Fuji X100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I case I havent yet mentioned it in a previous post:

The Phottix Atlas wireless flash trigger works on the X100. Fit one on the X100, stick a flash onto another receiver, set the X100 to use External Flash (in Settings), and voila - off-camera flash. Granted, the Atlas looks pretty big on the X100, but it works.

Niedermeyer,

1) The manual focus is super slow - they will fix that in a firmware upgrade (if unsure then get the camera only when you hear about it).
2) It's a rangefinder type viewfinder and as such does not show depth of field. For manual focus go to EVF but see 1 above.
3) Average battery life depends on how you set your camera. I use OVF with back LCD off. Played and shot with the camera all day and it just dropped 1/3 of a bar.
4) Storing of image is a bit show IMO but no slower than the GF-1 or EP-2 (RAW).

I still love it - the form factor and OVF is simply fantastic (just switch off instant replay of your previous shot). Bloody irritating that. Fuji needs to make some refinements to the firmware and software thats for sure but hey it's version 1.

Thanks for the information bro. I'm waiting till mid May to decide whether I would purchase this or the E-PL2 as my back-up camera. Kind of trying to reason myself out of buying the X100 when comparing it to the lower priced EVIL cameras lol.

Niedermayer said:
Thanks for the information bro. I'm waiting till mid May to decide whether I would purchase this or the E-PL2 as my back-up camera. Kind of trying to reason myself out of buying the X100 when comparing it to the lower priced EVIL cameras lol.

Bro, if you have intention to get either GF2 or EPL2 and pair with 20mm lens, then the price is almost similar to X100 already. Unless you going to use zoom lenses or some legacy lenses, then its different story

Trust me, the super high ISO performance of X100 alone is worth every penny spent.

I would say it is at least minimum 1-2 stops better anytime than the current m4/3s and on par with most DSLRs if not better.

Of course everyone's needs is different.

Not to mention that because this lens was specifically designed for this camera and the camera for this lens, the IQ is exceptional. There's almost a certain magical quality about the images that I can't explain

I'm surprised that nobody noticed or mentioned that the X100 does not have any image stabilisation. This must be the only recent high end camera that does not come with built-in image stabilisation. Perhaps that may explain why sometimes the images may come out soft. :think:

Last edited:
tomcat said:
I'm surprised that nobody noticed or mentioned that the X100 does not have any image stabilisation. This must be the only recent high end camera that does not come with built-in image stabilisation. Perhaps that may explain why sometimes the images may come out soft. :think:

Probably its has leaf shutter which has much lesser vibrations?

But since it has such good high iso performamce, i can use higher shutter speed to sort of reduce handshake.

And since it has ovf, composing near to our eyes sort of act as a form of stabilisation as well.

Of course i am too surprised it does not come with either sensor or lens shift stabilisation. But maybe they just want to give us a really true photography tool which is similar to olden days.

Together disgusted by some who is still trying to make money by selling at ridiculous price in B&S. :(

It's a case of supply and demand.

It's still somewhat of a seller's market for now.

I know of a person who paid S$2,500 for an iPad 2 (I didn't ask which model) because he die-die wanted one.

Together disgusted by some who is still trying to make money by selling at ridiculous price in B&S. :(

well, u can't stop people who are desperate to own it and don't wish to wait. just live and let live... and laugh later when the x100 comes out en mass? :bsmilie:

will x100 have the possibility to come out with a underwater housing? LOL

X100 is not limited edition. If not enough to supply Fuji will manufacture more!

No need to rush to buy unless all your cameras are not working!

Following what another guy did on flickr, ie, using a pentax lens hood.

Mine arrived, together with the 52mm-49mm step-down rings, and a Heliopan 30.5mm UV filter (black).

Lens does not hit the filter/hood during macro mode.

X100 is not limited edition. If not enough to supply Fuji will manufacture more!

No need to rush to buy unless all your cameras are not working!

argh yeah, but i need a good compact camera for my holiday!

any online tutorials for x100??? TIA

read the manual. There were a lot of things I didnt know about the X100 until I went through the manual thoroughly. :)

Where would be a good place to place a preorder for the X100? Would I have to pay in full? TIA!

i was at HN (suntec city), they have ready stock. think, the sales person mentioned left 3 sets.
1699, but only free16gb no case, no extra batt.....

That seems a bit overpriced compared with what other people got for their sets...

Would suggest potential buyers to just call up retailers to check. Managed to get one upon walk-in, no reservations required :)

Status
Not open for further replies.