Fujifilm X-E1 User Group

i assume this is a cropped image @ 100%..

it looks pretty decent..

maybe you can take another shot and post it up here..

quite difficult to see how clean/ noisy the overall image is..

Hi vengels,

Yes, it cropped @ 100%. If you look at the skin tone or the thumb, you can see that there are quite a fair bit of noise and actually the whole picture too.

Btw it is only at ISO 1250. Not too sure is this IQ consider as reasonable?

Hi vengels,

Yes, it cropped @ 100%. If you look at the skin tone or the thumb, you can see that there are quite a fair bit of noise and actually the whole picture too.

Btw it is only at ISO 1250. Not too sure is this IQ consider as reasonable?

mmm do you have an uncropped image?

i think if you 100% crop you're bound to see a fair bit of noise.

If I 100% cropped image from my d700, I will see noise as well. I think you need to lower your expectation.

Sorry guys.. I use the wrong word. It is trim from the photo. The noise shown in the picture is exactly what I seen in the entire photo.

Btw, I am not trying to prove that this cam has a poor ISO, but more to discuss how to improve the photography with this cam in low light.

Therefore would appreciate more constructive feedback. Thanks!

Last edited:
we are trying to give constructive feedback..

but it is hard to imagine how the whole image will look like with that trimmed photo..

correct me if i am wrong..
you do not want to show the whole image cause it contains pictures of either you or your friends..

so may i suggest you try duplicating the lighting conditions and settings used..
and post the image again..

it will be easier for the guys to give you more constructive feedback..

but it is hard to imagine how the whole image will look like with that trimmed photo..

you do not want to show the whole image cause it contains pictures of either you or your friends..

so may i suggest you try duplicating the lighting conditions and settings used..

+1 what he said

Hi Vengels, thanks and noted. I will try your suggestion.

quick and dirty set up to show ISO1600 and ISO3200
shot with 18mm F2 lens..
picture was taken at night with only warm light coming from the left of the figurine..
i guess its of typical lighting at a restaurant..

the 2 images below were shot @ 1/28s F2.8
2nd image shows the 100% crop..
ISO1600_Snapseed_zpsd58ae058.jpg

ISO1600100_zps2f3e079c.jpeg

the 2 images below were shot @ 1/15s F2.8
2nd image shows the 100% crop..
ISO3200_Snapseed_zps390d4dd3.jpg

ISO3200100_zps1033d141.jpeg

as you can see..
even though the image looks clean on the whole but at 100% crop.. noise is inevitable..

so it is really down to your expectations when it comes to noise..
it is very difficult (tempted to use the word impossible) to get a squeaky clean image @ ISO1600 or 3200..

good demo

Any idea if theres a demand for xe1 kit lens? because im intending to sell mine when my xe1 kit arrives.

let me know if u are selling it..
if price is right i will get it..

let me know if u are selling it..
if price is right i will get it..

I'm collecting next week as I'm flying to bkk tonight. I will let you know.

can just PM me actually.

Anyone using Lightroom 4.4 to process the RAW?
I've just started trying these but find that the OOC JPEG (Velvia) has much nicer color (at least for my eye preference). I've attempted to match the colour with the OOC JPEG with no success.
Anyone has good experience with Lightroom 4.4 compared to the OOC JPEG? If any presets can be shared would be very thankfull.

Anyone using Lightroom 4.4 to process the RAW?
I've just started trying these but find that the OOC JPEG (Velvia) has much nicer color (at least for my eye preference). I've attempted to match the colour with the OOC JPEG with no success.
Anyone has good experience with Lightroom 4.4 compared to the OOC JPEG? If any presets can be shared would be very thankfull.

i use vsco

Argh, sensor kena stubborn dust. Anyone know how much it'll cost to send it for cleaning?

Argh, sensor kena stubborn dust. Anyone know how much it'll cost to send it for cleaning?

Take off your lens and use a blower . Afew good puff should do. The sensor is less then 1.7cm inside mount.
For blower if you have the rocket or swiss the best.

Tried and failed :/