Fujifilm X-E1 User Group

I think this firmware is just for the 55-200 mm lens...

Do any of you guys know how to move XE-1 raw files back into the camera for more jpeg-processing? For curiosity's sake, was thinking of copying some old raw files back some testing after realizing I'm doing such a shitty job of making the my recent raw files look nicer than the jpegs and found that I wasn't allowled to, at least if I'm doing it via windows exporer.

I know you can use a card reader to transfer the files back into the card. I'm not sure about other methods.

Just got the XE1.

Irritants
1) the 14mm lens aperture ring is too loose. very easy to accidentally change aperture
2) burst mode is really weird. I can't seem to fire one shot no matter how fast I press the shutter.Image review is terrible. They group the burst mode pics into one group. I like them to be treated as individual pics for easy access

Pros
1) the EVF is better than my NEX6 I feel. Although it tears more easily when panning, I feel the image is slightly further and MUCH easier to view than the NEX6. The nex6 viewfinder image is too close and very picky about how it is viewed. you have to be like exactly 90deg else the image looks bad.

Just got the XE1.

Irritants
1) the 14mm lens aperture ring is too loose. very easy to accidentally change aperture
2) burst mode is really weird. I can't seem to fire one shot no matter how fast I press the shutter.Image review is terrible. They group the burst mode pics into one group. I like them to be treated as individual pics for easy access

Pros
1) the EVF is better than my NEX6 I feel. Although it tears more easily when panning, I feel the image is slightly further and MUCH easier to view than the NEX6. The nex6 viewfinder image is too close and very picky about how it is viewed. you have to be like exactly 90deg else the image looks bad.

1)My ring is not loose, for me at least.

2)What settings and enviroment?

for viewing the burst mode if you press the down arrow you can view it individually

Last edited:
1)My ring is not loose, for me at least.

2)What settings and enviroment?

for viewing the burst mode if you press the down arrow you can view it individually

basically I go into continuous shot 3fps. The minimum number of shots is 2... on most cameras, if you press the shutter lightly, you can shoot 1 shot. If you hold the shutter then you fire a burst. but not the XE1 (you cannot fire single shot in burst mode). coupled with the image review quirk I have decided this is a single shot camera.

The EVF is really good. I am surprised that it is much better than my NEX6. I pretty dislike NEX 6 EVF.

I think the camera makers are all too concerned about magnification all the review sites talk about. I think a XE1 smaller image further away is MUCH better. My eye don't feel so tired and the image looks sharper (because it has higher DPI)

I guess for the 14mm, loose is kind of subjective. I just feel that it turns too easily for me. The optical quality is REALLY good though. Very sharp most of the frame at f2.8. Only the corners are a bit soft but still very useable. No complaints on the optical side though. The hyperfocal markings are pretty useful too.

Last edited:
I just tried the 3 fps. I can go continuous while holding it down, but yea I have not had the need to use burst shots on the xe1.

I just tried the 3 fps. I can go continuous while holding it down, but yea I have not had the need to use burst shots on the xe1.

sorry for not being clear, I meant you cannot fire single shot in burst mode which is really weird.

sorry for not being clear, I meant you cannot fire single shot in burst mode which is really weird.

hmm I can take single shot in burst mode as well. Am i missing something?

hmm I can take single shot in burst mode as well. Am i missing something?

Thanks for telling me this so I did a search....

Burst Mode 'Issues'? - X-E1 Discussion - Fuji X Forum

It seems that there is a way to do a single shot. I must not be in Manual AF mode. I like to decouple the AF from the shutter so I set the XE1 to AF-M and use the AEL for single focus. In this mode you CANNOT fire single shot in burst. Why?? ask fuji....

I think you can take one shot in burst mode but you got to really tap it fast. The button seems to be very sensitive. I had that problem, it would usually take at least two shots. And yes, they group the burst mode shots together. I think it's good for organising but terrible when you want to review them because it's takes a couple of extra button presses.

I think you can take one shot in burst mode but you got to really tap it fast. The button seems to be very sensitive. I had that problem, it would usually take at least two shots. And yes, they group the burst mode shots together. I think it's good for organising but terrible when you want to review them because it's takes a couple of extra button presses.

I don't think it is possible in manual focus mode to take one single shot....

After one more day of shooting with the 14mm, I dare say it is EXCELLENT. I definately can live with the "loose" aperture ring for the kind of IQ. no centering issue, the only flaw is the a bit of softness and coma at EXTREME corners at f2.8. No CA at all.

I also like the Auto DR feature. It adjust the shutter speed faster when there are high DR scenes to protect the highlights. When the scene is less contrasty, it slows down the shutter speed to allow you to have less noise. I think this should be standard in all metering schemes for DSLRs. Nikon has something similar but not as drastic.

Just tried it out. Yes, you can still take a single shot in burst mode drive with manual focus. As I said above, you really have to press and let go quickly. It becomes easier when the shutter speed becomes slower.

Just tried it out. Yes, you can still take a single shot in burst mode drive with manual focus. As I said above, you really have to press and let go quickly. It becomes easier when the shutter speed becomes slower.

maybe my finger not fast enough :) tried many times....

does fujifilm singapore sells a hot shoe cover for the XE1? going down there to pick up free gifts...

First camera I see that does not come with hot shoe cover...

None of the Fuji X series came with hotshoe cover (X100, X100 limited black, X100S, X-E1, and not even the X-Pro1). Just like all Canon and Leica bodies.

You can grab one from Funan or Peninsula Plaza.

Not all cameras are using the same length though, so better bring your camera down to look for a suitable one.

Last edited:
does fujifilm singapore sells a hot shoe cover for the XE1? going down there to pick up free gifts...

First camera I see that does not come with hot shoe cover...

Maybe u should check out a thumbs up from lensmate or match technical instead of just a hot shoe cover?

None of the Fuji X series came with hotshoe cover (X100, X100 limited black, X100S, X-E1, and not even the X-Pro1). Just like all Canon and Leica bodies.

You can grab one from Funan or Peninsula Plaza.

Not all cameras are using the same length though, so better bring your camera down to look for a suitable one.

Canon bodies does not come with hot shoe cap?? Even the pro bodies that are weather sealed? What happens when it rains?

went out shooting one morning at universal studio.

I found out by disabling the image review, using manual focus, you can get decent FPS by hitting the shutter multiple times. A bit tedious and you get can't get anywhere close to 6fps, but at least the images show up as individual ones during review.

The other quirk I found is you cannot magnify 100% in raw, you have to shoot raw+jpeg.... Thuis I am forced to include jpeg even though I usually shoot raw.

Also I don't understand why some people complain there is no focus peaking in XE1. The viewfinder magnified display is REALLY sharp and seems to have a sort of peaking that allows me to judge very easily if the subject is in focus.

Previously, I am using a NEX6+10-18mm OIS, now it is XE1+14mm. The NEX combo is more user friendly with a working burst mode, tiltable LCD screen and IS which allows me to hand hold easily. The XE1 combo looks better, with easier access to controls. The 14mm lens is MUCH better than the 10-18mm. For the 10-18mm I have to stop it to like f5.6 to be comforable while the 14mm at f2.8 is very good already. XE1 viewfinder is also better.