Finally i got my k-x

Out topic, sorry, because i don't wanna waste bandwidth on creating another new thread.

is there a kind of lens which is recommended for food photography? Or kit lens is good enough le? Thanks! :D

Out topic, sorry, because i don't wanna waste bandwidth on creating another new thread.

is there a kind of lens which is recommended for food photography? Or kit lens is good enough le? Thanks! :D

Kit lens should be good enough. Depends on how shallow a DOF you want; lighting conditions; etc.

kit lens is good enough for a start.

min focusing distance is only 25cm. it can't do 1:1 magnification but its 1:0.34 is decent.

not true macro quality but no additional cost also.

if u got money to burn, get the DA35 Ltd macro. its the perfect tool for food photography and great for portraits too.

Regarding to my post last night about bluring of picture, i have play around just now and sorta get a hang of it already. Practice makes perfect eh?

i have random taking photo here and there, will post below some of the picture i took, hope to receive advice on how can i improve

IMGP0135.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

IMGP0120-1.jpg

IMGP0008.jpg

IMGP0014-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cute dog you have there! the background is blur what!

Cute dog you have there! the background is blur what!

thanks!!! eh ya, i figured it out just now. positioning plays a huge role... now i is hope to get some advice on how can i improve.

seems like u roughly got it :)

the rest is just practice, practice and more practice. :thumbsup:

seems like u roughly got it :)

the rest is just practice, practice and more practice. :thumbsup:

ya, been tring here and there, took hundreds of pictures and also deleted hundreds :bsmilie:

The last photo of the dog, any idea how to get that effect? take the photo at 1/60 shutter?
I randomly got this picture on the day i got it:confused:

Hi guys, after weeks of consideration and reading this forum + posting to ask question and such, i finally get myself a k-x!!:sweatsm:

Got it from Ray at SLR Revo, indeed he is a nice guy, very helpful even thou the shop is pack of ppl. Thumbs up for him :thumbsup:

Navy Blue

DSCF1033.jpg

Eh...may i ask how come u got the white cover on the body...???
I dun have it when i bought from Manly...???
Did u bought it as extra or........

it comes together with the body does it not?:eek: it was attached together when i got it. i get mine from Ray at funan SLR Revo

I think this photo can send for competition for "Most pitiful dog" Contest. Hahaha.

IMGP0014-1.jpg

I think this photo can send for competition for "Most pitiful dog" Contest. Hahaha.

IMGP0014-1.jpg

and how pitiful is that!!! :angry:

Sleeping beside me now:cool:

that is the body mount cover, it should be inside the box.

I thou the white cover comes together when you brought the cam?? Mine is...

Dun have the cover means 1 big hole exposed when lens is not fitted on? It should be in the original package. :think:

i prefer #2 to #1.. the distinct leaves in the background of #1 are really really distracting but #2 has good subject-background separation since the background is much further away

:bsmilie: one man's meat is another man's poison.

i don't like #2 because the bokeh makes me dizzy :confused: when i look at that pic, i'm always focusing on the background instead of the subject...

i prefer a slight, creamy, dreamy bokeh... something like what we can get with the soft filter on the k-x, or from a traditional soft lens :lovegrin:

i am same as darrrrrrrrrr, perfer the 2nd one as have a cleaner backgound to make the object stand out...
i think detritus is too poison by the bokeh effect over the sharpness of the object...:bsmilie:
just joking...:bsmilie: everyone have their own like...

i am same as darrrrrrrrrr, perfer the 2nd one as have a cleaner backgound to make the object stand out...
i think detritus is too poison by the bokeh effect over the sharpness of the object...:bsmilie:
just joking...:bsmilie: everyone have their own like...

:bsmilie: strangely enough, i had a similar discussion in macro forum over another pic as well... seems that the general preference is towards shallower DOF to make the subject stand out more.

will work on my technique and refine my aesthetic preferences then ;p

haha, still have yet to try out the different filter effect as i want to get the basic up 1st.

isit possible to get a fully focus picture with everything in focus when focal length is at 55mm? i have increase my Fx.x to 7.0 or 9.0(higher value) but either everything in the picture gets blur (shaky) or nth change as compare to F5.6 55mm.

:bsmilie: strangely enough, i had a similar discussion in macro forum over another pic as well... seems that the general preference is towards shallower DOF to make the subject stand out more.

will work on my technique and refine my aesthetic preferences then ;p

haha up to you la.. some ppl like the swirly bokeh from some russian lenses like the helios.. i never try it before but it looks interesting to me. no donut bokeh (frm mirror lens) for me though..