Finally i got my k-x

Hi guys, after weeks of consideration and reading this forum + posting to ask question and such, i finally get myself a k-x!!:sweatsm:

Got it from Ray at SLR Revo, indeed he is a nice guy, very helpful even thou the shop is pack of ppl. Thumbs up for him :thumbsup:

Navy Blue

DSCF1033.jpg
just browsing some old threads, and suddenly i remembered.. what a small world.. i was there at SLRR to buy the ew-83j lens hood for my canon ef-s15-55 f2.8 IS when you bought your camera.. you were with a female friend right? and as you enter the shop, you were on the left hand counter.. correct?

small world... haha

just browsing some old threads, and suddenly i remembered.. what a small world.. i was there at SLRR to buy the ew-83j lens hood for my canon ef-s15-55 f2.8 IS when you bought your camera.. you were with a female friend right? and as you enter the shop, you were on the left hand counter.. correct?

small world... haha

I think u got the wrong person>.< i went alone to get my k-x:bsmilie:
But i was at the left counter;)

hi there :)

i am still a newbie but one advice from me will be to breath in and than press the shutter.(Same advice they give u when shooting with a gun) this helps u to stabilize ur picture. i see ur photo with the padlock and the hexagon bokeh in the background... the padlock seems not so sharp....
i also have this problem where the focus is not so sharp but when i hold my breath and take the picture it seem to help me. make it a habite soon it will be a natural instinct........

btw i also got the Navy K-x with kit lens. than as time passed by i got a 50mm and a 135mm manual lens from the B&S section..... play around with ur 18-55 u will learn a lot about ur preference from there.

Last edited:
i am still a newbie but one advice from me will be to breath in and than press the shutter.(Same advice they give u when shooting with a gun) this helps u to stabilize ur picture. i see ur photo with the padlock and the hexagon bokeh in the background... the padlock seems not so sharp....
i also have this problem where the focus is not so sharp but when i hold my breath and take the picture it seem to help me. make it a habite soon it will be a natural instinct........

btw i also got the Navy K-x with kit lens. than as time passed by i got a 50mm and a 135mm manual lens from the B&S section..... play around with ur 18-55 u will learn a lot about ur preference from there.

thanks for the advice:D
Been enjoying my k-x. But will not get a new lens until i figure out how to operate my k-x:bsmilie:

thanks for the advice:D
Been enjoying my k-x. But will not get a new lens until i figure out how to operate my k-x:bsmilie:

Haha. Better know how to use m mode, after i gotten a manual 50mm lens, life changed. LOL everything is manual!

I think u got the wrong person>.< i went alone to get my k-x:bsmilie:
But i was at the left counter;)

hi there :)
oh maybe she was just standing around waiting for someone else.. should be u i guess..

date if i remember correctly should be 7th august.. the sat before national day on monday.. time around late afternoon.. maybe 4pm?

Haha. Better know how to use m mode, after i gotten a manual 50mm lens, life changed. LOL everything is manual!

wow nice, M 50mm or A 50mm? haha. if i not wrong, it is a portrait lens right?
Was wondering should i get a manual 50mm lens or a auto...
But thinking to get a tamron 23-78 F2.8(length should be correct;p)

which 1 is yours? http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751992

oh maybe she was just standing around waiting for someone else.. should be u i guess..

date if i remember correctly should be 7th august.. the sat before national day on monday.. time around late afternoon.. maybe 4pm?

Yup, date and time is correct! iam at the shop around 430-5pm
i think remember who is the girl, she was with another friend buying lens:bsmilie:
The guy there is using a white k-x.

Last edited:

Yup, date and time is correct! iam at the shop around 430-5pm
i think remember who is the girl, she was with another friend buying lens:bsmilie:
The guy there is using a white k-x.

Should be 28-75 f2.8

Hmm, i dont know the name le. It's K 50/1.4. Yah it's old.

this one right? yeah... its full manual for you. no A setting. have to use aperture ring and green button. i have another one from the same series.

depends what u're gonna use it for. i would recommend something with AF if you can spare the cash. if u must get an MF one, at least get one with the A setting. easier to use.

this one right? yeah... its full manual for you. no A setting. have to use aperture ring and green button. i have another one from the same series.

So far, i've learnt using manual mode and turning of aperture ring, but green button quite seldom in use. It's for adjusting the value to default right? How to "really" use the green button ah?

I got this one lo. From Fengwei. :thumbsup: His treasures condition is very mint and very good condition

Last edited:
Should be 28-75 f2.8

thanks thanks:bsmilie: always forgot>.<

depends what u're gonna use it for. i would recommend something with AF if you can spare the cash. if u must get an MF one, at least get one with the A setting. easier to use.

was thinking of AF. it cost around 500-600 for a 50mm
But cannot decide on what to get.. MF is alot cheaper but nid to DIY. another CSer reco me tamron 28-75. :confused:
Want to look for a portrait lens.

thanks thanks:bsmilie: always forgot>.<

was thinking of AF. it cost around 500-600 for a 50mm
But cannot decide on what to get.. MF is alot cheaper but nid to DIY. another CSer reco me tamron 28-75. :confused:
Want to look for a portrait lens.

Hmm, if you read about the advantages of mf, mf is better. although u have to set the exposure yourself(settling the iso, aperture, shutter speed takes awhile before you snap). But the outcome is good.
the best thing is, it's cheaper! hahaha.

if you don't mind I tom-bang your thread, I show you some pic here.
45430_424050298316_592568316_5012988_4420614_n.jpg

45430_424050308316_592568316_5012990_3329779_n.jpg

45430_424050303316_592568316_5012989_4302119_n.jpg

Last edited:
So far, i've learnt using manual mode and turning of aperture ring, but green button quite seldom in use. It's for adjusting the value to default right? How to "really" use the green button ah?

I got this one lo. From Fengwei. :thumbsup: His treasures condition is very mint and very good condition

It can be use to help you meter the scene. When you set ur aperture , you press the Green button to help it meter the exposure, it will help you set your Shutter etc..... Helpful when you need to be quick in getting your shots. But sometime it could under or over exposure. Really depend on situations.

Hmm, if you read about the advantages of mf, mf is better. although u have to set the exposure yourself(settling the iso, aperture, shutter speed takes awhile before you snap). But the outcome is :thumbsup::heart::heart:

in some cases hving to set will be wasting time i think, so getting a AF helps save time.

hungry liao la!!!!!

Last edited:
Hmm, if you read about the advantages of mf, mf is better. although u have to set the exposure yourself(settling the iso, aperture, shutter speed takes awhile before you snap). But the outcome is :thumbsup::heart::heart:

Yeah. Manual lens are fun but sometimes i would tend to hope it's with Auto focus. With a 1.4, their depth of field is so thin, damn hard to focus. And also, you can't really use the compose, shift and recompose and shoot as the DOF is thin wide open, chances of OOF is quite high. With AF, you can set ur selection points on your DSLR when u doing the composition.

as per ranchy's post above, the green button's default function in M mode is metering.

very convenient when using older lenses.

Last edited: