why they left it as it is?

newspapers are not allowed to edit the pics. photographers do not have time to edit every photo, merely basic colour editing. no particular aspect ratio is followed too. the dimensions of the image to be used is based on the size allocation of that particular article.

us old timers will always refer it as SAFPU...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

MP Command sounds so :sticktong

so next time, infantry called infantry command, armour, called armour command.

command here and there.. pple get confused.

i still like the word SAFPU... i dunno why... the word command is just so..... macam wayang.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

MP Command sounds so :sticktong

so next time, infantry called infantry command, armour, called armour command.

command here and there.. pple get confused.

i still like the word SAFPU... i dunno why... the word command is just so..... macam wayang.

Command & Conquer 4?:bsmilie:

There is nothing wrong....... the Spec at the start of the row doesnt have bayonet. Just go refer to all old photos of parades. All are the same, Spec no bayonet..... As some said, this kind of event, will be double and triple check. No room for such obvious errors.

it is correct....the first and the last person of the whole GOH team will not hold any bayonets. They are the front and back line marker. So they are usually the most senior in the parade.

hmmz.. I got an innocent question...Why the newspaper never spot/edit/crop it before publishing the photo??

to maintain the "truthfulness" of the situation?? or to maintain photographic "rule" of not cropping and cutting off people at body joints? for composition? or simply cos never spot??

Just wondering...Do newspaper photographs strictly follow an aspect ratio?? If keeping the aspect ratio, cropping the last guard-of-honour out will result in the Crown Prince being cropped off awkwardly.. so is that why they left it as it is?

PhotoJournalist or Press Photographers are to maintain the "truthfulness" of very pictures they take. Not only because too many photos to edit but it is due to the rule of the trade. Min. PS is to crop, dodge/burn, adjust exposure and add a bit sharpness. Additions/subtraction of details and alterations (colors) of pictures are not allow.

There are no fixed ratio to follow. The editor or any reporter before attaching the pictures will come to visit the PJ or photographer to tell him how to crop to fit into the reporter's column.

:)

Why that guy is without bayonet is because he is a LEFT MARKER for the parade. If you notice.. the LEFT & RIGHT Markers all the Guard of Honour parades are without bayonets.
An additional knowledge, yea?

Why that guy is without bayonet is because he is a LEFT MARKER for the parade. If you notice.. the LEFT & RIGHT Markers all the Guard of Honour parades are without bayonets.

you sign up just to post this?

wow! :bigeyes:

he signed up in jul 2006 lah.. this is his first post.

Anyway, ok.. the truth is out.. the bayonet wasn't the boo boo.. it was the upside down IPPT badge. So I guess we can all stop repeating the same knowledge

Absolutely right :thumbsup: U must be from the provost unit!

folks, so do not jump to conclusions so fast!

They are not Military Police but from other units. Look at the badges on their chest. ^^

They are not Military Police but from other units. Look at the badges on their chest. ^^

Commando ? all no wear spects... worse.. double punishment for special unit.. 2*7 = 14 extras ! :bsmilie:

Commando ? all no wear spects... worse.. double punishment for special unit.. 2*7 = 14 extras ! :bsmilie:

Heheh, the badge looks like maybe divers too. Super fit. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.