SAD to see Boy Sleeping on the Ground as BLIND Grandma Sells Newspapers

ymmij

Dec 4, 2005
Sad to see boy sleeping on the ground as blind grandma sells newspapers

STOMPer Cyberdog was sad to see a blind elderly woman having to sell newspapers with her young grandson sleeping on the ground just beside here.

According to feedback from several STOMPers, the elderly woman's stall is located at Block 339 Ang Mo Kio.

Said the STOMPer:

"Two years ago, the poor boy's parent disappeared, leaving him with his old grandparents.

"I remember seeing his grandparents carrying him as a baby and selling newspapers everyday.

"A few months ago, the grandfather was not seen anymore, and nobody knew what had happened to him.

"The grandma, unfortunately began turning blind yet had to continue taking care of the boy by herself.

"Since then, I still see the grandma selling newspapers but unable to use eyes to count the change for her customers.

"The boy sleeps sleeps next to his grandma's stall everyday.

"I'm a poor guy and unable to help much, except to buy newspapers from her.

"I really hope that the government will provide some help to this poor family.

"It is so sad to watch the boy sleep on the floor like a beggar and the blind grandma having to sell newspapers to support the family.

"God bless this family."

STOMP - Singapore Seen - Sad to see boy sleeping on the ground as blind grandma sells newspapers

Well...wat can i say,its a reality that many people shun away from.Sure hope that the government can do something to assist the blind grandma & the poor child.:thumbsup:

That's why people are so fedup when Npark says the $2000+ bicycle are value for $.....every dollar saved in the procurement can be better channel to many more citizen like these..

Money sure have. wanna see and get it?? Pls apply it.

They only want to use the people money to buy cheapo scholars from other country who come make racist comments and then run away.

Hi.... could anyone living in and around AMK... verify this report ?? Example.... is this woman really blind and does she really sell paper out of Blk 339 ?? :think:

I have never like STOMP and this feeling is lagi re-enforced by the recent "MRT Door Lady" story.... and also this 'Jem' of a BS from VR-Zone

If any ClubSNAP-er who does know for a FACT, that this story is true... please share. Thxs. :thumbsup:

This story with pics was printed in Wanbao few nights ago but can't remember if it was AMK or Potong Pasir. The mother took off with her Malaysian boyfriend to live there against their wishes & left the son with grandparents but she did not marry him out of respect for her father who later passed on. She does come back to visit them once a while & the old lady had to call Polis to locate her. The boy does his homework & sleeps next to the grandma, helping her with change as there was once a man who stole from her!

I was thinking he probably can't do some homework as these days schools give kids homeworks on web where he won't have access. Sigh.

It's a long term problem as he has a mother who abandoned them & we can't just walk over to pass them $ but I do hope social workers etc can step-in. Perhaps we can chip in something for them.