ferrari on fire

That's exactly my first thoughts on the matter.
ferrari being such a powerful car, one might not realise
the handbrake is on especially if you are not used to
the car.

There is such a thing called "handbrake warning light" and some cars even have an audible alarm to alert u that the handbrake is still on. If this chappie ignored the signs -then :dunno:

Italian designs are great, italian engines are lovely, but when it comes to cooling system and electronics, thats a different story all together :bsmilie:

the car.

moral of the story - if you cannot handle big and powerful equipment, don't use it.

There is such a thing called "handbrake warning light" and some cars even have an audible alarm to alert u that the handbrake is still on. If this chappie ignored the signs -then :dunno:

Italian designs are great, italian engines are lovely, but when it comes to cooling system and electronics, thats a different story all together :bsmilie:

my camera has metering system and "exposure light". why do i still take underexposed and overexposed photos?? :dunno:

I came across an article before about europe car designed for their climate and as such, there is higher chance of the vehicle breaking down if not properly taken care of. I just happens to browse across it and not very sure of the detail also.

my camera has metering system and "exposure light". why do i still take underexposed and overexposed photos?? :dunno:

... its the person behind the camera and not the camera perhaps :bsmilie:

... its the person behind the camera and not the camera perhaps :bsmilie:

Nah always blame the camera. Must be camera not good enough :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

the car.

Yeap, given the power of the engine, if the brakes is not fully release, some may not realise it. This have happenen before even with jap cars like Honda. Burning cars have been reported in the press and TV news before and not all that was reported are rich man's car.

Last edited:
These cars don't use normal brake pad....it can and should withstand any friction from speed of 300km/h.....also from the picture....it doesn't looks like external inflicks....more like engine caught fire :sweat:

Insurance company pays...

not really..i own a Italian car and the cooling system is great.

I ever drove to Penang with other conti (VW, Opel...etc) and those conti got to rest at petrol station due to overheating while my Fiat still going strong. Reason is that mine has 2 radiator fans when other only have 1.

May be i am lucky cos mine never has any major problem in the last 4.5 years.

out of curiosity...do you have a fire extinguisher in your house?

yes i do.i have 6.

and in every of my 'super' cars, i have one.
for my lao pok chia which i drive and dont give 3 hoots about finding parking, dings and dents, i dont bother with fire extinguisher.:bsmilie:

not really..i own a Italian car and the cooling system is great.

I ever drove to Penang with other conti (VW, Opel...etc) and those conti got to rest at petrol station due to overheating while my Fiat still going strong. Reason is that mine has 2 radiator fans when other only have 1.

May be i am lucky cos mine never has any major problem in the last 4.5 years.

Perhaps u have one of the "better" built ones. Typically, with car cooling systems .. u only have 2 traffic situation to worry about .. (1) jam (2) high speed runs

I came across an article before about europe car designed for their climate and as such, there is higher chance of the vehicle breaking down if not properly taken care of. I just happens to browse across it and not very sure of the detail also.

A friend used to own Renault's Espace 2.0, the big v6 MPV. Goes very fast yet stable. Big problem? Overheats easily. Try to avoid continental cars when driving in Singapore, drive Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Malaysian. They should be fine.

It's actually quite taxing on the engine to crawl the Ferrari through Singapore streets where it rarely goes beyond 3rd gear.

There's nothing more painful to watch than a super car being lamed through by the bonehead driver in the Singapore traffic. Perhaps watching it burst into flames is a way of showing mercy to the depressed Stallion by ending its misery.

Thankfully there are many sensible super car drivers among us as well, who indulge in their love for speed by driving up to Sepang and letting it rip in its full glory on speed weeks.

Morale of the story, don't bloody use a Ferrari as an ox cart, and don't let an ox/cow drive a Ferrari :bsmilie:

i wonder if those Acer Ferrari notebooks risk catching fire as well... :think:

Sadly to say, most of the time I have more problems with female drivers and gangster cabby. ALMOST all the time when a vehicle following behind me trying to blind me with high beam on, the driver is a female...:(

I have problems with people who drive MPVs. Somehow I have encountered too many who think they're driving race cars. But that's another story for another day.

Fire extinguishers in cars. I have always thought about putting one in the car, but my workplace carpark is not sheltered, and my car's always baking under the sun, so I worry about the cannister exploding because of the heat. Even if it doesn't cause a fire, it would at least cause a nasty mess.

Possibly a motor vehicle insurance fraud as the owner might be on the verge of bankrupt and unable to pay for the monthly instalment of the Ferrari.

I wouldn't be surprise if there are more cases of supercars "burning up". :rolleyes:

That would be sad... buying a Ferrari on loan would be freaking madness if you calculate the interest :S