Gretag Macbeth Cirrus Monitor Color Calibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
ej26 said:
by the way... for example, the sheet we type on for microsoft word now looks bluish to me. isn't it supposed to be pure white?

the outer background for the clubsnap website also looks bluish/slightly greyish to me too. is it supposed to look this way?

the only thing that looks pure white to me now is my mouse pointer.

When I first changed the color temperature of my monitor to warm (6500'K), I had quite a hard time getting used to the yellowish cast. However, after a week or two, my brain began to get used to it.

My advice is to just trust the calibrator and let your brain adjust itself. Don't worry too much.

Ah Pao said:
When I first changed the color temperature of my monitor to warm (6500'K), I had quite a hard time getting used to the yellowish cast. However, after a week or two, my brain began to get used to it.

My advice is to just trust the calibrator and let your brain adjust itself. Don't worry too much.

yup, i have to agree we'll all have to get our brains adjusted also heh =p esp if our original settings were quite off. i'm using the warm setting for now also and i have the same yellowish cast.

Mine's working well now. Its really amazingly fast and accurate too.

I've a friend who bought a IXUS 55 recently from Courts And now he wants to buy the calibrator too. Where can he buy it?

i think all the more popular photography shops will sell.. like cathay photo, ms color, alan photo.. pls call them to check before going though.

Just an update for you guys who are interested in the calibrator. I wrote an email to the people at Gretag Macbeth asking about the product. In their reply, they stated that the
Cirrus calibrator is newly developed product for a specific dealer and exclusive to our region only. However, it's not designed for high end professional uses and is targeted towards the general consumer.

In future, they can be found bundled with other 3rd party products too. It is not yet available for sale through the Gretag Macbeth website or any of their website.

Hopefully, they will start providing support for the calibrator soon.

Hi I jus borrow my frenz's calibrator and try it out....this is the first time I using a calibraotr and it seem pretty easy to use leh...and small too.....:D

Just a quick question.....this calibrator onli calibrate the monitor rite?...it doesnt really mean that the all printout or pictures taken will be the same rite as the monitor LCD rite? :)

Prismatic said:
Just an update for you guys who are interested in the calibrator. I wrote an email to the people at Gretag Macbeth asking about the product. In their reply, they stated that the
Cirrus calibrator is newly developed product for a specific dealer and exclusive to our region only. However, it's not designed for high end professional uses and is targeted towards the general consumer.

In future, they can be found bundled with other 3rd party products too. It is not yet available for sale through the Gretag Macbeth website or any of their website.

Hopefully, they will start providing support for the calibrator soon.

Prismatic is right about the reply from GMB. This is a new product which we have been working with GMB and made it exclusively available through Canon Singapore first. This calibrator is targeted at the consumer to prosumer audiance where the cost of it is more comfortable to the pocket.

how much different are there between Cirrus and EyeOne? Cannot find the product on Convergent website. How much is it selling and which reseller can I get it from?

canturn said:
u can buy it from Alan photo
Hi all,
I'm new here and jz also looking for a monitor calibrator. John 3:16 at Funan also offered to sell this model at retail price, w/o need to buy any Canon cams. Thanks to all your contributions, i think i can go up to them to buy one for my screen!:bsmilie:

Anyone interested in conducting a MO for this? :)

MO = Mass Order

Just checked on Adorama's website. Huey costs USD74.75 (with shipping cost of USD35.50 if only buying one unit of Huey. Shipping costs slightly increases to USD39 if buying ten units of Huey). Thus, assuming the current exchange rate of around 1.6326 and a 2% bank charge, without a MO, the unit can be bought from USA at around $185. (No GST if less than $500?)

Only worry is that the exchange rate seems to be going up at the moment.

Sorry to post a totally noob question but...

to calibrate my monitor / LCD screen, do I need to adjust the screen's brightness &/or contrast level... cos my notebook strangely comes with a contrast control but not a brightness control.:cry:

I've tried the Cirrus on my notebook but it doesn't work at all (eg. no change in colours, contrast).

jeffreyk said:
I've tried the Cirrus on my notebook but it doesn't work at all (eg. no change in colours, contrast).

err...I try it on mine notebook and there noticable difference....more yellowish.....

For those interested in a calibrator, I am running a MO here at http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176295 for the Colorvision Spyder2PRO which is a higher end model.

You can also see the Macworld comparison review between the ColorVision's Spyder2PRO Studio with Gretag Macbeth's Eye-One Display 2 & Monaco's OptixXR Pro here http://www.macworld.com/2005/03/reviews/monitorcalibrator/index.php

If you really want the Huey, PM me and I will check. It should be less than S$185

jeffreyk said:
If it's a new notebook acquired recently and of a reputable brand, the manufacturer may have already put in an accurate profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.