Fujifilm X-E1 User Group

My 5D Mark III, 6D and my Leica M9P all don't come with hot shoe cap. I bring an umbrella out when it rains.

Canon bodies does not come with hot shoe cap?? Even the pro bodies that are weather sealed? What happens when it rains?

does fujifilm singapore sells a hot shoe cover for the XE1? going down there to pick up free gifts...

First camera I see that does not come with hot shoe cover...

I have this, which fits very nicely:

2013_06_08_20.02.26-39441495.jpg

Bought cheaply from here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Shoe-Ho...731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d857b7c3

Last edited:
I realised my NEX6 hotshoe cap fits perfectly :)

Maybe can buy one from Sony...

guys what sort of jpeg settings do you guys use?

I have been reading up and experimenting.

I think my setting for shooting people is
ProNeg H. Color+1, shadow tone-1 That gives me the most neutral/pleasing skin tones for me.

This camera also has HUGE raw files and very good jpegs. I am wondering if I should stop shooting raw.

If I am going to shoot jpegs, does it make sense to set both highlight+shadow tones to -2 to prevent anything from blowing out?

BTW, if any bro here wants to trade their XE1 for a NEX6, look for me.. I am thinking of getting a 2nd XE1 body.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-sell-other-camera-brands-formats/1272173-wtbuy-dslr-fuji-wtb-wtt-xe1-body.html

Last edited:
so far i shoot raw+jpeg, but mostly use raw with vsco in post with lr

I used to own Canon D40 fitted with a 17-55mm f2.8 lens. So I saw the Fuji Mirrorless XE1 in the market, and I love the rangefinder look, manual control, silver chrome body, small size etc. So I told my wife that the DSLR is too heavy so it is almost impossible to bring for holiday because I am getting old etc. So my wife give the green light and I bought the XE1. Initially it was fitted with a 18-55 kit lens. Later I bought a 35mm prime lens to go with it. I rationalise that since I am using a retro looking camera, I should buy a retro looking bag. So I bought a UK retro Grafea camera bag. Later on, I rationalize that since I am using one of the best camera in the world, I should get good filter system. I bought the 100mm Lee filter system, which include the Lee Big Stopper, full set of Lee GND etc. All this while, I have the corkin filter, Hoya filter but I insist on the Lee Filter System. And I changed all UV filter to B+W as well. I figure that since I have so many expensive equipment now, I need a electronic dry cabinet. I bought a 60L Digi Cabi. Then I fell in love with the Fuji X20 as well, cause it makes an excellent spare camera. I bought a Fuji X20 as a spare. After a while, I thought I need an external flash. I bought the biggest flash available for this camera, so that it has higher power, namely the Fuji EF42, A while later, I realize I need additional zooming power, so I bought the Fuji 55mm-200mm telephoto lens. So I end up with a camera with small small sleek body, but with flash and lenses so big that its now much bigger than my Canon D40 Setup. My wife defintely think its a few times bigger than the old system. So much for my Fuji mirrorless system, and its quite funny now. Now to mention the countless items bought eg rechargeable batteries, reflector, diffuser, polarizer, variable ND filter, half case, full case, straps, tripod blah blah blah. All these happens in a span of few months. And its really addictive and the fun I have using this camera, is so much more when using a Nikon or Canon. The images it produce is sharp and I simply love the film like Fuji colors.. My setup: (Shot using iphone 5)
ridiculous setup1 by kuanyin2001, on Flickr

Last edited:
Quite the same here, within 2 months i have all XF lens except 18mm. Fortunately the lens is limited if not i would have spend more and fortunately i have some accessories from my DSLR such as Filters, Flash, tripod which i can reuse on Fuji cameras.
The camera definitely work well with big stopper and ND110, no adjustment on the wb needed.

I used to own Canon D40 fitted with a 17-55mm f2.8 lens. So I saw the Fuji Mirrorless XE1 in the market, and I love the rangefinder look, manual control, silver chrome body, small size etc. So I told my wife that the DSLR is too heavy so it is almost impossible to bring for holiday because I am getting old etc. So my wife give the green light and I bought the XE1. Initially it was fitted with a 18-55 kit lens. Later I bought a 35mm prime lens to go with it. I rationalise that since I am using a retro looking camera, I should buy a retro looking bag. So I bought a UK retro Grafea camera bag. Later on, I rationalize that since I am using one of the best camera in the world, I should get good filter system. I bought the 100mm Lee filter system, which include the Lee Big Stopper, full set of Lee GND etc. All this while, I have the corkin filter, Hoya filter but I insist on the Lee Filter System. And I changed all UV filter to B+W as well. I figure that since I have so many expensive equipment now, I need a electronic dry cabinet. I bought a 60L Digi Cabi. Then I fell in love with the Fuji X20 as well, cause it makes an excellent spare camera. I bought a Fuji X20 as a spare. After a while, I thought I need an external flash. I bought the biggest flash available for this camera, so that it has higher power, namely the Fuji EF42, A while later, I realize I need additional zooming power, so I bought the Fuji 55mm-200mm telephoto lens. So I end up with a camera with small small sleek body, but with flash and lenses so big that its now much bigger than my Canon D40 Setup. My wife defintely think its a few times bigger than the old system. So much for my Fuji mirrorless system, and its quite funny now. Now to mention the countless items bought eg rechargeable batteries, reflector, diffuser, polarizer, variable ND filter, half case, full case, straps, tripod blah blah blah. All these happens in a span of few months. And its really addictive and the fun I have using this camera, is so much more when using a Nikon or Canon. The images it produce is sharp and I simply love the film like Fuji colors.. My setup: (Shot using iphone 5)
ridiculous setup1 by kuanyin2001, on Flickr

Quite the same here, within 2 months i have all XF lens except 18mm. Fortunately the lens is limited if not i would have spend more and fortunately i have some accessories from my DSLR such as Filters, Flash, tripod which i can reuse on Fuji cameras.
The camera definitely work well with big stopper and ND110, no adjustment on the wb needed.
At least I know I am not the only one. You got the stuffs within 2 months, actually, much faster than me. I got them over a period of half a year. Whenever I shoot with Lee Filter, I do make adjustment on the WB. Personally, I think the Lee Stopper always give the photo a colder bluish tint.

At least I know I am not the only one. You got the stuffs within 2 months, actually, much faster than me. I got them over a period of half a year. Whenever I shoot with Lee Filter, I do make adjustment on the WB. Personally, I think the Lee Stopper always give the photo a colder bluish tint.

I've not used my bigstopper since I got the haida from photosphere lol.

Haha! I'm almost same as you. I have a Canon 40D too, with a Sigma 17-70mm. But the XE-1 is so much more fun to use! But I'll slowly add on lenses and accessories bah :p

Seem to have many good review on the haida filter, i should try it out one day.

They have outings to let you try, you should go.. they started evening sessions. The morning ones were too early for me. lol

Finally can have focus peaking!

But more importantly can set the Fn button to select focus points.
No more poking of my nose with my left finger. Haha

Finally can have focus peaking!

But more importantly can set the Fn button to select focus points.
No more poking of my nose with my left finger. Haha

Still gotta wait leh. Haha.

FIRMWARE

On 25th June and on 23rd July Fuji will upgrades the firmware. They will provide improved AF performance for all Fujinon XF lenses and add a ‘Focus Peak Highlight’ function for manual focusing. Check the firmware update site here.

At least we know it's coming and I dun have to poke my nose anymore.. Haha

At least we know it's coming and I dun have to poke my nose anymore.. Haha

True true. Let d poking stop

Been waiting for almost a month for this X-E1 accessory to arrive, finally reached today.

Hand grip provides a much better grip and protection. I don't need my Gariz half case now with this.
sdim0980-22472021.jpg

The base also acts as an ever ready quick release plate for tripod mounting, no need to attach the one with the tripod. Saves you a lot of time setting up.
sdim0983-14422329.jpg

Removable L-Plate gives the flexibility of mounting your cam in portrait/vertical mode, without reorientating the tripod ballhead.
sdim0984-28656982.jpg

The L-Plate is removable if you don't need to shot in portrait mode frquently.
sdim0981-17823992.jpg

For those who may find this useful, I got it from here (no relation to the seller, just want to share).

Vertical Shoot Quick Release Plate Camera Grip for Fujifilm Fuji x E1 Ballhead | eBay

Much cheaper with better features than the original, overpriced Fujifilm HG-XE1 hand grip.

One downside, if it can be considered as such by some, is the added weight and size. Although not by much in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Forgot to add, quick and easy access to the battery compartment.
sdim0982-16461157.jpg