Gretag Macbeth Cirrus Monitor Color Calibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej26

Oct 8, 2003
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any info on this Gretag Macbeth Cirrus model? I can't seem to find anything on it online. Is it an old model or a very very new release? Any reviews?

hmm, no one knows anything about this calibrator model?

Not sure abt this product at all... Gretag Macbeth websites does not even list it. Can't seem to find it on google as well.

yup, that's right! the one on offer by Canon. but there's practically no info on it at all, which is making me suspicious... i would like to find out more about the specs and user reviews but there's nothing..

ej26 said:
yup, that's right! the one on offer by Canon. but there's practically no info on it at all, which is making me suspicious... i would like to find out more about the specs and user reviews but there's nothing..

i believe its a new product. i saw one today. meant for mac (supported by the latest Tiger OS) and WinXP. very slim device, much neater and easier to store than the EyeOne calibrator. the shop owner demoed it and it does make a significant difference to his CRT monitor.

as to how accurate izit compared to the high-end range, i really dunno know. but, from the looks of it, its does the job and does it well enuf for u to edit ur photos correctly. :)

nightwolf75 said:
i believe its a new product. i saw one today. meant for mac (supported by the latest Tiger OS) and WinXP. very slim device, much neater and easier to store than the EyeOne calibrator. the shop owner demoed it and it does make a significant difference to his CRT monitor.

as to how accurate izit compared to the high-end range, i really dunno know. but, from the looks of it, its does the job and does it well enuf for u to edit ur photos correctly. :)

That's one of the things that I've wanted to find out.. the compatibility. There're more PC users than Mac users, and I'm a PC user. It won't be useful if to me if its only for Mac.

I find it a bit odd for them to launch a new product in Singapore. Well, its still possible that its a very new product nevertheless.. but it could very well also be an old product that they no longer feature on the website.

Which shop did you see it at? I'll probably want to take a look at it before buying since there's so little info online. I think a color calibrator should produce at least 98% accuracy perhaps (in comparison to other mid-price-range devices already on the market) else it might be a waste of money.

I'll be getting one unit from Canon on Monday....will keep you guy posted how it works.:think:

Cool! Thanks pal!

how much is this? is there much difference compared to Pantone Spyder products?

maritimus831 said:
how much is this? is there much difference compared to Pantone Spyder products?

by right its a purchase with a purchase, within the current canon promotion. see the link i posted.

ej26 - i saw it at TK Foto over at shaw towers, beach road. was there yesterday to get a ballhead. James did a demo for a few of us present on his PC in his office. i believe this is a new product cos of the latest OSes supported, at least according to wats printed on the box. :p

ok here how the thing itself look like

DPP_0048w.jpg

Setup is super easy and super fast.

1. install the software in from the CD..comes with Win XP/2000 and Mac OS X software
2. Restart PC (Mac no need)
3. Plug in the calibrator into the USB

DPP_0051w.jpg

4. Run the Application.
5. In about 3-5 Mins done! monitor profiled

DPP_0052w.jpg

There is an option for the calibrator to adjust you screen based on the room light or as the room lighting change it will self adjust.

It's a Purchase to Purchase Deal for Canon Digital Cameras at $199.

IMG_0131w.jpg

wow, cool... thank you so much! you've been a great help!!!

can i get it with any Canon digital camera, or must be DSLR only? which camera did you get?

can i buy this from canon even if i bought my canon 350d in june?

yay! i've got mine already! its really easy to use indeed. however, to be honest, my screen looks kinda weird to me now. maybe its because i'm not used to the new color setting, which is quite different from my original.

does anyone have a laptop to go with the cirrus calibrator and would like to meet up to compare? i just want to compare my screen with another calibrated screen to be sure that both look the same so it isn't faulty or something.

photos look fine on my calibrated screen.

by the way... for example, the sheet we type on for microsoft word now looks bluish to me. isn't it supposed to be pure white?

the outer background for the clubsnap website also looks bluish/slightly greyish to me too. is it supposed to look this way?

the only thing that looks pure white to me now is my mouse pointer.

if you want a comparison come down to our lab...all our LCDs are calibrated with the Calibrator. ;)

wow cool! where's your lab? i'll be there tomorrow if possible, if not thursday heh. i can hardly wait to confirm that i have the correct color =)

i just changed my temperature setting to warm actually and it looks better. well, at least its closer to the white of my mouse pointer, although the help assistant on the gretagmacbeth website said its not necessarily 100% the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.