Friends of deceased at funeral get aggressive at media presence

staring events is worth it.

When they stared at books they know they are a failure. But find satisfaction staring at others.
Staring is not a trivial event to them, it is like taking PSLE.
Different values system.

When they stared at books they know they are a failure. But find satisfaction staring at others.
Staring is not a trivial event to them, it is like taking PSLE.
Different values system.

of course it is not trivial, but i don't think any gang head would want his lower members to go around committing murder or slashing events for a comparatively small thing like a dumb non-streetsmart person staring at them.

Actually being chopped to death for staring has happened before in MY. :sweat:

which is why i said, gangs in singapore.

there is a slightly different standard of law enforcement here in singapore, and as a result, i would postulate that behaviour would be slightly modified.

of course it is not trivial, but i don't think any gang head would want his lower members to go around committing murder or slashing events for a comparatively small thing like a dumb non-streetsmart person staring at them.

you can go to geylang and test it out. Come back to me with a report. :bsmilie:

btw many of these pawns don't know what is happening and don't know their head. They just follow blindly like a pack of wild animals.

I understand it is personal perspective when deciding whether a piece if news is newsworthy or not.
I am just quite surprise that some seems that they could derive a lot insight or truth to the related gang fight from this funeral event which is just an aftermath. To me, a simple write-up covering the funeral event is more than suffice.

What glorious history does 369 processes, which continue to attract young new members to pledge allegiance to the gang? Where their respective tuffs are and what are their organization structure like? What activities and rituals do they perform regularly to strengthen their unity and brotherhood? Maybe this can become a learning point for SAF to forge strong comradeship.

Having read the news so far, I do not find any trace of information related to the above.
Having said, I am now not surprise, how an aunty fights another aunty in the hawker center can become the headline in Singapore newspapers.

Having said, I am now not surprise, how an aunty fights another aunty in the hawker center can become the headline in Singapore newspapers.

such news always sells right?

if not u think everyone will spend that 70-80cents on a newspaper for purely political news and weather report?

what social or economic value does reportage of:

earthquakes, tsunamis, a cat being trapped in a dustbin, release of the new ipad, having a whale beached somewhere in france, medicare in america, obama flying to indonesia, blah blah blah bring?

frankly speaking, there is also not much effect on us by knowing about all of these. there is also no truth or insight being unearthed.

welcome to news!

Sorry, but I feel that you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
Eathquakes, Tsunamis affect lives of many and it is still affecting. It has time value in supporting relief efforts.
Strikes and Industrial actions affect our daily lives. Recently I cancelled a business trip to Lyon, which all expanses has already been paid.
Cat in dustbin??? I really do not understand why you band it together.

Eathquakes, Tsunamis affect lives of many and it is still affecting. It has time value in supporting relief efforts.
Strikes and Industrial actions affect our daily lives. Recently I cancelled a business trip to Lyon, which all expanses has already been paid.

cat in dustbin also news what :bsmilie:

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154485325

a strike in FRANCE affects your daily life? maybe if you're a frenchman.... as far as i'm concerned, i wasn't affected a single bit. :bsmilie:

my point is, loads of news that we see do not really affect us, and do not achieve anything much socially or economically. people just have a thirst to know. it's that simple, do you have to attach a value to that?

such news always sells right?

if not u think everyone will spend that 70-80cents on a newspaper for purely political news and weather report?

think he better not pick up a british or american tabloid...................

he will have an aneurysm

[youtube]E4GJbLVXvjU[/youtube]

those boys will think they look cool but they look like monkeys to me

By the way, I doubt relief efforts show any sympathy of people at all. When people participate in relief efforts, most of the time it's just to show face to act altruistic. Look, who knew about Haiti before the earthquake? Suddenly when you have a natural disaster everybody decides to help you. Nobody is helping with your other problems like famine etc. when nothing is happening to you.

But back at the topic, or rather the video, they look pretty retarded to me.

Last edited:
cat in dustbin also news what :bsmilie:

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154485325

a strike in FRANCE affects your daily life? maybe if you're a frenchman.... as far as i'm concerned, i wasn't affected a single bit. :bsmilie:

my point is, loads of news that we see do not really affect us, and do not achieve anything much socially or economically. people just have a thirst to know. it's that simple, do you have to attach a value to that?

“people just have a thirst to know. it's that simple, do you have to attach a value to that?”

Beside provoking the rowdy behavior of the youngsters and intruding others privacy, does the footage of the funeral achieved anything much socially or economically?
My main point is about the reporting etiquette in this fiasco. Does it help to comfort or provide support to the family and friends with this kind of coverage?

“a strike in FRANCE affects your daily life? maybe if you're a frenchman.... as far as i'm concerned, i wasn't affected a single bit. ”

If you are speaking as a full pledge student, I can agree more or less with you.

By the way, I doubt relief efforts show any sympathy of people at all. When people participate in relief efforts, most of the time it's just to show face to act altruistic. Look, who knew about Haiti before the earthquake? Suddenly when you have a natural disaster everybody decides to help you. Nobody is helping with your other problems like famine etc. when nothing is happening to you.

But back at the topic, or rather the video, they look pretty retarded to me.

I agree with your points.
Nonetheless, this type of coverage still cajoles the relief efforts that support the victims, disregarding the real intentions behind the acts.

Just sharing with you about my thought.
Last night, I watched on CCTV about forced labour attached to loan, which is happening in Pakistan. A mother, together with five young children, working in a brick factory, making 1,000 bricks before sunset, earning 3USD per day to pay off a loan of USD30,000, which is taken to treat the husband down with cancer. Calling for legislation to act on it.

My point, does Sinjiapoh media narrates this category of news?
Beside Crime Watch, any else comes close?

I agree with your points.
Nonetheless, this type of coverage still cajoles the relief efforts that support the victims, disregarding the real intentions behind the acts.

Just sharing with you about my thought.
Last night, I watched on CCTV about forced labour attached to loan, which is happening in Pakistan. A mother, together with five young children, working in a brick factory, making 1,000 bricks before sunset, earning 3USD per day to pay off a loan of USD30,000, which is taken to treat the husband down with cancer. Calling for legislation to act on it.

My point, does Sinjiapoh media narrates this category of news?
Beside Crime Watch, any else comes close?

Please don't OT.

more worms out of the can :

Quote :
Darren Ng, 19, who was fatally slashed at Downtown East by a group of youths on Oct 30, was carrying a weapon and had been involved in a gang fight after a meeting between two gangs. This was revealed by Home Minister K. Shanmugam to reporters at a briefing today (Nov 12) on the gang situation here.
Unquote

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...rren_belonged_to_gang__targeted_by_rival.html

Beside provoking the rowdy behavior of the youngsters and intruding others privacy, does the footage of the funeral achieved anything much socially or economically?
My main point is about the reporting etiquette in this fiasco. Does it help to comfort or provide support to the family and friends with this kind of coverage?

how about uncovering plausible social trends?

do you think kevin carter's picture helps to comfort or provide support to the person in it?

vulturejpeg.jpg

the media is a form of invisible pressure, it can pressurise the police to be less complacent, be more on the ball. are you saying there is absolutely nothing positive that comes out of it? that's definitely not the case.

The video is about the deceased's friends getting aggressive at media presence, not about them getting angry with the 2 videographer's bosses who sent them there. So please chill and stop talking about the characteristics and worthiness of news, both local and international.

The video is about the deceased's friends getting aggressive at media presence, not about them getting angry with the 2 videographer's bosses who sent them there. So please chill and stop talking about the characteristics and worthiness of news, both local and international.

their aggressiveness is associated with gang activities or at least ah beng behaviors.

do u shout vulgarities and show ah beng behaviors during funerals even if you are faced with interviewers when it is an ordinary funeral?

this video just gave us an INSIGHT what kind of friends he is mixing with and what could have lead to his death. It is also this VIDEO that pressurise the police to do more work and answer to the public how this attack can happen in singapore which is not known to be a violent city.

so IMO, its news worthy.