FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO PETROBRAS DO BRASIL 2009 [16 - 18 Oct]

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to brawn and button.
2dbw9s7.jpg

CONGRATES TO THE NEW WORLD CHAMPION!!! Button n Brawn!!!

Season ended with one race to go! Bernie must be sad!:bsmilie:

Last edited:
congratulations to world champion button! :thumbsup:

too bad for rubens. bak kwa spoiled his race. :angry: and heikki tried to set kimi on fire! :angry:

;p

Yep, a HUGE CONGRATS to Jensen Button, the WDC 2009 winner!!!

On a side note, this race will forever be ingrained in history why they call Kimi Raikonnen the Ice Man: Engulfed in flames, temporarily blinding him, and with residual fuel drops in his eyes for the rest of the race... and all this while keeping his cool. Now try melting that! :thumbsup:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5626754,00.html

From the article above, it seems like Bernie "wants a favour" from Brawn and Jensen to not wrap up the WDC at Interlagos so that the new race at Abu Dhabi will be much more exciting, especially when it is on a new track...

So, my question is...

He is sort of "the boss" of F1 thingy... Will the team be "force to listen" to his "advice"? Although he can say that what he said was just his personal opinion, but i cant help but feels that he has a big influence on the results maybe in terms of say, if Brawn needs "his help" in certain aspect too?

We shall see the results of this weekend race to see if that's the case...

Well, not so kelong or WWE afterall.. Jenson won it despite Bernie's asking for a favour... The Prince at Abu Dhabi must be damn sian cos its not so exciting anymore with nothing to fight for in their inaugural Grand Prix...

Yah.. Congrats to Jenson!!!

Speaking about Kimi, the commentor was saying that "No wonder he is known as the Iceman, he still can maintain his cool even when he is on fire, literally..."

Yesterday's race was a good one... We see many challenges at different parts of the tracks, drivers fighting it out, crashes, people on fire and different strategies played out by different teams...

Electronic controlled lollipop?? Green light ahead of fuel line removed.

Last year's mistake in Singapore was that during the safety car there was a manual overwrite in the lights system. The usual practice was when refueling was done, the refueller would press the green light and the master light will go green signaling the driver release light. However during the safety car period, there were many cars in the pit lane and as such, there was a guy controlling the master car release button. He had to wait for the refueller to press his light before he could release his finger on his button which releases the car. But as a Honda car went past in the fast lane, the master release guy let go of his button by mistake and Massa drove off. Actually you can see in the replay that the light changed back to red when the master release guy re-pressed the button, but by then it was too late.

Eventually, the culprit was sacked from the team.

What Ferrari could have done was create a simple logic circuit. Fuel done + car release button = green light would have been simple.

LOL! Hope his deal with McLaren goes through. They suit each other.

But I sure as hell don't want to see him in a Toyota or even a Redbull for that matter. He's better off retiring from F1 and do whatever he bloody well pleases.

I think Redbull have a good design philosophy this year, esp with regards to the pull rod system on the rear suspension, which lowers the center of gravity at the back of the car and improves rear traction. I would be surprised if other teams try this layout for next year.

congratulations to world champion button! :thumbsup:

too bad for rubens. bak kwa spoiled his race. :angry: and heikki tried to set kimi on fire! :angry:

damn McLaren! :angry: :bsmilie:

Yep, a HUGE CONGRATS to Jensen Button, the WDC 2009 winner!!!

On a side note, this race will forever be ingrained in history why they call Kimi Raikonnen the Ice Man: Engulfed in flames, temporarily blinding him, and with residual fuel drops in his eyes for the rest of the race... and all this while keeping his cool. Now try melting that! :thumbsup:

probably Heikki wanted to test and see if the Iceman can be melted... unfortunately, the answer is No!

Kimi wasn't even pissed off with what had happened. he kept his cool. if bak-kwa were in Kimi's place, i bet chow-tar-bak-kwa (aka Snr. bak-kwa will be fuming like mad :bsmilie:

sad to see Kimi leaving my beloved team. would be good he just stick around for a few more seasons. i think he and Felipe has no working problems.

Last edited:
Well, not so kelong or WWE afterall.. Jenson won it despite Bernie's asking for a favour... The Prince at Abu Dhabi must be damn sian cos its not so exciting anymore with nothing to fight for in their inaugural Grand Prix...

Yah.. Congrats to Jenson!!!

Speaking about Kimi, the commentor was saying that "No wonder he is known as the Iceman, he still can maintain his cool even when he is on fire, literally..."

Yesterday's race was a good one... We see many challenges at different parts of the tracks, drivers fighting it out, crashes, people on fire and different strategies played out by different teams...

no lah... Abu Dhabi will still be as interesting as it is a new circuit. people will always want to be at a new circuit.

i myself can't wait for the F1 circus to race at Abu Dhabi.

darn it... i really don't want to say it but i somehow have to... Congrats to Button on clinching the WDC title.

i really pity Barrichello. he worked so hard to reach where he is now and to see it wasted away. i don't know why, but he has never had a good outing at Interlagos. home-ground jinx?

conspiracy theories are abuzz... was his tyre got really punctured by bak-kwa or did the team put a under pressurized tyre on his car? :think:

driver of the race should be kobayashi. 1st race already show so much promise.

driver of the race should be kobayashi. 1st race already show so much promise.

Not sure about that. He's already got the nickname "Kamui Kamikaze".

Swerving into the braking zone after the car behind has committed is just juvenile. He almost took out Button the same way he took out his fellow countryman Nakajima.

Not sure about that. He's already got the nickname "Kamui Kamikaze".

Swerving into the braking zone after the car behind has committed is just juvenile. He almost took out Button the same way he took out his fellow countryman Nakajima.

Kobayashi needs to be taught a lesson on fair play. Hope he doesnt appear in Abu Dhabi.

come to think of this year's WDC and how it was won... it seemed like Dejavu of 2008.

last year, a Brazilian driver lost the title to a Brit in Brazil. this year, a Brazilian driver also lost the WDC to a Brit in Brazil.

Brazil is a championship showdown place. 2005, 2006 - Alonso win in Brazil, 2007 Kimi, 2008 Hammy, 2009 Button.

Status
Not open for further replies.